It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you can buy a jar of Glenn Beck’s ‘urine’ with an Obama figurine inside

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If he painted...yeah...but he didn't...some crazy zealot did.

Art is art...I don't have to like it or agree with it, but it is what it is.

As far as Beck...I have never liked the guy much. Too over the top. I like my freedom, but I like to look as if I am sane. His art is a little icky to me...urine?...really?

All art is in the eyes of the beholder anyway...

edit on 11/30/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

The artist should be free to paint it.

I should be free to criticise it.

Free being the operative word.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'd buy it on national TV. Open it, down the beer and fill it back up with real pee then re-sell it.

Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I personally saw it as a diss to Obama...that he deserves to be crucified. And also dissing his fans for "worshiping" him. I thought an Obama basher made the painting until I read that article.

After looking at his site, he made this as a response to the people that misinterpreted it.

This painting was done in response to the thousands who misinterpreted ‘The Truth’ as blasphemy. Not wanting the message of that painting to be lost, this painting was done without the use of religious symbolism.

artandresponse.com...
edit on 30-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

"Far-Left-Art"? I'm aware of Piss Christ however I feel fairly confident that it isn't a common trait among far left artists...

Seriously? lol

On topic. Beck is a nothing short of a genius exploiting a massive group of morons. All his crying and gasping and wailing and flipping out... all his BS proven wrong constantly, and still he has many followers and has made a fortune. His groupies are made up of the exact kind of people that deserve to be paying 25K for a jar of pee er I mean beer that is called pee.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Why is it ok when liberal artists put Jesus in pee but when a conservative emulates it and puts an appropriate Marxist in pee it causes outrage?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What outrage? I see no evidence of such.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't see any outrage, all I see is people making fun of Beck for being such a cornball.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join