It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 years old girl killed in Afghanistan because of refusing marriage proposal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And what is America hoping to achieve by staying there until December 2014?

Nothing will change, all America and the UN can hope for is minimal body bags between now and December 2014.

You can take a boy out of the bush, but you can't take the bush out of the boy.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Across the Ocean there are savages and here we are saints.

BS!

None here are declaring themselves as such. Proceed from that false implication if you choose but be advised you're exposing yourself to be what you are.

Just whom is invading and occupying a Country that did nothing that should be a cause to be invaded?

This caused the beheading?

Something tells me that would have been carried out regardless of US/West presence....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by dollukka

not to say this isnt a terrible thing but it happens in the US just as frequently.

there are sick people in the world and things like this do not just happen in the middle east

What? Really?

Name one case where someone was beheaded for saying no to a marriage proposal and one that doesn't involve an Muslim/Islamic person. These people will HUNT their family members around the globe to kill them if they feel they've been shamed by them. It's insane. This doesnt' happen in the US!

You have no idea what you are talking about. What they do over there to women is barbaric and they treat them like things. Do some research on this kind of stuff it happens A LOT over there.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Fair enough, to quote you "This caused the beheading?

Something tells me that would have been carried out regardless of US/West presence...."

And just what would that "something" be?

I read between the lines in the OP and as far as I am concerned this is an anti Afghanistan thread to promote the US presence there when it was not needed nor asked for..

I truly am sorry for the tragic death of the young girl for no reason of her
own doing.

But as I know you have read my last post with the link to the Chicago death rate surpassing the US forces in Afghanistan One has to wonder no?

Let me say this, If I started a thread on every murder of a child in the USA/ Canada I would die from lack of sleep and food.......
And by child I mean under 10 years old...........Nobody gives a hoot about what is happening in their own back yard but they sure do care about a country half way around the world....

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 29-11-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
And just what would that "something" be?

The way they have been proven to be for centuries. You implied that the US/West presence had something to do with the beheading or that the US/West presence failed to stop it.

Wrong on both accounts. The Afghans are Afghans and those involved are responsible for their own actions. Just like everybody else on the planet.

I read between the lines in the OP and as far as I am concerned this is an anti Afghanistan thread to promote the US presence there when it was not needed nor asked for..

Well fair enough.
Thanks for providing me the reasoning behind your reply. Then in that case may I suggest you direct those comments towards the OP and ask for clarification if that's what they really meant?

I truly am sorry for the tragic death of the young girl for no reason of here own doing.

Same here.
I wish it had never happened but it did in AFGHANISTAN Not Chicago, Detroit, NY or Los Angeles....

But as I know you have read my last post with the link to the Chicago death rate surpassing the US forces in Afghanistan One has to wonder no?

Well if you wrote a thread about that I'm sure most would find it an interesting topic to discuss all on it's own. Hopefully somebody wouldn't bring up the death rate among Eskimos as a retort.

See what I mean?

Let me say this, If I started a thread on every murder of a child in the USA/ Canada I would die from lack of sleep and food.......And by child I mean under 10 years old...........Nobody gives a hoot about what is happening in their own back yard but they sure do care about a country half way around the world....

That's a fallacy

We here at ATS see all day, everyday, 24/7 stories as you describe about cases in the US/West. Meanwhile what you don't see in them are Americans going "but the Death rate in AFGHANISTAN is just as bad or worse"

No, Most will discuss the issues and express their feelings and opinion on that subject.

edit on 29-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They shoot little girls for wanting to go to school, they kill them for not marrying,

enough is enough.
edit on 29-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Oh hey look everybody, it's another Afghan beheads, shoots, stabs, burns a 14 year old girl story in the AP.
Yeah, cause there can't be too many made up propaganda stories fed to the media to
keep making excuses for continuing a war where the heroin grows and the lithium mines are.

Yeah, and it also kind of blurs the lines about the drone attacks killing, oh excuse me, collateral damaging
REAL 14 year olds.

I'm just so glad with all the soldiers we have over there that these kind of stories can get reported in the media.
Yeah. You probably don't even have to have these events actually occur on a month after month basis in Afghanistan and Pakistan for them to be reported to gullible Americans to keep the war fires burning in their souls.
edit on 29-11-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

That aint propaganda

That is real life in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are a true believer ain'tcha?
Well, it was a crap story.
I mean really. If that is Afghanistan all the time, then how come the police would ring up the AP and Reuters
to report the story?

They don't want us over there. Why feed bad publicity to the press? This story is US grade A propaganda that
I've seen a dozens of times already.
I don't need to see the same movie more than once or twice before I know the plotline.

These stories depend on a person willing to believe based on their own prejudices that are being carefully
molded and nurtured.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
Oh hey look everybody, it's another Afghan beheads, shoots, stabs, burns a 14 year old girl story in the AP.
Yeah, cause there can't be too many made up propaganda stories fed to the media to
keep making excuses for continuing a war where the heroin grows and the lithium mines are.

Are you suggesting that this didn't happen? Are you one to believe that a tree, as it falls in the forest, makes no sound if there is no one to hear it? As to your assertion, I haven't seen anyone advocating that we rally behind the troops and keep them there because of this.

We are discussing a tragic event that happened to a fourteen year old girl, in which her life is not her own and was murdered for not following the path chosen for her. But I like your line better, it is far more easier to swallow that there are people out there willing to do such a thing.

I'm just so glad with all the soldiers we have over there that these kind of stories can get reported in the media.
Yeah. You probably don't even have to have these events actually occur on a month after month basis in Afghanistan and Pakistan for them to be reported to gullible Americans to keep the war fires burning in their souls.

I get it, you are weary of war, so are the lot of us. How about you venture there and see how women are treated. How they are maimed for going to school and becoming educated, shot for speaking their minds, beheaded for being raped, not allowed to drive, not allowed to be free....but it is all propaganda right? So we can keep our fighting forces there.
edit on 29-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

Post Script:
I would more inclined to see what you are speaking to if the United States itself, wasn't engaged in its own farcical "war on women", when there is a real war, in parts of the world, that are vile and disgusting aimed directly at human beings of the female sex.
edit on 29-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Then on the flip side there are those too who refuse to acknowledge anything contrary to their belief out of fear of being proven wrong.

Eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Then on the flip side there are those too who refuse to acknowledge anything contrary to their belief out of fear of being proven wrong.

Eh?

Ewww, you just cued all the dem's rally horn...be ready... (taking cover)
Remember pre election, ..
edit on 29-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You are a true believer ain'tcha?

If by meaning beheading a girl cause she wont marry me, or shoot little girls for wanting to get an education, or go around beheading people cause they don't beleive as I do nope I am not a true beleiver.

But those people are out there lots of them.

Well, it was a crap story.

Whats crap is that girl of the op getting beheaded for not marrying,

Whats crap is shooting girls because "they don't know their place" per edict of religious
fundamentalism.

They don't want us over there. Why feed bad publicity to the press?

Wonder what the parents would think, and who they really don't want over there, the fear of allah has been worse than a decade of war, and his "swords".

This story is US grade A propaganda that I've seen a dozens of times already.

Mean dismissed it a dozen times.

These stories depend on a person willing to believe based on their own prejudices that are being carefully molded and nurtured.

Oh like the people who go around shooting little girls and behead them because of their own predujices, and then those others who come to threads exposing those actions as nothing but "propaganda".

Yep
edit on 29-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Funny, I just don't seem to recall what savages the people of Afghanistan reputedly are when we fought
alongside them against the Soviets.

I just don't see the Afghan police having the American news media on speed dial for their alleged brutalities.

People will believe the news media hype or they won't.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Do you honestly believe that a story about some morons killing an innocent Child because she didn't want to marry some old fart will make the American public want to stay in a country where they carry out such heinous acts longer?

If so may I suggest taking a walk in the fresh air and reconsider.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Sorry I missed that.

I'm not going there

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
A portion of what you say I agree to. There are some, who have chosen to follow a strict path of a chosen religion. To paint with a broad brush though, not all religion breads what you have posted.

Actually yes, it does. Religion is one of the worst things to have even happened to humanity. While I can agree that for some people it may help them get through their day/lives, on a whole, it merely segregates and splits people into those that "do" believe and those that "do not". And rarely do those two camps get along.

I'm not singling out Islam - I lump them all together and tarnish them with the same brush.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Oh, and calling out the Prophet for marrying his first cousin is a bit silly as it's prevalent in the bible as well(if you are a christian that is).
edit on 29-11-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

Actually I wasn't referring to that specifically, but that's exactly one of the reasons why religion is a bad idea.

All too often ridiculous concepts like marrying children is part of the religious dogma - as you pointed out, not just in Islam but the Bible as well. How is that a guide to follow for redemption?

If people were to argue that it no longer applies, well, how can that change? How can people take some bits and not others? Why does it seem so transitive when it's "meant" to be a guide to save one's immortal soul and a means for a religious person to acquire morality?

Utterly crazy.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the OP and anyone else I offended with my previous posts last night.
I was carrying some personal baggage along
with my opinions and thoughts on the subject.
This is no excuse for my attitude but it is the truth, stressful times here for me and I was not in a positive mode of mind if you will.

I do not regret what I posted but I do really regret my method and my attitude on this thread.

No I did not get slapped by any mods or the bosses this is my own doing.

I will try very hard to refrain from my very combative attitude and even posting until my personal baggage is a bit lighter.

Again sorry to the OP and everyone else that has posted or read this thread.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-11-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Apology is accepted, i see your point that Middle East is not only place where wrong doings happen.

This is how i see it. I am really up to female rights and in universal scale. What happens so called western countries we are dealing with mental illnesses also drug addicts, cartels etc. its very rare that someone in his/hers full understanding kills anyone.

Basicly we are dealing with different issue and different kind of violence. When reason of violence and the victim of violence comes from the system and belief than someone is lower human being ( in this case a woman ) and is not treated as an equal. Also strict believe religious texts are guide how to live ones life, like God (OT) they make the children pay from their parents mistakes.

All Nations are quilty of violence, history prooves that. The difference is do we choose to go forward as a nation and perhaps learn to live respecting each other.
edit on 30-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join