It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you can buy a jar of Glenn Beck’s ‘urine’ with an Obama figurine inside

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I heard part of the show where they put "Obama in Pee Pee" on ebay and have to admit it was pretty funny. It's a parody of the Piss Christ piece. And I admire Beck's stance on the first amendment during the segment. He very plainly said he does not agree with the artist that painted Obama in a Christ pose - but the guy has the right to do it. We do not have a right to never be offended.

Ebay did pull the jar auction after bids had topped $11,000 - all going to charity.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Glenn Beck is a muslim.

That is my art.

Actually, that is a statement. If you made a drawing, painted a picture, wrote a poem about Glenn Beck being a muslim - that would be art.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg

Originally posted by zroth

Glenn Beck is a muslim.

That is my art.

Actually, that is a statement. If you made a drawing, painted a picture, wrote a poem about Glenn Beck being a muslim - that would be art.

art

noun
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

expression. and your critique proves it is art. it could not be otherwise.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Because left wing and right wing ideology exists

i agree the ideology exists. It only exists as a grand deception, to post info feeding the grand deception is irresponsible.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I mean your mentality would be great if everyone thought exactly the same about everything but that isn't the case.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Darn I just flushed a perfect replicla of Glenn Beck down the toilet this morning I should have called him so he could have used it to stand in for him during the show.

It probably would have gotten him better ratings.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
He is trying to mock far-left-wing art that considers peeing and defecating on things to be "art". But this will backfire because peeing on the President is just about one of the most unconservative and unpatriotic things you can do. Had this been done to GWB, he'd be so outraged at the "decline of morals in society" he couldnt catch his breathe.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I fail to see why there should be ány commotion about this.

"Expression of free speech&thought" and all that.

I'm just glad that this kind of odd stuff is allowed&protected. Try it in Iran with a Amiblabla-bobblehead.
You'd be a national spectacle -involving a village-square, some rope, and a large crane- in no-time short.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

lol, so all "modern art" artists are leftists?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Because left wing and right wing ideology exists. A communist is much different than a capitalist. Both parties in the US are capitalist, and exist to exploit people. There is only a right wing and center right in this country.

I don't get how people equate saying there isn't a two party system in the USA to saying there is no difference between left and right ideologies. That is two totally different concepts.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

Both ideologies have as their goal totalitarianism, so yeah, they are the same. Far left, far right...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Far left is anarchism, so no.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
He is trying to mock far-left-wing art that considers peeing and defecating on things to be "art". But this will backfire because peeing on the President is just about one of the most unconservative and unpatriotic things you can do. Had this been done to GWB, he'd be so outraged at the "decline of morals in society" he couldnt catch his breathe.

With all due respect, this stems from the artwork depicting Obama as a crucified Jesus figure. It is not so much against the office of president as it is a protest of the deification of Obama.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Here's one of my favorite pics! It sums up perfectly my opinion of politcal party affiliations.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

With all due respect, this stems from the artwork depicting Obama as a crucified Jesus figure. It is not so much against the office of president as it is a protest of the deification of Obama.

Except, the painting is not about deification. The art is meant to show that Obama has been rhetorically crucified by the right. Which may or may not be true, but in no way is the painting meant to be religious in nature.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dutchmilpo
I fail to see why there should be ány commotion about this.

Well, if Beck wasn't such an idiot and this shtick of his was actually funny, you'd probably see a different reaction. Let's just say - leave the comedy to the Stewarts and Colberts of the world. What is it about right-wingers that makes them so unfunny?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by beezzer

Except, the painting is not about deification. The art is meant to show that Obama has been rhetorically crucified by the right. Which may or may not be true, but in no way is the painting meant to be religious in nature.

Oh please! The name of the painting could be called "The Passion Of The Obama"!!!

Are you honestly going to sit there and say that a depiction of a crucifiction has no religious overtones???

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Obama wearing a crown of thorns.

Yeah, no religious tones here.

Shouldn't this also be a violation of "church and state"?
edit on 30-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The artists commentary on the Obama painting;

Painted on a 30-by-54 canvas, the depiction "was inspired by watching conflicting reports on the same issues on the different cable newscasts and the effect on their viewers." D'Antuno said. "Peoples' perceptions of the issues seem to get distorted though their political lenses. People have had drastically different interpretations from this painting. What you see in this painting will be a reflection of your own partisan view and that is precisely the point."

www.idesigntimes.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by beezzer

The artists commentary on the Obama painting;

Painted on a 30-by-54 canvas, the depiction "was inspired by watching conflicting reports on the same issues on the different cable newscasts and the effect on their viewers." D'Antuno said. "Peoples' perceptions of the issues seem to get distorted though their political lenses. People have had drastically different interpretations from this painting. What you see in this painting will be a reflection of your own partisan view and that is precisely the point."

www.idesigntimes.com...

Hmmm, interesting.

I saw it as an insult to Christ and chistianity. I saw the deification of a political leader.

I could punch someone in the nose and call it "New Age-Free Expression Dance".

To the person I punched, however, it's still a bloody nose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join