It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Stone Vases-The Smoking Gun In The Advanced Technology Debate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They used acids.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Hanslune

They wouldn't have been aware of the technology used to create the pyramid and sphinx if they merely found and adopted them.
edit on 30-11-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

But they were smart enough to get into the inner most parts of the pyramids and leave their writing, besides the C-14 dates, etc. It's a nice theory but falls apart based on that and the clincher is a lack of evidence for this other culture....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by VeritasAequitas

The day we replicate the things they did with the technology we said they used will be the day I finally acquiesce on this subject. I have not seen any publicized accounts of people creating the same artifacts in today's time, or replicating the sphinx and pyramids, etc. it's one thig to hypothesize how it was done, and an entirely other thing to actually do it yourself.

Please offer up a prize of 250,000 $ for the first person to recreate a stone vase using the methods AE used and 1 billion or two for building a pyramid - however they won't be able to get insurance so you'll have to kill off a whole bunch of third world workers - not very PC friend

I would point out that we cannot built a WWI battlecruiser, like the SMS Von der Tann, these day - so I guess that means they were built by aliens? Why? Because we have gone beyond that technology and to replicate this obsolete technology has no point.....and would be very expensive and take - in the case of the AE skills a long time to master

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

The day we replicate the things they did with the technology we said they used will be the day I finally acquiesce on this subject. I have not seen any publicized accounts of people creating the same artifacts in today's time, or replicating the sphinx and pyramids, etc. it's one thig to hypothesize how it was done, and an entirely other thing to actually do it yourself.

I feel the same way about flint arrowheads.

Nobody makes arrows with flint heads these days. Ergo - aliens.

Harte

Well archaeologist do recreate, i use to be able to make a fair natufian style point, guys like crabtree, etc re-learned the art but it was only recently that skill levels have reached that of the greatest Meso-american flint knappers or so I've been told!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942

Originally posted by Hanslune
Not for working the harder stone, for that they used even harder stones and grit, as noted in the links above and but Petrie himself.

Indeed, that was a reply to a member that posted they used Iron in the Early Dynastic Period.

I think it is very well known they used stone as well for their techniques. In fact I mention that in my first posts.

Remember, I am saying these vases MAY be from a earlier time.

Until scientists can date stone, carbon dating is not very accurate when it comes to telling us who lived where. It is like finding a bunch of trash and saying "Yep, this trash must be from these people. There is no way that anyone could of been here before them." They get the dates they are expecting, then push out all other theories.

When you find x in levels associated with Y and never find X outside of that range, AND the Z & W levels are barren of X - that's a pretty good indicator that they date to Y.....and we're not talking about a few items we are talking about thousands of items

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I appreciate the sarcasm, however I never concluded it was aliens. Merely suggested that tools or methods which we do not acknowledge may hve been used. Possibly acoustic levitation using mantras and chanting of workers, with alchemy possibly augmenting it through combined effects of oils, incense, combined elements etc in building the Great Pyramid.

What I am saying is that until we actually accomplish ourselves what we said they did; all of our 'how's' on how they did it are merely conjectures.

Then why do the AE picture their workers using hammer stones and chisels? Why do we find those tools? Why do discarded pieces and finished pieces show evidence of such use? As noted above if some artists spends a few days using AE/and other ancient civilizations technology to drill a hole thru a granite bead will you believe them?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

First off, well put together OP, and very thought provoking thread! It was well written and you supplied links, and sources for research. Now when it boils down to it you ask.

I am not saying that the AEs did not posses the technology. I am asking why mainstream archaeology says they did not. The workmanship needed would require materials we are told they did not use or have.

This is the infamous turd in the punch bowl for the mainstream. If MS archaeology comes out with full truths, it would turn history, and all written texts in the last 100 years or so on its head!
Sadly as it is. Most people are content with the whole Ancient Alien system. On how these people could not have done all this by themselves.
I think that is a wash, and discredits these people for all the wonders they where able to acomplish.
Right now we are told they only used simple copper tools, and where very low on the end of tech. Yeah to our standards of using computers. But I think they where advanced in many ways, better suited to live in the world than we are today! They lived within a more balanced system, that worked within Earths Balancing system. Where today, we are totaly out of balance with the Earth, and it shows. And will keep showing until the whole grid and system comes crashing down.

Sure they told us they did not have the tools required, but then look at all the wonders there.. There is the proof!
The proof is staring them in the face!
And yet some people jump ship, and claim aliens. The more well rounded ones stratch their heads, but know deep down what is going. They just can not go aginst the status quo out of fear for losing their jobs.

That is how most people of science are manipulated. You tell it our way.. Or you lose your job, lose out on all that hard work and school you put in. Just that thought alone, will make any man or woman, "play ball."

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by mcx1942

This is the infamous turd in the punch bowl for the mainstream. If MS archaeology comes out with full truths, it would turn history, and all written texts in the last 100 years or so on its head!

In case you haven't noted but the 'written texts' have all been re-written

Sure they told us they did not have the tools required, but then look at all the wonders there.. There is the proof! The proof is staring them in the face!

Yes it is and that proof is that they used stones, bronze and copper and craftsmanship, clever folks those AE and all the other ancient civilizations that also worked hard stone - did they too have advanced technology? Question for the OP how many ancient civilizations worked hard stone? Did they do so using advanced technology?

That is how most people of science are manipulated. You tell it our way.. Or you lose your job, lose out on all that hard work and school you put in. Just that thought alone, will make any man or woman, "play ball."

Then why are rewards given to those who find new things? What about the independent researchers? What about the fringe and alternative institutes - they don't follow the above.....lol

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thank you all for posting.

I just wanted to post some more pictures of these amazing stone vases.
The precision around the vase's necks is astounding to me.

edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: pic add

edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: ditto

edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: ditto

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I didn't say they were aliens friend! Merely stating that we conjecture a lot on how they did things without acting upon those conjectures to prove that is in fact how they did so. There could be millions and billions of plausible explanations for screwing a light bulb, but only one will be proven. Might have been a bit of a bad analogy due to lightbulbs being subject to personal liking on how to screw in. However, you get the point.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Yes we do all agree on their being wonderful pieces. As you liked the rim here is a link to determining when they were made based on their rim design

Those rims

The rims tended like many other things to change a bit over time - chasing fashion as it were

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, of course they did use tools that were found. However who is to say that those tools were used on everything we said they did? It would be akined to digging up a hammer in a nearby city, and then saying this hammer built everything in this city. Sure it might have been used to hammer nails and as a lever, additional applications, but you shouldn't attribute all of the work to the tools you find. What about the ones you don't find? Does that mean they do not exist? If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I didn't say they were aliens friend! Merely stating that we conjecture a lot on how they did things without acting upon those conjectures to prove that is in fact how they did so. There could be millions and billions of plausible explanations for screwing a light bulb, but only one will be proven. Might have been a bit of a bad analogy due to lightbulbs being subject to personal liking on how to screw in. However, you get the point.

If you need that level of proof then you'll have to pay for it, just like ACRE did to try and prove Cayce right they paid for the original C-14 dating sequence. Why would an artist or archaeologist spend years to 'prove' something that is already accepted?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Why would a religious person take the time to prove the existence of God, when it had been accepted for thousands of years that he is real?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
we don't know about the ancients..

You're using the wrong noun there.

Harte

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Harte

I feel the same way about flint arrowheads.

Nobody makes arrows with flint heads these days. Ergo - aliens.

Harte

Well archaeologist do recreate, i use to be able to make a fair natufian style point, guys like crabtree, etc re-learned the art but it was only recently that skill levels have reached that of the greatest Meso-american flint knappers or so I've been told!

Yeah, well, tie it to a decent arrow shaft with some good fletching and we'll talk.

harte

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Oh, so you were being serious. I apologize for misinterpreting your sincerity with sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I wanted to add one idea to your search of ancient stone carving methods. I just grabbed a random pic from the web. Tidal zones use wave action to bore holes in rock. Like a natural lapidary, small stones and sand fill a depression in a rock and the constant wave cycle "wears" a nice neat hole in the rock. Could ancients have seen this process at work and harnessed it to "make" bowls or vases?

One could find a piec of hard stone that already had the beginnings of a depression and then place sand and pebbles in the hole, set it in the wave zone and wait for... these people had a lot of time on their hands, right?

I suppose a rock could then be shaped around the hole and wala... a bowl.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's the technique but they tended to use grit, quartz sand and emery - I mean they had to do something.

There are two issues with the AE and other civilizations who worked with hard stone

1.) could it be done, yes there is no doubt, you can demonstrate that to yourself in your home

2.) can we replicate it to the same high artistic standard using the methods noted in point 1? Not to my knowledge because we don't have craftsmen willing to devote their lives to this skill nor to put in the time to do so. Now to use that as a reason to think it was aliens or advanced humans using power tools is like declaring since we cannot paint as well as the renaissance masters, despite knowing the techniques, this must mean it was done by aliens or advanced humans

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Now to use that as a reason to think it was aliens or advanced humans using power tools is like declaring since we cannot paint as well as the renaissance masters, despite knowing the techniques, this must mean it was done by aliens or advanced humans.

No argument from me there dude. I love your scientific methods, you have helped me to understand a lot about how the ancients did what they did. I don't think it was aliens that fashioned rock whatever either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join