It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Stone Vases-The Smoking Gun In The Advanced Technology Debate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
The wheel had not yet been invented

FAIL

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sorry that was rude of me.

Watch this, it has a brilliant piece on how the stones were (easily!!) cut just using sand.

Don't forget, we already know the Egyptians had 600,000 slaves cause Moses recorded it in Numbers.

That's a lot of labour!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Sorry to be a pain and throw a spanner into the works but you do realise that Diorite can be used to carve / bash all of those rock types? And even Diorite has a mineral enemy - i think it is Dolorite but when i have checked i will update.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Another_Nut
reply to post by repeatoffender

agreed . If my boss asks me for a bowl and I say "ok see you in a few months or a year or so. O and im gonna need to be supported during that time. You know food clothing shelter tools." I would be laughed at. And im pretty sure the pharaoh had a bigger god complex than my boss(though by how much I dont know).

But to say the ancient craftsmen had "all the time in the world" is a bit silly. They would be under constant pressure to get things done. Just like today.

But at that time the standard or norm was a known slow production of a specific luxury product - look at modern hand carved Chinese ivory puzzle balls

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I am not an archaeologist but I am pretty sure they are at an agreement that copper was the main choice for tools in the Early Dynastic Period that these vases are from.

Not for working the harder stone, for that they used even harder stones and grit, as noted in the links above and but Petrie himself. You may wish to look at his later work, 'The arts and crafts of the ancient Egyptians', 1907. He published that after a decades long discussion with another gentlemen whose name escapes me - look at page 69-73, the link is below

Petrie's later work

We have no way to truly date stone, so these vases may even be remnants from an older civilization.

But we can date other things, organic remains, obsidian tools and pottery - which has showed us who was around and about in the neolithic Nile valley, no mysterious other 'advanced' culture has been found so far - also look back at my original links it shows the dates of when the vases were made based on their dating by context and P & P

Another study of use of abrasives for stone vase manufactury

Another link with details on AE tube boring

The change from stone to copper drill bits in Mesopotamia

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Can someone explain me this...
If you look at the sculptures, they are done by absolute master artists but if you look at their drawings, they look they are drawn by a 8 year old

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Great thread , AE were truly amazing people . There is no doubt imho that they were using advanced tech to carve the face of the Sphinx .

probably watched this documentary over 100 times now , the bit that blows me away each time i watch it is when they show you The Sphinx face and its precision . fast forward to 28 mins

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by drneville
Can someone explain me this...
If you look at the sculptures, they are done by absolute master artists but if you look at their drawings, they look they are drawn by a 8 year old

They were following a strict religious based artistic tradition or so it is thought

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84

probably watched this documentary over 100 times now , the bit that blows me away each time i watch it is when they show you The Sphinx face and its precision . fast forward to 28 mins

...again where is this high technology, why didn't the AE note this, use it in other fields or more amazing why is there no sign of it in the archaeological record - while at the same time the record holds the information about the tools which they did use and noted using
edit on 30/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There....is a stelle unfinished, in one quarry (looks like the Wahington monument) and is about similar size....
It is cut into the stone with three sides finished, but the pointed top broke in the carving, so it was abandoned un finished.....
It is still laying in the rock its made from, the underside still attached to the earth.....a one piece hundreds of tons of stone.
The broken top apears as if too much pressure was applied to the tool and the rock cracked at a weak point.
Now if you can explain how they cut the three sides out, and how they planned to lift this huge one piece stone monument out of the hole, with the available "tools" I would be very amazed......
The AEs obviously did not have the ability to do this with their copper tools.
Perhaps, if we could duplicate the work, even with all our technology, the copper tool theory may have some merrit.
Otherwise, we are surely looking at this with blinders on......
One idea i did have was water pressure and sand to sculpt or polish like a sand blaster for fine etchings does.....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

They wouldn't have been aware of the technology used to create the pyramid and sphinx if they merely found and adopted them.
edit on 30-11-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

The day we replicate the things they did with the technology we said they used will be the day I finally acquiesce on this subject. I have not seen any publicized accounts of people creating the same artifacts in today's time, or replicating the sphinx and pyramids, etc. it's one thig to hypothesize how it was done, and an entirely other thing to actually do it yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Are you honestly proposing that they used a chisel and a stone mallet to carve and shape they Sphinx ?
Truly remarkable craftsmanship if the case .

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
There....is a stelle unfinished, in one quarry (looks like the Wahington monument) and is about similar size....
It is cut into the stone with three sides finished, but the pointed top broke in the carving, so it was abandoned un finished.....
It is still laying in the rock its made from, the underside still attached to the earth.....a one piece hundreds of tons of stone.
The broken top apears as if too much pressure was applied to the tool and the rock cracked at a weak point.
Now if you can explain how they cut the three sides out, and how they planned to lift this huge one piece stone monument out of the hole, with the available "tools" I would be very amazed......

You give the appearance of being somewhat interested in Egyptian stoneworking techniques.

However, that cannot possibly be so, because how they carved out the unfinished obelisk is quite well known and proven beyond any reasonable doubt. If you were actually interested, you would obviously know by now how it was done, as it is no secret and is easy to tell by the marks they left on the unfinished surfaces.

In fact, the topic has come up in at least two different posts in the last week (IIRC) and has been addressed both times.

Do you not come to this section of the forum very often?

Harte

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

The day we replicate the things they did with the technology we said they used will be the day I finally acquiesce on this subject. I have not seen any publicized accounts of people creating the same artifacts in today's time, or replicating the sphinx and pyramids, etc. it's one thig to hypothesize how it was done, and an entirely other thing to actually do it yourself.

I feel the same way about flint arrowheads.

Nobody makes arrows with flint heads these days. Ergo - aliens.

Harte
edit on 11/30/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Originally posted by Beavers
FAIL

The wheel was not in Egypt until around 2,000 BC. Some believe more like 1,700 BC.

These stone vases are from before 2,800 BC.

Please show me information showing the wheel being in Egypt before 2,800.
edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: add quotes

edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: ditto

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Beavers

Originally posted by Beavers
FAIL

The wheel was not in Egypt until around 2,000 BC. Some believe more like 1,700 BC.

These stone vases are from before 2,800 BC.

Please show me information showing the wheel being in Egypt before 2,800.

I'm with you on the wheel, but there's a difference between a wheel used for locomotion and other kinds, like a potter's wheel for instance.

There's no evidence beyond the extant stone vessels for such a wheel, and a wheel isn't really necessary even for those, but just sayin'

I mean, when scholars state when the wheel came to Egypt, they're talking about wheeled vehicles/carts etc.

Harte

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Not for working the harder stone, for that they used even harder stones and grit, as noted in the links above and but Petrie himself.

Indeed, that was a reply to a member that posted they used Iron in the Early Dynastic Period.

I think it is very well known they used stone as well for their techniques. In fact I mention that in my first posts.

Remember, I am saying these vases MAY be from an earlier time.

Until scientists can date stone, carbon dating is not very accurate when it comes to telling us who lived where. It is like finding a bunch of trash and saying "Yep, this trash must be from these people. There is no way that anyone could of been here before them." They get the dates they are expecting, then push out all other theories.

edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: added quote poster

edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: ditto

edit on 11/30/2012 by mcx1942 because: tunred a to an

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I appreciate the sarcasm, however I never concluded it was aliens. Merely suggested that tools or methods which we do not acknowledge may hve been used. Possibly acoustic levitation using mantras and chanting of workers, with alchemy possibly augmenting it through combined effects of oils, incense, combined elements etc in building the Great Pyramid.

What I am saying is that until we actually accomplish ourselves what we said they did; all of our 'how's' on how they did it are merely conjectures.
edit on 30-11-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Nowadays, we are the fools to believe that they didn't have advanced technology of some sort. There is so much we don't know about the ancients..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join