It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian court orders death sentences over anti-Islam film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So I was browsing cnn this morning and saw this outrageous article. Why would an Egyptian court do this? This just fans the flames and makes me think that it is not just "extremist" terrorists that give Islam a bad name, but rather the mainstream followers themselves. How can someone be sentenced to death over making a movie expressing their views on ANY subject?

Seven Coptic Egyptians living abroad were sentenced to death Wednesday by a court in Cairo for their connection to an inflammatory anti-Islam film, the prosecutor's office said. The suspects are accused of being involved with the production of the film in California, said Adel Al Saeed, official spokesman for the prosecutor's office.

Protests against the "Innocence of Muslims" film erupted in September in many Muslim countries, including Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, Morocco, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Israel and the Palestinian territories.

The amateurish film portrays the Prophet Mohammed as a womanizer, buffoon, ruthless killer and child molester. Islam categorically forbids any depictions of Mohammed, and blasphemy is an incendiary taboo in the Muslim world.

Link

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So basically the have been banished from Egypt with consequences of death for returning.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

The Egyptian people fought hard for freedom and protested en masse to rid themselves of a tyrannical dictatorial regime- and got an even worse one in it's place. Be careful what you wish for.....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just saw this story posted in another forum- sorry for the repeat.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

This just fans the flames and makes me think that it is not just "extremist" terrorists that give Islam a bad name, but rather the mainstream followers themselves.

Islam gives Islam a bad name. Those "extremists" are the real muslims, because theyre just following Sharia Law (islamic law). Muslim who do not follow Sharia are the apostates, and is why you often see non-Sharia compliant apostate muslims getting bombed and executed by the real muslim "extremists".

So in that regard, issuing death sentences to egyptian coptic christians comes as no surprise, this is the price you will pay for making war on Islam and Muhammad: Your life forfeit. They kill coptics in Alexandria even for not speaking out against Islam and Muhammad, so what do you think they would do to those who have committed "blasphemy" against a false prophet they do not believe in? See how they force their religion on you? Even if you do not believe what they do, and you break their Sharia laws, they execute you.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I don't know where I stand on Islam at the moment. I have seen many Islamists come out on mainstream news sources and other media outlets, and some even on ATS, and say that Islam is a religion of peace and that those who kill in the name of religion are extremists or zealots. So I say "ok that makes sense". Then I see governments and large numbers of protestors wanting to kill others over making a movie or drawing a cartoon, which directly goes against the "just a few whacko Islamists" argument.

new topics

join