It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 years old girl killed in Afghanistan because of refusing marriage proposal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Afghan police have arrested two men accused of beheading a teenage girl with a knife in northern Kunduz province, officials say.

Prior to the attack, the girl's father had rejected a marriage proposal for his daughter. "Our investigation shows those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her," police told the BBC.

Earlier this month, four policemen were jailed for 16 years for raping a young woman in the same province.

In the latest incident, the girl, who was about 14 years old, was carrying drinking water from a nearby well to her house in Imam Sahib district when she was attacked on Monday. "People were harassing the family and asking for her hand. When she refused, they did this to her," a police official told the BBC. Senior Afghan officials and local tribal elders said the two suspects were close relatives of the girl. The father had not wanted his daughter to get married because she was "too young to be engaged", he was quoted as saying by the Pajhwok news agency.

BBC

Also these murderers were also relatives to the poor victim. According to Oxfam international 87% of Afgan females have been abused sexually, physically and emotianally.

However, the percentage of women working in the public service has fallen from 31% in 2006 to 18.5% in 2010. What's more, over 87% of Afghan Women Have Suffered some form of violence.

Oxfam

Talking about equal rights, in Afghanistan as in Pakistan there isn´t any. Its a sad thruth.
edit on 29-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Animals.

No...that's insulting to most animals. I don't know of many animals that kill the female they are trying to court, they usually give up and walk away... if not challenged, or beat up, by the Alpha.
Is this religion?
Any human that can carry out anything this horrific, is nothing less than pure monstrous evil. I take it highly likely the father had to witness this atrocity as well? I'm sorry, I believe I could see myself asking to be their executioner after trial...

I don't know how it could happen, but the last statement in the story indicates uncertainty if she was beheaded, or shot. I've seen how they behead...I hope it was not that.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

not to say this isnt a terrible thing but it happens in the US just as frequently.

there are sick people in the world and things like this do not just happen in the middle east

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Inter-breeding, Prophet Muhammad married his first cousin and therefor it seems to be accepted in Islam. So there is a history in this and as a prophet everything Muhammad did was encouraged example to all muslims, this happens a lot in Pakistan and Afghanistan where cousin marriage is preferred and even encouraged.

Its unhealthy, it brings a lot of unhappy marriages and even violence.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This is what religion breeds : hate, anger, fear and distrust. Compound that with the alienation of Islam and the exaltation of Christianity, it's no wonder these middle eastern countries live in a draconian world.

Honour killings, acid in faces, marrying children, suppressing women - it's disgusting to think that in a 21st century world we still have societies that live and believe like this.

Shame people of religion wouldn't just "wake up" and see it's all bunk, to see what it does to the world. Sigh. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

not to say this isnt a terrible thing but it happens in the US just as frequently.

there are sick people in the world and things like this do not just happen in the middle east
It happens in the U.S. just as frequently???? Are you serious? Name ONE instance where an American beheaded a 14 year-old girl for not accepting a proposal. Looks like 'capin' succeeeded in your request with a post like that.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It is so sad that this sort of thing is still happening in the 21st century. And just think, if people like these radicals had their way women around the world would have to live in fear every day of their lives. I guess that's why they don't want the females in their society to be educated, because if they WERE I believe the tables would be turned!

It is because of men such as these that people fear Muslims. Talk about bad publicity!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Check out the news for Chicago or Toronto .......lots of kids getting gunned down for stupider reasons.

I am not making light of your thread I am just trying to say that it happens everywhere every day now.

abcnews.go.com...

news.nationalpost.com...

www.krgv.com...

Sad world we have now.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 29-11-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Wait are you saying it is frequent that teenaged girls in the US are being beheaded for refusing a marriage proposal? I agree there are sick people the world around, but to say frequently is a bit of a stretch.

After a nice search on the internet, I found instances in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and now Afghanistan of women being "honor" killed for refusals to men. Sure, deaths occur out of passion all the time, but they are hardly akin to this.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

This is what religion breeds : hate, anger, fear and distrust. Compound that with the alienation of Islam and the exaltation of Christianity, it's no wonder these middle eastern countries live in a draconian world.

No, it goes beyond religion. Religion is reflecting their social norms. You can look back into western history to find examples that are just as disgusting to hear of and the religious edicts they used to justify it. Bottom line here is women are physically weaker than men and thus are easier to dominate. We are talking about a backwards society, this is what happens in these types of societies. Our society evolved beyond that thankfully. They will either evolve beyond it or be left beyond to rot.

Oh, and calling out the Prophet for marrying his first cousin is a bit silly as it's prevalent in the bible as well(if you are a christian that is).
edit on 29-11-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Honour killings, acid in faces, marrying children, suppressing women - it's disgusting to think that in a 21st century world we still have societies that live and believe like this.

Shame people of religion wouldn't just "wake up" and see it's all bunk, to see what it does to the world. Sigh. Oh well.

A portion of what you say I agree to. There are some, who have chosen to follow a strict path of a chosen religion. To paint with a broad brush though, not all religion breads what you have posted.

Other than that, it is a shame that societies embrace this mentality, but it is not my place to tell them how to think. Only to provide outreach, support and education about freedom and liberty. You can lead a horse to water....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

It happens in the U.S. just as frequently???? Are you serious? Name ONE instance where an American beheaded a 14 year-old girl for not accepting a proposal. Looks like 'capin' succeeeded in your request with a post like that.

We can do worse than that,
Link below

abcnews.go.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying that ugly and wicked people do not exist in the US, but the person I was replying to said, in relation to the OP's story, that such happened frequently. Meaning young girls expected to be forced into marriage and under threat of decapitation if they refuse.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by Iwinder

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying that ugly and wicked people do not exist in the US, but the person I was replying to said, in relation to the OP's story, that such happened frequently. Meaning young girls expected to be forced into marriage and under threat of decapitation if they refuse.

I agree with your post I was just trying to say lets look in our own back yard before we start throwing stones every which way.

Interesting read below
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 29-11-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

reply to post by Iwinder

Seriously....

The topic is "14 year old girl killed in Afghanistan because of refusing marriage proposal" not "how other countries are just as bad for this that or the other"

I think this is sad.
I understand there are cultural and religious differences but really people.
Killing her over that?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And to get technical, it was her dad that did the refusing. So didn't they actually kill the wrong person? Not that it would have made it any better.

Even sicker, those guys probably won't get in much trouble at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

edit on 29-11-2012 by Iwinder because: screwed it up

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yep, and this is the country that we've been 'liberating' or whatever for over a decade now. We sure can be proud of whatever it is we're doing there.

Oh and to those who think this only happens in muslim countries, the media just got done celebrating 24 hours of a murder free New York. Sure, no one gets beheaded, but can any country really compete with New York City when it comes to murder? (besides maybe chicago).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Are you serious? Woooooooooow, I thought it was some kinda of joke. I do agree there are a lot of people who want to throw stones to deflect attention, but still, when I read things like this I thank my stars i was born here. The worst I had to deal with at 14 was creepy Robert telling me about his 75K Transformer collection and passing me love letters in English class.
edit on 29-11-2012 by antonia because: opps

edit on 29-11-2012 by antonia because: forgot a word

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

reply to post by Iwinder

Seriously....

The topic is "14 year old girl killed in Afghanistan because of refusing marriage proposal" not "how other countries are just as bad for this that or the other"

I think this is sad.
I understand there are cultural and religious differences but really people.
Killing her over that?

I have to argue with you here, I realize what the OP's topic was but it points only one way and that is quite obvious.

Across the Ocean there are savages and here we are saints.

Just whom is invading and occupying a Country that did nothing that should be a cause to be invaded?

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join