It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgellon Disease (the disease that will get you labeled crazy and leave you in suffering by the MS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wont make a big OP, as i just stumbled across this video myself, it was quite informative and certainly brought to light a disease i had NEVER heard about

Apparently you are told that you are crazy if you go to a physician and claim to have Morgellon :

Despite the lack of evidence that Morgellons is a novel or distinct condition and the absence of any agreed set of diagnostic symptoms,[6][not in citation given] the Morgellons Research Foundation and self-diagnosed Morgellons patients successfully lobbied members of Congress and the U.S. government's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to investigate the proposed condition.[2][7] The CDC researchers issued the results of their multi-year study in January 2012, indicating that there were no disease organisms present in Morgellons patients, the fibers found were normal clothing fibers, and suggested that patients' sensations were manifestations of "delusional infestation"

Wikipedia

Yet from this video, then it seems clear that it is indeed a real ongoing issue. But Disease may be the wrong classification as there is no parasite.

Have any of you guys done any research on it ? Is it as spread and violent as the video or as mild and non existent as CDC claims?

Namaste.
edit on 29/11/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've seen threads like this get 404'd for some reason. A while ago someone made a great thread on Morgellons and it went away. Strange controversy.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So no one knows anything about this :/ ?

reply to post by UnaChispa

Ill take some screens just in case

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm convinced my mother had this before she passed.

Mom had a stroke many years ago which left her with one of the worst cases of aphasia I'm aware of (her language center was heavily affected). Because her speech was so compromised, it was extremely difficult for her to convey complexities but, I can tell you that her ability to reason was NOT affected. Mom had been a design engineer for Lockheed Martin before the stroke, to give you an idea of what kind of mind she had. Always a very level headed woman... not at all subject to flights of fancy.

There came a time when she started to complain of "bugs" and kept telling everyone she was seeing blue fibers come out of her body. She became obsessed, always picking at things I couldn't see, with tweezers. She would collect said fibers in a match box. For the most part, it just looked like lint to me. There were a couple of times I thought I saw movement in that lint but, the doctors never did.

This was years ago, before the internet was the resource it currently is. The doctors were insistent that she was delusional. After a couple of years of not really being able to see what she was talking about and not being able to find out more about her claims, I believed the doctors. She died with me NOT believing what she was saying.

I've since encountered numerous articles about Morgellans and it is exactly as she described. I find it almost impossible to believe that such a rational woman all of a sudden became delusional in exactly the same manner that hundreds of other people had been. Actually didn't watch the video (as I have seen many) so I don't know if they shared the story of the toddlers that have chronic sores and complain of "bugs". Guess I have a hard time believing that so many people, so removed from one another geographically would all suffer the same delusion.

Not long before she started to complain about the "bugs" she had traveled out of country and suffered congestive heart failure. She was flown back to the states for care and after about a week at the hospital they all of a sudden had her in full quarantine because she had contracted MRSA. I don't know if there is any correlation but I can't help but wonder, given the timing of the onset of her "delusion".

As an aside, I will always feel guilty for not having given my mom more credibility but when you have several doctors saying the same thing...

edit on 29-11-2012 by Scalded Frog because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Morgollons is obviously a real thing, but maybe people should tell a doctor they suspect they have some industrial infection from unknown nano particles instead of saying they think they have morgollons.. Then the doctor won't simply classify them as "one of those" patients..

Instead, maybe they will actually examine and run tests with the patient..

If I had this, and went to the doctor, and the doctor tried to diagnose me with some mental condition when I knew for sure otherwise, then he would be needing a doctor's attention himself...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
People who think they have morgellons need to be tested for small fiber neuropathy.

The bugs under the skin sensation is common in a number of neuropathies and makes it one clue its neurological.

I have small fiber neuropathy with the bugs under the skin sensation so i under stand that part.

There is only one good test for small fiber neuropathy and that is a skin biopsy and very very few doctors ever do it.

I am betting very very ew people with morgellons have ever been tested for small fiber neuropathy.

By the way in one research study of fibromyalgia they found about 60% of people they tested had small fiber neuropathy.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Im sorry to hear about your mother, thank you for sharing though.

I know the pressure of doctors over ruling rationality. I had back surgery 4 years back, where the doctors initially wanted to give me a procedure which would have left me nearly immobile in my upper body, only after i did my own research and INSISTED on getting a different procedure did they comply, and this was the main surgeon and another consultant doctor, who both wanted to give me the big expensive and problematic procedure.

Back on topic though, I cant believe i have not heard of this before, its very disturbing. I wonder what makes one person susceptible and not the next, it cant just be the air we breathe, then it would be much more wide spread, or we would see local pockets of out breaks.

I will most likely be doing some digging today in me free time during work, ill post if i find anything relevant/interesting.

reply to post by ANNED

Im sorry to hear about your condition, but i highly doubt that it small fiber neuropathy can be the cause for Morgellons as it does not explain the fibers growths, rashes and other physical manifestations/symptoms

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
you're going to reject this - because you've just absorbed all the 'horrific' perception version of this phenomena...
but it's of my deep conviction that this is the ascension process....
morgellons syndrome and kundalini syndrome have identical symptoms.

keep an open mind.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
WTF? comon matey, ya cant leave us hang with that tiny post!
Lets hear WTF ascention has to do with this condition a little more clearly......You may have a point but a lot of us dont get it.........

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Moregellons is an interesting condition, not sure if it is real yet even after ive been reading up on it for 6 years now.

But the person who made that video doesn't seem to understand what static electricity is. Synthetic fibers always get attracted to humans. The constant video clips of fibers being attracted to fingers just goes to show the ignorance of the person who put the film together.

In the beginning i thought it was very likely to be a real disease but after years of looking into it im less convinced this is the case now. The CDC cant find any link to any kind of infectious pathology.

I was hoping this video had some new information in it but its the same videos and voice overs that have been in the public domain for several years now. No new info at all.

edit on 1-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

thanks for posting this video i do belive between the food we are eating and things being put in our enviroment we are all getting sick

top topics

join