It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from France

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi guys,

first, please forgive my English mistakes, should I make some: I'm French, so I'm not an English native speaker.
I'll try my best not to make too many, anyway!

I've been lurking on this website for some months now. I'm not what you seem to be calling a "believer"...more of a "skeptic" actually.
But you know...I'm from this generation (70s) born with early videogames, Star Wars and so on...and today, though I have a very serious (and sometimes tedious) job, a real life, with real problems...and real pleasures too, I still love reading Terry Pratchett's books, or going and watch the last sci-fi blockbuster movie.
And I really enjoy dreaming!
ATS has been really entertaining so far, I have to state.

I'm a skeptic, guys. But I'm nonetheless on the "What if...?" side.
But I need proofs, and I'm confident about science, NASA, ESA or whatever. I'm also genuinely curious about "believers", the ones who believe againts all odds. Why? How come? We think differently...but I do hope we can discuss anyway.
I do not feel the urge to convince people that I'm right. To be honest: I do not care...I'm right, and they can be wrong if they like, as far as I'm concerned ;-)
That's a bold statement, but not that far from being what I really think.
I will state what I think, and I will listen, carefully, even argue over what other people have to say. I have no problem in changing my mind, sometimes. Nor do I have any if someone does not think the same way I do...people are different, so what? That's part of the beauty of mankind, in my opinion.

I probably won't start many threads, if any...but I sometimes feel like posting an answer on some. And I thought and introduction would be better, first.

So, here it is!
I hope I will make some ATS friends, why not!
And also...I love English! I really do...so that will be a pleasure just to write in English ;-)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blindIo

bonjour! je m'appel beezzer.

(did I get that right?)

Welcome to a great addiction!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hi Beezzer !

Not quite : "Je m'appelle Beezzer", but that was almost it!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Bonjour Mon Ami!

< Canadian here.. but i havn't taken french after Grade 9.. so yeah
!!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Et bien le bonjour ami canadien :-)
Your country is one I've still had no chance to go...but I would love to visit someday!
Even try and live and work there, someday, that could happen.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blindIo
reply to post by beezzer

Hi Beezzer !

Not quite : "Je m'appelle Beezzer", but that was almost it!

Humble apologies.

Welcome to the site though.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blindIo

Bon soir, mon ami.
Je suis pays de galles.
Enjoy the site!!, Sorry dont know the french for that.

Your very welcome, i love the french and all things french, in fact I would love to live in france

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't think we have many French people here. Glad to have you represent.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Bon Jour

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Welcome to the family, we have folks from all over the globe, and some from off the globe or so they say.
It is all good. Don't eat any of beezer's cookies, and you'll be fine.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blindIo

Welcome blindlo...

I love France for two things - Thierry Henry and Crêpes...

If there is another reason, I'm open minded, so let me know.

Enjoy your time here.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have some ancestors that came from France. Bon Jour!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome :-)
I'm pretty sure I will enjoy my stay :-)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

French women! ;-)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Salut! Bienvenue!
I'm in Ardèche- american by birth, been in France half my life now.
Hope you enjoy the site- I do. Sometimes there's stuff that makes me giggle (and tempts me to mock a little, the way french love to do) and other things that make me go "Hmmm..." and others that inform me (this is the place to check when any big international type news happens, people find the best links and updates, quicker than our news channels here in France).

See you around!!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Hello Bluesma : I know Ardèche very well! My father has a house there, and he spends most of his time there (Les Vans, in the south of Ardèche).
I myself live in Provence (Aix en Provence).

I enjoy this website, there are insightful people, weird entertaining stories, some truth, some lies...but always interesting information.
I love it :-)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blindIo

Ah... I'm not far from Les Vans, we're in Privas! Spending New Years Eve in Aix.
-If the world hasn't ended by then, of course

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Bonjour!

I'm Mblah and I'm one of those believers.

What ideas do you feel most skeptical about?

BTW I have had a love for France since i was little. I have always wanted to visit and never leave. I'm drawn to Nievre for some odd reason.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Welcome!
If you decide you would like an avatar for your profile pic, please join us on the Avatar Creations thread. Just tell us what you'd like and we'll hook you up

top topics

<<   2 >>

join