It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's first gay-friendly mosque set to open

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Many say there is something like 10% of people are gay, this is a myth, it's more like 2%.

I had to comment on this
My personal opinion ... its more like %25 of people are gay. Not to mention I believe %99 of the population has gay tendencies, it's natural. Some more so than others.

I'm glad we have these bean counters around to tell us what we are by the numbers.

First it's 10%. Crikey. that's 1 in every 10 people. So if you know 10 people you're likely gay!

Then it's 2%. Strewth. That's harder to detect. We'll have to assume this one is a guess. Personally, I don't know a diverse enough subset of all people to be able to know if it is a set ratio of people that ascribe to being homosexual whom I've encountered, OR if it's just the circle of life that has kept me in this routine situation. Unpossible to determine. I think it's just how the cookie crumbled.

But now it's 25% and stone the flamin' crows, thats 1 in 4. Your Mum, Dad and only sister are all GAY and you're the only one left. How does this happen, people just forget? Thank goodness we're aware of it, you never know, it might be YOU!

Personally, it matters not where you put your junk. It's where you put your heart.

Now I wonder if and when this mosque is blown up by fundies, will all the usual suspects appear to lay blame on the CIA, with the false flags and the agenda and the constant plotting and planning oy vey..

An agenda to make the religion of islam look barbaric and intolerant. Indeeeed.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i guess they will also serve halal pork and wine after prayers!!!
Jokes apart, whats the need of a "Gay" mosque?? A "gay" can go to a regular mosque like any other "guy"
why he has to display his sexual preference if his intention is to just go and pray?
The so called progressive mosques are just a gimmick by people who want to please their liberal masters and secular masses with whom they have got used to live yet feel ashamed of the "backwardness" of their religion.
The segregation of sex in a mosque is not a discrimination too, its just a reasonable way to pray to God without distractions. And any guy would attest to the fact that they would concentrate much more on God if they dint had a girl bending down right infront of them!!
A religion is a becon that is rooted and has a standard to guide people, if the becon moves and bends to the desires of the masses its no more a guide.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

i guess they will also serve halal pork and wine after prayers!!!
Jokes apart, whats the need of a "Gay" mosque?? A "gay" can go to a regular mosque like any other "guy"
why he has to display his sexual preference if his intention is to just go and pray?
The so called progressive mosques are just a gimmick by people who want to please their liberal masters and secular masses with whom they have got used to live yet feel ashamed of the "backwardness" of their religion.
The segregation of sex in a mosque is not a discrimination too, its just a reasonable way to pray to God without distractions. And any guy would attest to the fact that they would concentrate much more on God if they dint had a girl bending down right infront of them!!
A religion is a becon that is rooted and has a standard to guide people, if the becon moves and bends to the desires of the masses its no more a guide.

All excellent points.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The mosque is in Europe, that explains it all.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Yes! Isn't it great! What wonderful news!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Any news of a gay Christian church in Saudi Arabia yet?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A 'gay friendly' Mosque???
Considering how gay people are treated in the Islamic world ... I wish the Mosque well.
I have a feeling it won't go over well with those idiot IMAMS who issue fatwas ....

Hey .. how about a WOMAN FRIENDLY mosque?
Or is that so against the grain for Islam that it is beyond hope??

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hey .. how about a WOMAN FRIENDLY mosque?

Women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
-1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Never mind, its not like Christians do what the bible tells them to do anyway.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Perfect example of crap that spewed over from the Old Testament into the New Testament. It's another reason why I don't give much weight to the bible outside of the four gospels. Those other parts of the bible have too much ... gooo ... in them.

Gay-Friendly Mosque =

I hope they can stay safe ....
I hope they can be a good example of tolerance to the rest of the muslim world.
Maybe some will spread over to other aspects .. like rooting out the misogyny.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join