It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Oklahoma Police Officer Uses Taser on Handcuffed Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just suppose that it was an Iranian woman.

What the people would say ?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I hope a jack booth thug # like that "teaches you some manners" and then you might finally realize that a large percentage of LEO's are power hungry rejects who relish in the abuse of others and they are driven by their ego and sense of pride that they forget they are there to protect and to serve, not to dish out shock therapy to defenseless human beings.

Sure the chick was not the smartest tool in the shed but she did not deserve the treatment she received and your "hope it taught her some manners." comment is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever seen on here. At first I was angry at your post, then I felt pity if you really feel that way.

I hope you seek within your soul cleanse yourself of the ignorance you obviously live by.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oklahoma's finest at work

The sad thing is that PIG is probably one of the smartest people on the force, it's too bad they suspended him as his form of discipline seems to be the newest fad...I am sick and tired of watching these PIGS abuse their so called power. I hope this tough guy has a very unfortunate accident. The woman is an idiot too but all he had to do was restrain her...oh wait...she was already restrained. What a total piece of crap he is!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

On second thought I must change my position on this matter. I believe she has the right to sue, but her case is not a very good one due to the assault. It's a tricky situation as he is the officer who has rules to follow and is acting on behalf of his department while this woman is just an angry drunk with no inhibitions.

To clarify my position, she should be brought up on charges, but still be compensated for her unjust abuse she suffered due to his temper.

I have seen cases where hard core criminals who commit serious crimes sue and win due to the abuse they suffered. This incident is one where both are in the wrong, there is no doubt in my mind that the women will be charged to the fullest possible extent for her actions meanwhile the officer was suspended.

They both need to pay the piper...regrettably as you mentioned it will come out of the tax payers pockets. The thing is that we the tax payers keep on electing officials who allow this corrupt system to continue so we are all partially responsible for these abuses as long as we continue to do nothing about it. What do we do about it? I have no idea so I so not have a solution for the problem which makes my whole rant rather pointless but I hope it was clear enough where you can see my view of the story.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
That cop is such a badass. Just look at the way he holds his taser, like a gangster.
Yeah she spit at him so I guess he can get off on that technicality, but come on. Anyone can tell that was an over-reaction. He should've just slammed her on the ground, put a spit mask on her, and run up the charges.

Thank you!

People around here think that the police are the judge, jury, and executioner

Stockholm syndrome is a serious disorder and many members of ATS embrace their enslavement and are more than happy to have these thugs abuse them for their own protection of course....pathetic.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Just suppose that it was an Iranian woman.

What the people would say ?

You raise a good question. I do not think it matters who it was, these crooked cop lovers will defend almost any action. I remember a thread I authored with a video where a man in a wheelchair was severely punched in the head by a police several times by an officer and ATS members were justifying it.

From my dealings with Iranian women, an Iranian woman would know better than to spit in the face of an officer, especially considering the force that is used by the law enforcers in Iran. It surprises me that some Americans are stupid enough to even look at a cop the wrong way knowing that many of them are loose cannons waiting to blow up.

I hate to say it, but when I see a cop I kiss his ass because it's not worth getting shot or tasered by some deranged lunatic with an ego to protect.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This officer was in the right. It was reasonable and justified.

Now she just racked up additional charges.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow. I am no fan of authority and I know ATS is anti-police but this thread takes the cake. Hand-cuffed or not, you do not spit at a police officer! You will get short end of the stick. Now if she has a case to sue, we'll see, but come 'on, you guys are way over defending her.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I usually side with the police but in this case it was a clear break from the use of force continuum. She was restrained, and the minimal amount of force necessary to stop her assault was not used. Smart cop would have charged her with assault, and not have his ass in trouble right now.

Now I can certainly see being enraged if someone spat on me, and frankly I would have had trouble not backhanding her, but that doesn't make it right.

She has every right to sue (though I hope she doesn't) and he has every right to press charges. The two certainly don't cancel each other out. That's not how the law works.

If I were the woman I would not sue, I would make an apology, and expect the same in return and also that the cop gets a refresher course.

I would like to see both the cop and the woman treat this as a life lesson, and not something to fuel hatred. OK I'm done puking rainbows.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I am not defending her, I am criticizing the officer as he was the authority figure who has standards to uphold, as I said earlier it comes with the badge and gun.

I also criticized the woman for spitting in the officer's face as that is a stupid thing to do. But no matter what you tell me there is no justification for tasing a handcuffed woman that is no threat to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

it isnt a tool for forcing compliance,

I was trying to think of a way to say this. I agree with you here.

the tazer went from a "non lethal" alternative to using a fire arm in a hazardous situation to become a "teaching aid". tazing a person who is handcuffed is , in my opinion, torture.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I respectfully disagree.

There is a fine line here, and in this situation I feel the action was justified. Even while hand-cuffed this CRIMINAL had no reason to spit. What should the officer have done? Ask nicely to remain calm? Again, I am no activist for the POPO. Why would she spit? She is already detained. Sit your ass down and pay the $100 bail and leave to fight your case at another time if you feel wronged. I usually agree with you but not this time. I'm just surprised at the overwhelming agreement to your posts.

I'm just glad that I'm not an officer of the law.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I hate to say it, but when I see a cop I kiss his ass because it's not worth getting shot or tasered by some deranged lunatic with an ego to protect.

So, you chose to respect them in person, but you feel obligated to defame police officers on the internet?
Think you're anonymouse(UnSuP-Mickey) on the internet(LOL)
Why would ATS need a "Police Brutality" forum?
You hate police, are you a criminal ?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The "Police State" isn't coming.....

It's already here.

(AJ)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure if I were to be spit on and then responded by tasering somebody I would be going to jail for assault every bit as much as the person spitting on me. I've been spit on before. I Took it like a man, I didn't try and electrocute anybody in response. I believe the law would say I responded with disproportionate force.

Once years ago I was a plain clothed security guy at a very large wearhouse style night club in Los Angeles. I was in the process of busting a guy we'd caught several times selling all sorts of drugs at the venue. I was holding him down. The other security were calling the cops. WHen he found out we were calling the cops the guy pulls out of his jacket while I'm trying to restrain him a stun gun and zaps me in the side of my abdomen. I scream,jump five feet in the air and then proceed to kick his ass. Guess what when the cops show up. Even though I was defending myself. I was also initially charged with assault. (it got dropped) The reason. I used disproportionate force (he ended up getting a broken zygomat/cheek bone, hence me getting in trouble too.

So the police get the judge to drop the charges after they talk to the rest of security and see the video tape. But for a while there I was sitting on those plastic seats in the back of the cop car handcuffed and totally F@$)ed

Then this guy went after me in court and tried to sue me. It got dropped. He appealed. It got thrown out again. And I've been able to move on. But if I can get nearly thrown in jail defending myself from a guy who just tried to electrocute me then why can't this cop for violating the exact same rules I did. Total BS to me. Hell If I don't even have the right to punch back when somebody is trying to electocute me.Getting spit on does not give you the right to electrocute somebody in response. And if you do you are a total pussy. SHove the guy back, slap him back hell even spit back but don't pull out a firearm or a semi lethal weapon and try to shoot somebody. Thats going overboard. Cop or not.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmikeS

So, you chose to respect them in person, but you feel obligated to defame police officers on the internet?
Think you're anonymouse(UnSuP-Mickey) on the internet(LOL)
Why would ATS need a "Police Brutality" forum?
You hate police, are you a criminal ?

Part of me feels that your post does not deserve a replay but I must clarify a few things.

I do not hate all police.

When I said "I kiss there ass" wasn't necessary respect but just common sense. What good ever comes from mouthing off a cop, even the slightest remark can get you in #

When I said kiss ass I meant compliant, so I don't get tased or shot, is that hard to understand?

And no I am not a criminal

The police brutality forum has been suggested by several members due to the continuous incidents caught on video tape of police officers who are meant to protect us acting like the criminals who they are meant to protect us from.

Do you get it yet or do I need to get some crayons and come construction paper so you can better understand because this is as clear as I can put it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This happened in my small town a couple of years ago. Most of the offending officers were put on suspension for about a year (give or take) and are now back on the force.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

You're wrong. There is protocol in these situations. You were a lackey security dude, not an officer of the law. (Forgive me for the disparaging remarks). This happened in a police station and now you all have me feely dirty defending this guy.

Maybe she got a pair of winter boots out of it...
edit on 29-11-2012 by UFO1414 because: being snarky

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Do you get it yet or do I need to get some crayons and come construction paper so you can better understand because this is as clear as I can put it.

Do whatever you want, that would be fitting for most of the threads that you post around here.

I blame your upbringing, to much time-out, and not enough discipline, eventually your attitude will get the discipline you deserve.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Once upon a time I was a Corrections Officer for a Sherrif's department. In my very short stint in what has got to be one of the worst jobs out there, I got spit on, had feces thrown at me, fights, etc. Not in my wildest dreams would I have tazed someone for getting spit on, even if they weren't handcuffed! When you are doing that job, it is to be expected that every once in a while some drunk idiot is going to do something stupid.

The posters on here that think it is ok what the officer did are ignorant and very cruel.

The posters on here that think most LEO'S are evil and corrupt are also mistaken, I worked with some of the kindest and most honest people I have had the pleasure of meeting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join