It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officer giving winter boots to barefoot homeless man Read more:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I know many times we see only the worse when it come to police and their dealings with the public.

NYPD officer giving winter boots to barefoot homeless man

Photo of Lawrence Deprimo kneeling down to give a barefoot homeless man a pair of winter boots on a cold night earlier this month,It was freezing out and you could see the blisters on the man’s feet,'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... xzz2DcoDwAhF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

When did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me

edit on 093030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What? How awesome is this.
Officer, you must talk to your fellow officers. To serve and protect is what you are doing right now. I hope you will lead by example. Hats off to you.

And no murders in NY for the first time in who knows how long...wow is this just a fluke are are they awakening? I hope it's the later.

edit on 29-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Heartwarming story

Although the realist in me thinks the guy has only been with the NYPD a couple of years so he still has his humanity and the homeless man probably sold the boots a couple of hours later for the poison of his choice .

I could be wrong .... Merry Christmas

edit on 29-11-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

What? How awesome is this.
Officer, you must talk to your fellow officers. To serve and protect is what you are doing right now. I hope you will lead by example. Hats off to you.

And no murders in NY for the first time in who knows how long...wow is this just a fluke are are they awakening? I hope it's the later.

edit on 29-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

One can only hope.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Merry Christmas,

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this!

What an awesome pic. A homeless man sitting barefoot in freezing temps right outside of a shoe store. So close, but still a world away. Great work on behalf of the policemen. I wonder how many people had passed him by without a second look.

~OkieDokie

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
Thanks for posting this!

What an awesome pic. A homeless man sitting barefoot in freezing temps right outside of a shoe store. So close, but still a world away. Great work on behalf of the policemen. I wonder how many people had passed him by without a second look.

~OkieDokie

I wondered the same thing,

These sort of incidences always remind me of this scripture.

Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Homeless Man Arrested After Anonymous Tip Led to Discovery of Drug Stash in His Boots

Seriously, this was a nice gesture. I hope that other officers do similar acts of kindness and that this was not a staged photo-op.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
BREAKING NEWS: Homeless Man Arrested After Anonymous Tip Led to Discovery of Drug Stash in His Boots

Seriously, this was a nice gesture. I hope that other officers do similar acts of kindness and that this was not a staged photo-op.

Well we could look at it this way, even if it was staged and I doubt it, if it encourages others to do the same it is worth it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When is the last time each of us has acted with such kindness? As for myself, it's been a long time and I am truely ashamed I had to be reminded..

edit on 29-11-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
When is the last time each of us has acted with such kindness? As for myself, it's been a long time, and I am truely ashamed I had to be reminded.

We all need a little reminder once and a while, encourage one-another.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
On this site, we almost never see posts of police helping the citizens of this country.

I do think that most police, although they may be jaded by interacting with the criminal element, are basically trying to help people.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I read about this somewhere, Its an awesome story and there should be more people like this.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I do believe that there are still LEO's out there that would do this very same thing. It's just that most acts of humanitarianism are rarly observed by the eye of the camera. May G_D Bless all of the officers that perform their duties, like this man.

Merry Christmas
Violator1 out.
edit on 29-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've seen a COP give a homeless man a full 12 dollar meal from a fast food place before just to be nice. The homeless man cried because it was the first nice thing someone had done for him that he could remember in a long time and thanked the cop profusely until the cop left. So even though I'm generally anti cop I've seen a few do some heart warming things. Not all of them are bad. well most of them, but not all.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

PROPAGANDA in my opinion.

Its no secret that cops are fast becoming the most hated segment of our society.

And coincidentally someone recorded this "act of kindness" and now its "gone viral"...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I personally know of MANY police officers that have given their personal lunch money to homeless, just so that person could eat that day.

All i can say is to those who have skeptical comments is when you look into the mirror, can you smile to yourself wholeheartedly and remember the last time you did something kind for someone in need? or, do you feel that harrowing guilty feeling because you remember a time when you could have taken a few seconds of your selfish life and extend a least a smile to that person in need?

CX

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
*Listens to the mind cogs working overtime on the forum.

New York Good Cop's Boots Gift Is Web Hit

The photograph was taken by Jennifer Foster, who works in an Arizona sheriff's office.

Probably just luck.

CX.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

You know what,

It never crossed my mind that people would turn this topic into something negative.

I am shocked actually, because when I read the article I cried.

This picture brings awareness to the plight of the homeless, regardless.

And it should motivate us all.

thanks for posting.

edit on 023030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

PROPAGANDA in my opinion.

Its no secret that cops are fast becoming the most hated segment of our society.

And coincidentally someone recorded this "act of kindness" and now its "gone viral"...

Well at least he has shoes, unless you think he is a plant too?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join