It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers should prepare for this now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have spoken to a number of people who have been getting the family ready for a major event, I know that we are often told the sun will blow up, as it has done every 11 or so years since it was made, but now our lives depend so much on electric power, phones, radio, TV then if the sun does blow on earth it could make major problems, plus riots for water, food etc.
If you think it wont ' have any effect on you, then read the link below.

www.pakalertpress.com... zz2dbfk889h/

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
But then I wouldn't be able to take photos of my food from my mobile phone then post them on facebook...

How will life ever go on?

edit on 29-11-2012 by homeslice because: Technology has made me terrible at spelling.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
...often told the sun will blow up, as it has done every 11 or so years since it was made

Woah. So, I died four almost five years ago?

The afterlife sucks.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
But then I wouldn't be able to take photos of my food from my mobile phone then post them on facebook...

edit on 29-11-2012 by homeslice because: Technology has made me terrible at spelling.

JibbyJedi liked this post

CX

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Better get prepping for it quick then, as there'd be no ATS to ask questions when it happens.

I loved the book One Second After, that was an EMP that fried everything, but the effects are the same i guess.

So make a list and work through it.....what would YOU struggle with losing if there was no electric, and how can you combat each obstacle?

Heating.

Light.

Refrigeration.

Medical needs (meds and care machines)

Comms

Vehicles

Machines that you are used to. (DIY, farming etc)

Computers.

Entertainment.

Lots to think about.

CX.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

Woah. So, I died four almost five years ago?

The afterlife sucks.

Apparently you have never heard of the Carrington Flare

That was in 1859! Imagine in todays society if our whole power grid went down...........

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I am familiar with this occurrence, but I am not understanding what "the sun blowing up every 11 years" quite means. Unless the OP is referring to cyclical solar minimums and maximums?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

I figured out how to get my tweets out once this happened.

new topics

top topics

join