Proper way to repost a thread?

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So, I posted a thread I felt was very important in the Social Issues and Civil Unrest Forum. For some weird reason, it did not show up in the New Topics live headlines or the New Topics fire hose (and still doesn't). So I doubt it was seen by anyone and noone has posted a comment on it, even though it was a serious topic.

What is the proper way or the proper ATS etiquette to bring the post back up again so people will see it? I don't think it is as simple as reposting the entire thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Usually the best way is to add more content or opinion in the form of another post.

What's look down upon is just bumping a thread by adding bump or just " seriously nobody wants to tlak about this" kind of remarks.'

In this case, because your thread did not show up in the new topics section, I bumped it to the top of recent posts page.

But in general, adding new content is always the right way to go.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Can you move the post to "Political Issues"? It appears that this forum shows up on the New Topics page, but "Social Issues" do not.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jburg6
For some weird reason, it did not show up in the New Topics live headlines or the New Topics fire hose (and still doesn't). So I doubt it was seen by anyone and noone has posted a comment on it,

You musn't underestimate the number of people, like me, who use "Recent Posts" as their main base. All of us would have seen it, whether it was on "New topics" or not.

If you have new information that wasn't in the OP, adding it will bring the thread back to the "Recent posts" page.
edit on 29-11-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum