It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[PETS] A rare and special visitor to my property today.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by jiggerj

Actually just to show you ignorance comes in all forms, this is my extent of knowledge of skunks....

Haha yes my exact impression of skunks. Although I did see 'the turte man' catch some a couple weeks back on his tv show. Annnnd I'm sure this show depicts parts of the USA truthfully
< sarcasm of course.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
Cool pics.

I wish I had Koalas in my backyard. They would be much more pleasant than skunks.

Awww - don't be dissin' skunks.
I LOVE skunks...until they find a way under the porch, and dig a den...and have their babies...and try to raise them there...and get startled in the middle of the night (quite often)...in the winter...and you have to open all the windows and doors, and get every fan in the entire house blowing (out)...until your eyes stop watering and every breath isn't half-filled with green fumes...
I do, though, love skunks.
One night, I stepped outside (to smoke)... We fed a brood of virtually grown kittens just outside that door. The outside light was "out"... One of the "kittens" was black and long-haired... (oddly enough - we had named him "Wombat") ... Stepping through the doorway, I looked down, where I might normally see the kittens eating, and, thinking I was looking at Wombat, bent down to pet him...when it moved enough for me to catch sight of a white streak... The skunk simply waddled off.
Anyway - Yeah - I know they can cause tremendous problems - but - if not for the potency of their spray, I think they're cute.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I went out for a look to see if the Koala was still around.......No koala though, it looks like he's moved onto greener trees.

Nice property mate - I'm jealous

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Leave it to you mate. That was gold.

It's 7 1/2 acres total. The pic of him running along the ground is pretty much the front yard, you can just see the road past the trees.

I guess it wouldn't pay to tell you I paid about a quarter of it's value these days. That was pre 9/11 though.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Actually I was thinking if you guys in the States or even other parts of the world can, post up pics of things like that that are in your yard.

We take for granted things like the koala and the kangaroos here, but I'd love to see a photo of a skunk or a squirrel in someone's yard, because we never see things like that here.

edit on 29-11-2012 by 74Templar because: edited text

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh wow Im literally jealous
so cool

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Perhaps I can find some desert wildlife to photogragh for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Cute little koalas

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

That'd be awesome.
It doesn't even have to be anything exotic, just the natives from your own local area.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Actually just to show you ignorance comes in all forms, this is my extent of knowledge of skunks....

Then this is one example where ignorance should not be denied.
They STINK!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Beautiful

Are they generally very shy then ?

QV.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Mostly lizards, snakes and bugs.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by qvision

This one didn't seem to mind the attention, but all the ones I've seen in parks are usually pretty shy. We found him again yesterday on my neighbour's property, just sitting up a gum tree chilling out. He's gone this morning though.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Omg, hey, how sweet is his face-- what a wonderful experience...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So cute!
nice visit

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
wow.. very cool!

Can you raise one as a pet in Australia?
just supply lots of food at your backyard to attract more Koalas.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by roche

No, they're a protected species I think. Only wildlife parks can keep them domestically.

They generally eat leaves from the eucalpyptus tree, so they usually hang out high up in the trees stuffing their face all day long. I think from memory they have to be fresh on the tree still, so no you couldn't just leave a branch out to attract them to your yard.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

Actually I was thinking if you guys in the States or even other parts of the world can, post up pics of things like that that are in your yard.

We take for granted things like the koala and the kangaroos here, but I'd love to see a photo of a skunk or a squirrel in someone's yard, because we never see things like that here.

edit on 29-11-2012 by 74Templar because: edited text

Just bumping this as I think it would be interesting to get the weirdest 'aminals' in the world; all together on ATS.

Hey you've all seen a platypus ... what have you got ?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

that's ..

is..

just

plain ..

AWESOME ~!!!!!!! LOL.. Ol' Peppy

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Trustfund

Never seen a skunk though...

You'll usually smell it first before actually seeing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join