It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine rejoices after recognition

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
About damn time that the UN grow some ballz

Now the zionist regime in Israel will no more have the green killing / settlement card

the palestinians people can now live with more freedom in their own land

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Not on old maps, either.

Take a look at the map in the source i posted and tell me what you see.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm glad my country voted for Palestine. With no state having a veto power, we can finally see how the rest of the world views the conflict.

Disappointed about Canada's no vote, had expected more from Canada as I think it's a great country with awesome people. Still think this government's (Canada) vote does not reflect the sentiments of the Canadians and is decided by the government of Canada. I feel this because I have been going through many different social media platforms and forums and several Canadians have shared their sentiments and also lot of non-Canadians sharing their disappointment over Canada's vote.

The vote from United States and Israel was expected so nothing new there. Nobody expected USA to vote different we all know AIPAC got them by the balls for decades now.

Found tidbit of information about countries that voted no, not sure how accurate the info is:

Micronesia: Financial assistance from the U.S. is the primary source of revenue, with the U.S. pledged to spend $1.3 billion in the islands in 1986–2001.

Palau: The government is the major employer of the work force, relying heavily on financial assistance from the US.

Marshall Islands: United States government assistance is the mainstay of the economy.
Under the terms of the Amended Compact of Free Association, the U.S. will provide US$57.7 million per year to the Marshall Islands (RMI) through 2013, and then US$62.7 million through 2023, ...

Nauru is heavily dependent on Australia as its major source of financial support. In 2001 Nauru signed an agreement with Australia to accommodate asylum seekers (mostly from Iraq and Afghanistan) on the island, in return for millions of dollars in aid.

To put things in perspective, here are the population figures for four of the "countries" that voted against.

Nauru - 9,378
Palau - 20,956
Micronesia - 111,000
Marshall Islands - 68,000

Here's a map showing which countries have voted. The map shows immense support for Palestine allover the world, I think I'll let the map speak (or in this case display) for itself

Source: See who voted for Palestine

In the end just want to say Congrat's Palestine!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Does this mean they can make war offical now? Can we talk to them when we see them on the streets now? Its all just words and will hardly matter.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb

Palestine's bid for recognition sucessful

www.nzherald.co.nz

The UN General Assembly has voted overwhelmingly to recognise Palestine as a non-member state, giving a major diplomatic triumph to president Mahmud Abbas despite fierce opposition from the United States and Israel.

The 193-member assembly voted 138-9 with 41 abstentions for the resolution which enables the Palestinians to join UN agencies and sign international treaties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 29/11/12 by argentus because: Changed headline to reflect that of the source

edit on Thu Nov 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: source title

I am glad for them as well, especially those who haven't lost hope for peace and faith in humanity. Especially those who want to broker a peace and exist with and among their neighbors in the region. I think a thread with this title should include some pictures with the original post, on the front page, at least I appreciate them. Including pictures definitely increases your thread appeal and viewer response, pro or con, and you can always find something. I grabbed this picture from the story...copy, paint, edit, paste, edit, save as jpg, tools, upload, copy, paste and voila!

I love this guys peace signs. They are worth 1000 words.

Rejoicing is something better seen than explained and I was hoping to see Palestinians rejoice because as a westerner I am not privy to that picture (and prerequisite reality) as often as I should. S&F!

edit on 30-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
So the Palestinians are now recognized as a state, but because of their rocket bombardment they were denied U.N. membership. Sounds bout right.

Then by all rights Israel should be thrown out of the UN. Because they are committing crimes against humanity on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by loOranks
Wondering when the UN will request some explanations to the 'Palestinians' on these...

Hamas Interior Minister Fathi Hammad Vows to Liberate Cities in Israel, Including Jerusalem, Haifa, Jaffa, Akko, Lod, and Ramle
www.memri.org...

PA Mufti of Jerusalem Muhammad Hussein: The Muslims Will Kill the Jews before Judgment Day
www.memri.org...

Young Children of Hamas Member Muhammad Al-Homs, Killed with Ahmad Jaabari: We Want to Be Martyred Like Our Dad
www.memri.org...

War Song on Palestinian Websites: "Strike a Blow at Tel Aviv"
www.memri.org...

Hamas MP Marwan Abu Ras: The Jews Are Behind Every Catastrophe on Earth
www.memri.org...

Egyptian Cleric Sallah Sultan: People Worldwide "Thirst for the Blood of the Jews"
www.memri.org...

Lebanese Cleric Amin Al-Kurdi: The Liberation of Jerusalem and Palestine in Its Entirety Is a Done Deal; Palestinians Are Talking about "the Liberation of Andalusia"
www.memri.org...

Hamas Preacher from Khan Yunis, Gaza: Al-Aqsa Cannot Remain under the Control of "Apes and Pigs," "Asses Carrying Books," and "Panting Dogs"
www.memri.org...

www.memri.org...

Memri is nothing more than a Israeli propaganda site. It was founded and is run by ex-israeli intelligence agents. They are known for mistranslating speeches for their own ends.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yes, let's take a closer look at the post and let's start with checking the source.

Congratulations, Palestine.

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

Balfour Declaration

source

Yet every day, Palestinians attack Israel, and state that they want the destruction of that nation, and the death of every Jewish person. Flowery political statements don't erase the reality of all the hate towards the nation of Israel. Plus, there is still no nation of Palestine. Not on old maps, either.

Do you know how to use a search engine or even read a history book? No old maps huh?

How about a passport from the nation that doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by TheHammer22

So , you are saying that Turkey and Iraq are being pressured into giving the Kurds a homeland ? For some reason I don't see anyone caring enough to push the Kurdish state issue . And truth be tole , the only reason any of these Arab states give a dam about the Palistinians is because of the Jews .

Another little secret I will let out , if Israel ever does fall ,the Arabs will not let the Palestinians rule over Jerusalem.

It's the Arab states that are harboring the refugees from Palestine. If it wasn't for the mass immigration of Jews into the Area then there would have been no reason for the people to leave.

Why wouldn't the Arabs let the Palestinians rule over Jerusalem? Jerusalem was the capital of Palestine.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

People who claim israel is stealing palestinian land are nuts. PALESTINE NEVER OFFICIALLY EXISTED AS A NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh. The old "where's your flag?" argument. A classic.

Perhaps if you used a few more exclamation points, it would be more convincing.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The conflict imo began during world war one because of British and French interests in the Mediteranian sea. It was a major trading route. British empire set out to control it and the west channel. They divided the middle east at that time and the idea became manifested.

Its a money thang.... of course.

People do not own land, this is evident. It is a shame that people do not come before interests and or money.

One day.... we will all wake up from the nightmare.

I feel for the innocent Israelis and Palestinians.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm glad for them but as some have already stated, it won't change what is happening there, not anytime soon anyway.
edit on 30/11/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

The Israelis have no more right to this area than anyone else. Learn to f'ing co-exist. Something greedy selfish racist jews could do with a big lesson in!

Might makes right, it always has and it always will. Might made right when Rome took the land from the jews 2000 years ago and then enslaved the ones they didn't butcher. Might made right when Islam came along and conquered the entire M.E. spanning from Pakistan to Morocco, conquering the Byzantine empire in the process. Might made right in the Crusades, the Napoleanic Wars, the Civil War, WWI, WWII, U.S.S.R. and it's landgrab etc. Not a damn thing has changed. People who are stronger, will take it from the weaker. This is the way of man, the strong survive and perish the weak. No one has a right to anything beyond what they can take with their own power. Nothing has changed except we have modern technology now, but it's still the same damned system from hundreds or even thousands of years ago, given a facelift as modern governments. Civilizations rise and fall all the time it's a historical fact and it still happens.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So I suppose here is the lesson to learn from this:

If you don't get your way, throw a tantrum. Acquire terrorist leaders. Randomly kill innocent people.

Then you will eventually get your way.

Bravo, world. Bravo!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Okay. But when Israel is destroyed by one well-placed nuke in retalliation for its actions, I somehow doubt that you will be singing this same tune.

Truth is, international consensus makes right. That is the modern-day definition of "might".

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The only people who voted no are the ones who understand how hateful the Islamic world really is.Rest of the world has not learned a thing about how the world works since WW2.
Did you know The West Bank use to be Judea.Muslims stole that as well.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Awesome, at least now we can call it state sponsored terrorism when they lob rockets into Israel. How many Americans will have to die this time around when our government steps in to "keep the peace"? I doubt many of those voting for statehood at the UN will step up to handle it.

More appeasement, more war, more money going to the corporate military industrial complex.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Way to vote no Canada, you make me sick!

Harper is destroying this country bit by bit. Harper and his band of terrible MP's get to GTFO of our country.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
There's a few threads on this.

Here is a photo of the breakdown:

im sure australia would have voted no as well if it had the chance lol. up USA ass like a sniffer dog.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thrustbucket

If you don't get your way, throw a tantrum. Acquire terrorist leaders. Randomly kill innocent people.

Yes, your sentence perfectly encapsulates Israel.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join