It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Promote End of the World, are You Responsible if Someone Kills Themselves?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We sit here and willy nilly pump out many unfounded and refutable end of the world scenarios like feeding candy to the hungry when they need meat. Do we need to stop sometimes and ask ourselves what the outcome of our actions can lead to?

How many times have people killed themselves in anticipation of end of the world scenarios? The Mayan 2012 scenario holds the greatest potential for this as it has a shelf life, an exact day. How many people in anticipation might actually take their lives based on our output and here say?

Do we hold responsibility to more heavily research material, actually put it to the smell test before we run of with our latest theory?

Or do we immaturely ignore the needs of others to satisfy our fifteen minutes in the ATS spotlight.

Talk to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

What about the government and their scare tactics on the Al Qaeda boogie man wanting to kill us all??

If someone commits suicide that is a decision that they make on their own!

The whole premise of this IMO is political correctness gone wild!

No wonder the world is going to hell!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I can't really speak for others, but my honest opinion from a personal perspective is that if someone decides to end their life, they are better off. Seriously, what's the point anymore? Looking at the world, I'm not surprised aliens take a look and then hightail it. We look like chimpanzees flinging high tech poo at each other because we can't be bothered to reconcile our differences for the betterment of future generations.

And really, it's their choice. Who are you to tell them they're wrong? Obviously, they decided this world isn't worth seeing through to the end. I'm not going to argue with that opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I can't really speak for others, but my honest opinion from a personal perspective is that if someone decides to end their life, they are better off. Seriously, what's the point anymore? Looking at the world, I'm not surprised aliens take a look and then hightail it. We look like chimpanzees flinging high tech poo at each other because we can't be bothered to reconcile our differences for the betterment of future generations.

And really, it's their choice. Who are you to tell them they're wrong? Obviously, they decided this world isn't worth seeing through to the end. I'm not going to argue with that opinion.

Exactly. Reconciliation is the only way humanity can move forward. ...but it just ins't going to happen without a catalyst in the form of a spiritual awakening or revolution.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I view the Dec. 21, 2012 fear-mongering information...as a massive bullying technique which preys on many people in the masses.

I personally do not promote the fear and the (what-if) scenarios. As for people becoming so upset that they take their own lives; I feel compassion for them; but I also think that they would eventually try to die; and just find another reason to do so.

Here is a good question and answer article on NASA; which helps to dispel many of the fears surrounding Dec. 21, 2012.

Link: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everyone has their own path to take, but if you're putting out energy that they take in, and they make a decision, you can be Karma-tied to that decision with them. In other words, you may reap what you sow.

I promote that the world will end as we know it, with emphasis that I do not feel we are going anywhere near an apocalyptic end. I don't feel it. I DID feel it not too long ago, but I feel we literally chose a timeline far away from it, and we will not experience it. By we I mean the collective consciousness.

I felt this shift, oddly, during the elections. Not exactly something I was expecting to feel, but there it was. I was so pensive about EOW issues (mostly WW3 or a false-flag that instated Martial Law) that I stacked food, water, and fuel in gross quantities, so I could load up my truck and drive to "safe" land my family owns 1/2 way across the country. I also mapped out roads that I could take if main ones were blocked, and even bought heavy duty off-road tires and such for my truck so I could make it. In other words, I was a big prepper. But shortly after the tension of the elections ceased, I found myself at peace and a new energy could be felt. That energy was an emotion I haven't felt in a long time. It was one that told me the threat of what I thought would happen before just wasn't going to happen now. BUT at least I have a lot of fuel, food, and water to go through nowadays.

As you can probably tell I go by what I feel. Those that are asleep may not do this, and may be heavily affected by what you say or do more than what they should be FEELING. With those folks, I tread lightly and keep my lips shut. They'll wake up in time, but I don't want to push any energy (good or bad) down their throats, ever. If they are awake and aware I feel I can share my feelings more directly and they will handle it the way they want, without issue.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

im sorry, but your title is the stupidest thing ive ever read in my life. If someone kills themselves than they are to blame because they were the one to kill themselves, no one else did it is/was there descision. (face in hand massaging eyes)
edit on 29-11-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Of course because everyones a victim of "something"

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When do humans become self-responsible again? If a waitress in a bar in Ontario serves you alcohol and you're already drunk but she can't tell, she gets into serious trouble if you cause an accident while you drive home. If there are no warning labels on a product that addresses your specific misuse, you can sue the company that made it. "Caution, contents are hot" on food packages that just came out of a kitchen... ~sigh~

Why do people have to answer for another's stupidity? Common sense died, but did responsibility go with it?

Simple answer is no... if someone takes their life because the economy sucks and they're broke are we going to put the bankers in jail...? As much as we'd like to, the answer would still be no.

We shirk self responsibility every day and "pass the buck" to others, then we wonder why we live in a nanny state. We should all put our big boy pants back on and remember that there is no "devil-made-me-do-it" excuse... anything but self responsibility is unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Ok, i would like to play the DA, What about people committing suicide by verbal bullying? the bullies are charged.

Isn't this verbal "bullying"?

Of course believing in this crap is idiotic, but i can't speak for the all paranoid people out there who spends thousands on bunker and foods for this event.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The people who end their lives are the ones who are responsible. I would only think otherwise if the doomsday believers were specifically pressuring them into suicide, because the people who would kill themselves out of fear of something are probably already mentally unstable.

edit on 29-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

i dont agree with people getting charged with murder for verbal bulling, maybe slander and other related charges, but whomever kills themself, is the person responsible for the death, not anyone else.

What i worry about the most is the fact that people are killing themselves because of bullying, kids are getting weaker and weaker. In my day, you either ran, fought, ignored, or confronted a bully, and if you a snitch you ran and told a teacher, but you didn't kill yourself. i think its a lack of guidance and parenting. on both sides, the bully and the victum.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Sadly, those methods are seemingly useless, judging by the stories of victims getting punished while the bully walks free. Telling a teacher is apparently equally ineffective.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just because you don't pull the trigger doesn't mean you can't be held responsible. Imagine if you held a gun to a man's head and told him to shoot himself or you would kill his family. Surely you would be held responsible for his death. Obviously, a line has to be drawn somewhere, but you have to take responsibility for your own actions in life, which may in turn affect the actions of someone else.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Simply no. Only the one who commits the act of suicide is responsible because it took them making a choice to believe it(whatever it is) and then act upon that belief.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

how are these methods useless? they all have a different consequence other than suicide. Suicide is for those that give up and no longer want to be part of this reality. each one of my purposed methods is actively dealing with a problem and participating in reality. kids are weaker and parents are not as invested in there children, its a sad world we live in.

and to the op suicide is only one persons fault.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

There's a difference between direct coercion and talking about the end of the world. In the first scenario, you can see a gun, and the outcomes of the situation are relevant and impossible to dismiss. With the end of the world, however, there is no definitive proof that it is going to happen. There is no "gun." Just conspiracies and ancient prophecies that people are having fun talking about and believing in. It's no one else's responsibility but their own if they choose to listen to it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

Imagine if you held a gun to a man's head and told him to shoot himself or you would kill his family.

if i had a gun to my head and a man was threatening to kill my family if i didn't kill myself, i would try to kill that man anyway possible before i die, cause if he is willing to kill me and threaten my family, than the only way my family is safe is if he is dead. so again if i did shoot myself in the head to "save" my family, it is still my decision. and no one elses, and the wrong desicion if you really love ur familey
edit on 29-11-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Remember that that relaxation always takes place just before the storm hits. Just at that point where the wind shifts and heads in, a super quiet occurs. Then the fury of the storm hits.

That relaxation you feel might be because you know your ready. @012 is not the end of the world, but the economic climate of the U.S. cannot maintain.

Good on you for being ready.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If you post dis-info all over the internet and one day aliens show up. But because you went out of your way to spread disninfo and in a panic millions kill themselves and although you may only effect thousands are you then responsible for there deaths?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join