It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. overseeing mysterious construction project in Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to supervise construction of a five-story underground facility for an Israel Defense Forces complex, oddly named “Site 911,” at an Israeli Air Force base near Tel Aviv.

Expected to take more than two years to build, at a cost of up to $100 million, the facility is to have classrooms on Level 1, an auditorium on Level 3, a laboratory, shock-resistant doors, protection from nonionizing radiation and very tight security. Clearances will be required for all construction workers, guards will be at the fence and barriers will separate it from the rest of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessinsider.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.fbo.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I searched but didn't find anything on this here, if it's here close the thread.

I find it well odd for many reasons, first of all we are about to fall off of a "fiscal cliff" and yet we have money to spend 100 million dollars in Israel? What could the 911 site be? Why does the US have to be involved? I have no idea what it could be used for, but it doesn;t sound good!!

www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You seriously think the U.S. government gives a damn about what it spends YOUR hard earned dollars on?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

LOL No I don't think they care, in fact I know they don't care! I'm just wondering what this could be, and why in Israel?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

It sounds like living quarters during a SHTF scenario. Traditional Jewish homes have a mezuzah at the front door of their home.
From www.businessinsider.com...
"Pincus also found this detailed description of the mezuzahs that will adorn every door in the facility:

These mezuzas, notes the [US Army] Corps, “shall be written in inerasable ink, on . . . uncoated leather parchment” and be handwritten by a scribe “holding a written authorization according to Jewish law.” The writing may be “Ashkenazik or Sepharadik” but “not a mixture” and “must be uniform.”

Also, “The Mezuzahs shall be proof-read by a computer at an authorized institution for Mezuzah inspection, as well as manually proof-read for the form of the letters by a proof-reader authorized by the Chief Rabbinate.” The mezuza shall be supplied with an aluminum housing with holes so it can be connected to the door frame or opening. Finally, “All Mezuzahs for the facility shall be affixed by the Base’s Rabbi or his appointed representative and not by the contractor staff.”

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The U.S. wants full control over the middle east and Gaza will be their parking lot for the tanks and stuff

edit on 29-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Its gonna be funny when we fall flat on our ass because were broke and all of the countries that we help out on the regular are going to be like "damn, sucks to be you".

And by funny I mean in the ironic sense. Tis' really not going to be funny at all.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I wonder if theyll build an airport over it to add to the mystery.

That 100 million could be put to better use, I've never been helped by an israeli for it to be ok with me to let them in my pocket.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

oddly named “Site 911,”

sounds like it's an award of sorts for zionist isreal.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Probably just a facility for military R&D. My guess would be that this is part of a deal we brokered with Israel to prevent them from attacking Iranian enrichment facilities. We get exclusive bidding rights and the project is financed by US foreign military aid. We give money to Israel to give back to us getting us a few more jobs and a GDP bump while Israel get a new government facility and we kick the Iranian can down the road just a bit longer and hope something good happens.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Site 911? Deep underground? Secret Labs and hidden things? Well, I have no idea what that could be. I mean I've never heard of such a thing before! I hope they don't do anything with viruses down there.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
why don't we have one of these in every major American city?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well they better HUSTLE if they're going to be down there in time for the seemingly inevitable and soon to come Iranian nuclear strike...

Especially since all of their old bunkers are now home to endangered bats.

Abandoned Israeli army bunkers along the Jordan River are providing a lifeline for bats on the endangered species list, researchers say.

Soldiers left Israel's underground forts along the frontier with Jordan after a 1994 peace treaty between the two countries. With much of the former front line, some of it dotted by mine fields, still designated by the military as off-limits to civilians, bats swooped into the secluded and dark steel caverns.

Several years ago, researchers from Tel Aviv University were granted access to the ghost bunkers. Now, they say, they have identified 12 indigenous bat species in the 100-kilometre- (60 mile)-long tract between the Sea of Galilee in Israel and the Dead Sea's northern edge in the occupied West Bank.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When is the Tower of Babel to be built?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

www.washingtonpost.com

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to supervise construction of a five-story underground facility for an Israel Defense Forces complex, oddly named “Site 911,” at an Israeli Air Force base near Tel Aviv.

Expected to take more than two years to build, at a cost of up to $100 million, the facility is to have classrooms on Level 1, an auditorium on Level 3, a laboratory, shock-resistant doors, protection from nonionizing radiation and very tight security. Clearances will be required for all construction workers, guards will be at the fence and barriers will separate it from the rest of

Related News Links:
www.businessinsider.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.fbo.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

And people thought Obama was saying it wrong when he corrected himself from 70 million to 70 billion....

2nd

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

He was saying it wrong...this project costs a total of 100 million, the US isn't paying for all of it...and even paying for the majority is well within the means of the 3+ billion that was pledged in reality.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I think someone should care may as well start here then I guess.... I think it is a big juicy target for Hamas to waste rockets on trying to destroy an impenetrable bunker thus leaving the rest of Israel relatively free from rockets ,if you want to catch a fish use big bait and present it well never fails....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Why would the US need to be involved in that tho? Is Israel building bunkers here for our people? If we have to be involved why can't we just help them clear out their old bunkers and get the bats out? I think there is more to the story, what can Israel offer the US to make them spend millions of dollars on building them a bunker? Aside from the US controlling the Middle East what could they offer?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I don't support the amount of money the US gives to Israel. It's a generations-old political alliance. For whatever reason we elect people who all agree that Israel should receive an absurd amount of money in aid. Religious ties, regional influence, whatever.

But,

US assistance is what's basically propping Israel up. Without the Iron Dome, a lot more rockets would have killed Israelis this month..that was a US funded project.

I don't know what the solution to all of this is? Would you cut aid to Israel if it meant a Jewish genocide?

There are obvious strategic advantages to continue the status quo, including regional intelligence which may be priceless..but I hate the amount of money being spent on things that could be ideally cut with little detriment.

The entire attitude of the Israeli/American alliance toward Arabs is a big part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I agree with the [poster who called this just another bribe to hold off on the Iran Strike.
(Which is already far too late IMHO,)The iranis very well do have some nukes by now....highly enriched samles were found at Parchin last inspection, but they were too minimal to call.....great clean up job there IRG......
We will most assuredly get return nukes from Iran if we hit them.......
Pakistan could easily have provided them some of theirs by now........
meanwhile the deep underground facility is likely for the airbase personnel and their dependants in case of a shtf scene.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join