It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City: Violence Free For 24 Hours (Recent memory record)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ladies and gentlemen, a big round of applause for 'The Big Apple'... 'The City That Never Sleeps'... 'The City So Nice, They Named It Twice'... New York City. This week, it pulled off something incredible... something that was thought to be impossible in a city of 8 million people. For 24 hours, New York City was completely violence free.

According to police, this past Monday, there wasn't a single report of a person being shot, stabbed, mugged or subjected to violent crime. The chief spokesperson for the NYPD Paul Browne said it was the "first time in memory" things were so quiet for a day.

www.cbc.ca...

Great news! I always wanted to go to New York City, ever since I was a kid and saw Home Alone Two. As I got older and got involved more into National news and browsing the web, I was always worried about getting mugged (which I know now, even if its a possibility, chances are low overall)

Big ups New York! Must be because crazed criminals are not all hopped up on 24oz's of Soda.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was going to point out that even evil needs a day off every now and then . Then I saw that last line ; maybe there is something to that overdosing on soda thing .

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

there wasn't a single report of a person

the authors of your source article are idiots - to put it bluntly - absence of evidence , is not evidence of absence

or to put it in context - just because no one heard the screams - doesnt mean that no one was assaulted

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I'm sure someone got their arse kicked.

Why would someone call the police? Its bad enough to get jumped, why risk getting shot?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
according to these two articles by Amitakh Stanford, there is supposed to be a total alien mind controll programming for New York city.
she says the date initially was the 12th of december but could be changed due to circumstances.

had to make tiny url's to post them ... go to preview page then click link!

preview.tinyurl.com...

preview.tinyurl.com...

thanks for keepin' an eye out for new york !!

top topics

join