It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Do Your Homework Before Entering UFO Fray'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

No I haven't, although I've been fascinated with this subject since I was a child. I'm interested in biology, physics and astronomy, and from our current understanding of the subjects everything points to life being widely distributed in the universe.

Also a little discussed point is the role of the evolution of intelligence. You see these UFOs show intelligent behavior. On Earth intelligence evolved 100s of millions of years ago. I surmise that once intelligence evolves it is very difficult to put it back into its box. There are also various types of intelligence which suit different evolutionary niches. It makes sense that intelligence has evolved in many places independently, some of these intelligent entities have spread around the galaxies and universe prior to our evolution, some have just sit pretty like the dinosaurs until the became extinct or let to evolutionary off-shoots like the birds.

One of my pet theories is that these objects are intelligent living things and may not be organised classically in terms of a civilisation, but rather may exist as individuals, species or family groups, much like the hugely diverse biology on Earth. Another addition to this theory is that some of these objects may not be AS intelligent as we think they are, just as a fly has capabilities that we still cannot achieve to this day with our intelligently designed robots. They could be higly evolved space creatures with abilities suited to travelling in space and yet not more intelligent than us in our sense of the word. When we detect their presence they usually appear to react defensively and rapidly move away from the area. This might make sense in terms of evolutionary pressure i.e. there may be other advanced space dwelling entities that will threaten their immediate survival and they have evolved superb abilities in terms of camoflauge and speed or manipulation of space.

The fly in the ointment for that theory is why we have not discovered any damaged/dead UFOs, which points back to them somehow being organised enough to avoid us proving their very existence.

edit on 27-12-2012 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Its funny you say we have no hard evidence of their spacecraft. While I was in Roswell for the 50th aniversary of that incident. A former capt of a certain military aircraft would beg to differ. While I personally didnt see the craft or the bodies he seemed very adamant that it was all true. It was a very enlightening conversation. .

Was he full of it? Well he was pretty convincing.

Bill

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy
Its funny you say we have no hard evidence of their spacecraft. While I was in Roswell for the 50th aniversary of that incident. A former capt of a certain military aircraft would beg to differ. While I personally didnt see the craft or the bodies he seemed very adamant that it was all true. It was a very enlightening conversation. .

Was he full of it? Well he was pretty convincing.

Bill

According to the many staunch cynics here, yes he's full of it — anybody else's account is just wrong and not factual. These cynics have to invoke The Truth because they absolutely and miraculously know The Truth, although they can't even express it in simple openminded written words.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
A former captain (unnamed) of a former aircraft (unnamed) said something and therefore we should take it 'to be true'.

Do you people know they were operating top secret skyhook balloons out of Roswell at the time, there's no way they wanted the Russians to know what it was, being one of the major intelligence gathering tools of the Cold War.

Skyhook Program
www.csicop.org...

The actual project goal was balloon reconnaissance of the Soviet Union. The entire subject is extensively covered in an excellent book by historian Curtis Peebles (Peebles 1991).

edit on 28-12-2012 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

Project Moby Dick
blog.seniorennet.be...

The Real Roswell Debris

We’ve always suggested that UFO researchers should be looking at The United States Navy, instead of the Air Force, as the source for useful UFO information. The Office of Naval Research, which began working with balloons for atmospheric flights in 1946, and created Project Helios which morphed into Skyhook, which produced the balloon sighting that killed Captain Thomas Mantell. Helios conducted various flights from around the country. The Air Force’s Project Moby Dick used much of the Navy’s groundbreaking Helios research to send aloft balloons of its own prototypical creation, most in and around Holloman Air Force base in New Mexico. The actual venue for the balloon research was The Balloon Test Squadron at the Holloman Air Development Center One of those large, polyethylene balloons came down in Roswell’s backyard in July 1947, providing debris from its gondola payload that Mac Brazel collected, in part, and stored in a shed on the farm where he worked.

Concentration on the Mogul balloon project has diverted UFO researchers from the Moby Dick balloon crash and recovery. If researchers altered there obsession with Mogul and concentrated on the Moby Dick flights for the Roswell time-frame, they’d find enough evidence to suggest that the Roswell story is a confluence of balloon mishaps and egregious mythmaking by UFO researchers in 1978 onward. Project Moby Dick is the backdoor to the Roswell explanation. That it has been overlooked by UFO radicals is intellectually shameful.

edit on 28-12-2012 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Edit,sp smartphones suck
edit on 28-12-2012 by Camperguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yep heard about skyhook. I asked this captain, why are you going against the vow of secrecy now aftet all these years, he said that all of the original witnesses are dying off and that people have a right to know the truth. Its not like this guy was trying to push a book or something. Witnesses put people in jail everyday they also put people to death. You having never witnessed anything of the nature have every right to be skeptical. And you have every right to believe what the government has told you happened. I believe that thisguy flew something other than ballon parts and crash test dummys to the base and so does he. I think the differences between you and I is only personal experience and being a military vet.

Bill

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just read into your qoute a little deeper, radicals and intellectually shamefull. Hmm Sounds like theres a zing in there, lol

And if your curious about the vet thing, well being in the airforce ive heard lots of stories from both security elements and pilots alike. You bet your a$$ these guys dont like talking about the stuff, they have alot to lose. Also you train with these guys,you trust your life to these guys. When they open up about things like this you take it pretty seriously. ..Or we are all a bunch of hallucinating idiots . I think thats what the quote was trying to say nicely.

Im not a radical and I really am not an idiot. I just want people to know that there are people out there that have had similar experiences and that your not alone. I dont think im special or unique in any way. In fact I think it kind of sucks in a way. It would be alot easier on the other side of the fence.

Bill

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well, milimilo, it looks you are the only one who did their homework. The patterns certainly ring true for me. Who else here is actually a contactee and/or abductee?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Well, milimilo, it looks you are the only one who did their homework. The patterns certainly ring true for me.

Will have to agree with you there InTheLight, Milomilo has definitely done his homework when it comes to the UFO subject.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

EXCELLENT POINTS AND QUOTES.

May have to return and read this thread when I have more time.

Great to read of solid people in high positions in the culture note some serious true facts about the topic and treating the topic fittingly.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Peter Sturrock on ball lightning:

Is Ball Lightning A Portal To Another Universe

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yet another excellent, if somewhat short thread that I missed out on!

I like this guy, he thinks outside the box, in the same way as other important minds do. It reminds me of this quote about John Nash Jr.:

I will post some relevant text so people with data plans, problems with links etc., can see what this is about.

We here argue as follows:

( a ) Since there is no known way for the required energy to be stored in the ball-­‐ lightning, there must be a reservoir of energy remote from the ball-­‐lightning (presumably related to the electrical energy responsible for lightning).

( b ) Since the reservoir is remote from the ball-­‐lightning, there must be some way to transfer energy from the reservoir to the ball-­‐lightning. We therefore conceive of a duct that connects the reservoir to the ball-­‐lightning.

( c ) A ball-­‐lightning may now be regarded as a port through which energy in the duct can be released into the atmosphere.

Concerning the duct, we require that, in addition to its electromagnetic properties or capabilities,

( a ) its motion is not restricted by the atmosphere;

( b ) it can penetrate a wall or window without causing any damage;

( c ) it can penetrate a metal structure such as an aircraft fuselage; and

( d ) it is invisible.

These characteristics are suggestive of a modification of our familiar overt space, which we can think of as a different but parallel covert space. The transition from the overt space to the covert space may be an on-­‐off proposition or a matter of degree. These thoughts suggest the following hypothesis: A ball-­lightning is a port connecting our overt space to a covert space with similar but not identical properties.

A conjecture concerning ball lightning Arxiv pdf file

He also seems to have a rather macabre sense of humour as demonstrated here:

Is there any way to examine this model experimentally? The death of Georg Wilhelm Richmann was caused by a ball-­‐lightning. Following a strike on a lightning conductor, Richmann’s friend Sokolov (who was present in Richmann’s laboratory) saw a fireball leave the ungrounded end of the conductor in the laboratory and float through the air to strike Richmann’s forehead. There was a sound like small cannon: Sokolov lost consciousness and Richmann was killed.

One could try to duplicate this event (hopefully without the fatality) by imposing a very high voltage (supplying a very high current) on a conductor penetrating a protective metallic chamber.

Bolded text is mine.

So, is there a covert space in parallel to our own overt space, the idea is very "supernatural" if you think about it.

Maybe the author is just having a laugh, exasperated by the lack of any concrete proposals or maybe...

Scientific ideas are getting spookier and spookier, how cool is that?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
remember when MJ12 decided they would start lying and causing deception concerning the whole subject because they were afraid the people would lose faith in government and religion? well I think we've reached that point nevertheless. I love how Hawking keeps telling us we had better not find ET because it would be like when Columbus discovered the new world. And something he said just recently about finding them first before they find us. I'd like to ask that idiot what he knows about them. How much time has he spent on this subject? he's part of the problem, him and Tyson and Nye. Kaku is close but not too bad. It's probably more of an individual experience kinda thing so I wouldn't believe ANYTHING the WH says about it. Like all of a sudden we're gonna get the truth? The problem the whole time has been that our government has no control over it and they don't want to admit it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join