It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill All the Gays Bill - or - Allow Banks to become more Powerful and dictate Policy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
.... I could understand responding to HIV by castrating those with it so as to prevent it from spreading sexually, but killing them is uncalled for...

You think mutilation is a fair treatment for a disease???? What will you castrate from the housewife that gets infected? Will you castrate the babies born with it? The teenagers carrying it?

What an idiot.

I'm not even going to comment on killing people based on sexual orientation.

Why not? If you are going to make stupid statements, go all in! Otherwise there is still doubt how much of a fool you are.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by seabag

Actually Seabag, Christian missionaries from organizations like C Street were very influencial in drumming up hatred for homosexuals in Uganda.

There is a plethora of evidence supporting this. Even right now, google comments by Christian leaders in the states, they are supporting this bill hand over fist.

2009 Article

Christian leaders supporting bill

Expose on C Street & Ugandan Ties

So you see, if you'd like to state that Christian Fundementalists had no part in this atrocity, you might want to make sure that's the case. Clearly it's not.

~Tenth
edit on 11/29/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

In Britain, a lot of the African churches/ministries/whatever seem to take their lead from American charismatic, televangical preachers. What's worse is that it sometimes bumps up against existing African cultural values or traditional beliefs and then reinterprets this through a bizarre fundamental Christian lens. Sadly, it's the only upward trend in the various Christian denominations in terms of adherents.

I live 50 yards from a church which has always had a 'little old lady selling tea and cakes' feel about it and, in the past, I used to get flyers advertising 'bring and buy' sales, Christmas fairs and so on. Over the last 5 years, the church has been taken over by one of these African ministries and the previous congregation has dispersed. Instead of flyers for 'bring and buy' sales, I've since had flyers about demons causing sin and evilness (I kid you not) and the threat of homosexual and 'loose' lifestyles as well as Christian healing sessions for mental illness and drug addiction. It's like Jack Chick writes their publicity or something.

Each time, I've made an official complaint to the housing authority that own the estate that the church is built on (it was built as part of the housing estate in the 1960s).
edit on 30-11-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't think murder is good way to solve a problem but you people who advocate a global policy in the name of Human Rights that dictates to another culture the type of laws they can and cannot adopt, scares the Hell out of me. You might as well call yourself Hitler, Global Dictator. This attitude is whats wrong with the world - seeking to control someone else and force YOUR belief system on another culture. I don't care that's it's to " Save Lives via Human Rights" That's just as wrong to dictate globally as someone who wants to dictate global murder.

You people are going to flame me for that but your not getting the point. What right does anyone have to force their views on other cultures? Absolutely NONE. If a culture agrees to something for it's people - no matter how your view causes you to disagree, it's still their right to choose and you have no business interfering.

You bitch when the Muslims come into the USA and seek to institute their own law instead of following the laws of the USA. See, you don't like things being dictated to you - why force your view on someone else?

You speak of intolerance for gays yet you are intolerant of other cultures beliefs. Double standard hypocrites. You are the last people anyone should listen to.

I have nothing against dissuading them from such a course of action perhaps we Should try and they Should do something different, but your way by global mandate is just as bad. The minute you start to make such global policies is the minute you kill cultures, belief systems setting yourselves up as God - oh wait, the Powers That Be are already trying to do this with a global government.. Gee.. I sure hope when it happens you agree with everything they force you to do and remember, you can't bitch, moan or complain about it if you disagree.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think the evangelicals in this case are being used to set up the scenario the op is considering. If the banks want more power, what a clever design, a cultural brouhaha that will rationalize it for them. The christians are just greasy, power hungry tools. (KONY 2012)

Christ on a cracker! Maybe a little civil war will be stirred up. Mo' money for guess who?

The whole situation is a disgrace.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Pilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I don't care that's it's to " Save Lives via Human Rights" That's just as wrong to dictate globally as someone who wants to dictate global murder.

No, it is not the same. Get down from your high horse, there is no reason why there should be a magical line in the sand that would give people absolute sovereignity at the level of cultures or countries. Why not some other level? Unless you are a complete anarchist, you already are OK with dictating what other people can and cannot do, so in some cases you may as well go all the way. If most people in a nation agree with some law and thus impose it on the minority, I dont see why most countries in the world cannot agree with some international law and impose it on the minority. And this is already the case when it comes to basic human rights (tough enforcement is an issue).

Also,if you want to get all philosophical, moral relativism is strictly descriptive, not prescriptive. Moral relativism applies to your opinion just as well as to mine.

And I guess with your attitude you would leave Hitler alone if he kept to himself and genocided them Jews and other undesirables without attacking other countries, after all who are we to impose things on other nations? So who is the "Hitler" now?
edit on 1/12/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I don't think murder is good way to solve a problem but you people who advocate a global policy in the name of Human Rights that dictates to another culture the type of laws they can and cannot adopt, scares the Hell out of me. You might as well call yourself Hitler, Global Dictator. This attitude is whats wrong with the world - seeking to control someone else and force YOUR belief system on another culture. I don't care that's it's to " Save Lives via Human Rights" That's just as wrong to dictate globally as someone who wants to dictate global murder.

You people are going to flame me for that but your not getting the point. What right does anyone have to force their views on other cultures? Absolutely NONE. If a culture agrees to something for it's people - no matter how your view causes you to disagree, it's still their right to choose and you have no business interfering.

You bitch when the Muslims come into the USA and seek to institute their own law instead of following the laws of the USA. See, you don't like things being dictated to you - why force your view on someone else?

You speak of intolerance for gays yet you are intolerant of other cultures beliefs. Double standard hypocrites. You are the last people anyone should listen to.

I have nothing against dissuading them from such a course of action perhaps we Should try and they Should do something different, but your way by global mandate is just as bad. The minute you start to make such global policies is the minute you kill cultures, belief systems setting yourselves up as God - oh wait, the Powers That Be are already trying to do this with a global government.. Gee.. I sure hope when it happens you agree with everything they force you to do and remember, you can't bitch, moan or complain about it if you disagree.

Over the last so many decades, many African nations have been propped-up by the West in many ways to help them join the global table, develop their economies and so on. Prior to that, their relationship with the West has meant that they've gone from relatively technologically primitive culture to industrialisation. It's also seen the import of the Christian religion. What culture and beliefs are being impacted here? It seems to be that Africa, by and large, and voluntarily are aiming for what what the West has - including Western money through development aid and through trade &c. A lot of African traditional beliefs and values are pretty much frowned-upon, in fact, folk beliefs will now pretty much get you executed in many places thanks to the zealotry that the imported Christianity has.

Also, the argument that it's their decision to treat homosexuals this way is pretty much flawed to begin with. Voting fraud is systemic across much of Africa and is a major concern for neutral observers. Even if voting was 'fair', then 'democracy' is pretty much forcing one set of beliefs on another anyway, it's just a case of one demographic being larger than the other at any particular time. You only have to look at American elections to see how this works and how completely polarised views can be imposed on others.

If African countries like this want to sit with the rest of the world at the grown-ups table, they need to start acting like grown-ups. Grown-ups don't kill people based on their sexual orientation.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

edit on 1-12-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
oh BROTHER! Blaming it on American Christians!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

So why aren't Christians in America getting voodoo practitioners here executed? It seems they should start here in our own back yard. (end sarcasm)

Geez I cannot believe what I am reading here.
edit on 6-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Perhaps an effective strategy should be proposed,while they are vaccinated to death

I believe the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is taking care of that.

Bill did say that he likes vaccinations for zero population growth. He is also a member of the Club of Rome which is involved with the UN Agenda 21.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join