It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese man blows life savings on ark to escape Apocalypse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

people are idiots. If flooding was his concern, why not build a shelter on the high mountain. A boat? are you retarded?

And those fools in France....aliens buried in the hill huh?

ALL OF YOU...OFF MY PLANET!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That boat is going down as soon as the first elephant steps on board.

It will be an historic fail, followed by an elephant facepalm.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

So will the world also end on their long count calendar as well ?

From Wikipedia

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a popular belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun, at Long Count 13.0.0.0.0. The date on which the calendar will go to the next piktun (a complete series of 20 b'ak'tuns), at Long Count 1.0.0.0.0.0, will be on October 13, 4772.

Just like how every year on december 31 our calendar end too and we start a new year .

Just a scam to scare people to spend their money . It's less than a month away why are people still going to work if they truely think the world will end . If I had one month to live I would be living it up and not on ats making fun of some Chinese dudes fear of death and his funny looking boat .
edit on 29/11/12 by freedomSlave because: ex text source

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well at least its not money wasted-its a roof over one's head.When nada happens on the 21st,he could rent it out as accomodation,and so recoup some of the money he spent on it.Its a 2nd home,whichever way you look at it.For the French folks waiting for a ufo to conveniently pop out of a hill/mountain top,i foresee nothing but the continuation of the everyday dreary same old same old when they come down from there after the 21st.And i think,THAT is when many people are gonna crack-too many are looking at this prophecy as a dramatic release from lives of dreary daily grind+problems+stress.Hell ive wished for it too,but i just dont think anything will happen.We the oppressed have to find a way to rid our world of our oppressors and their corrupt world system.And then face the biggest challenge of All-to refrain from turning into the oppressors ourselves,and starting the same mess all over again.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

So will the world also end on their long count calendar as well ?

From Wikipedia

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a popular belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun, at Long Count 13.0.0.0.0. The date on which the calendar will go to the next piktun (a complete series of 20 b'ak'tuns), at Long Count 1.0.0.0.0.0, will be on October 13, 4772.

Just like how every year on december 31 our calendar end too and we start a new year .

Just a scam to scare people to spend their money . It's less than a month away why are people still going to work if they truely think the world will end . If I had one month to live I would be living it up and not on ats making fun of some Chinese dudes fear of death and his funny looking boat .
edit on 29/11/12 by freedomSlave because: ex text source

I never said the world would end. I was simply trying to let you know that you sound like a moron when you say "The Mayans said the world won't end" as if there's only a handful of Mayans and they all live together, periodically releasing joint statements or something. Like I said, different sects of Mayan descendants have gone on record saying many different things about what they think the prophecy/calendar mean. That's all.
edit on 29-11-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Since it's MADE IN CHINA, he most probably will sink like the rest of us IF anything happens...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The village of Bugarach, at the feet of the French Pyrenees – believed to be the only place on the planet to be left standing after next month’s predicted apocalypse – has been closed for the occasion.

link

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

lol ok I will try to be more specific for you next time

edit on 29/11/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Would love to speak to this Chinese guy and ask him what evidence he has or found, for him to blow an entire life saving on something that is not entirely factual.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hmmm, people make fun of this guy for spendin all his cash on a hunch,
But nobody says a word when the likes of Rockefeller or Gates invest in the Norway doomsday seed vault

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmm, people make fun of this guy for spendin all his cash on a hunch,
But nobody says a word when the likes of Rockefeller or Gates invest in the Norway doomsday seed vault

"Doomsday seed vault" is just something us crazies thought up.

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault's mission is to provide a safety net against accidental loss of diversity in traditional genebanks. While the popular press has emphasized its possible utility in the event of a major regional or global catastrophe, it will certainly be more frequently accessed when genebanks lose samples due to mismanagement, accident, equipment failures, funding cuts and natural disasters. Such events occur with some regularity. In recent years, some national genebanks have also been destroyed by war and civil strife. There are some 1,400 "crop diversity collections" around the world, but many are in politically unstable or environmentally threatened nations.

edit on 29-11-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If that's is what he's building ..pic in the link .. then there's no way his boat is gonna survive any huge waves ..seriously .. 160 gees could have got him something better .. i like the round tough ball design ..float around on the water anywhere .. wish there was a pic of that ..

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Cool looking boat. I hope it's seaworthy because when the world does not end he will have to use this as his floating home. Perhaps he can travel the world and that will make up for the 160 thousand dollar investment.

Or, the world will flood, and millions of people will fight, or kill to take over his boat and they will all sink.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
They are saying that they are trying to persuade people to believe that 2012 isn't the end and now they are dealing with all these people freaking out....but they were the ones to blast rumors in the first place...MSM.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow. The man doesn't live in Fushan or Canton or Qingdao, or any other city by the ocean or great body of water. He lives in the Xinjiang province. North of the gobi desert. Just south of the siberian border and he's worried about floods.

I guess not everybody is a rocket scientist. He should be more worried about eating, plumbing and other basics not the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"The barely sea worthy boat, was designed by Lu himself"

Poor guy wasted some money. That monstrosity would only survive very calm water if it would survive water at all.

"Land lubber Lu, who lives thousands of miles from the sea"

Probably should have gone there to see actual boats prior to designing his own. Of course sitting there on the blocks "thousands of miles from the sea" where it will most likely remain, seaworthiness is really not too big an issue.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yea it looks like a top heavy house boat. It's draft i like 6 inches and it's superstructure start 5 feet above the water line. Good luck taking that thing down a river in a storm let alone a flooded apocalyptic planet.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Does Lu Zhenhai have a contingency plan when thousands of people start rushing to get on his boat? I thought guns were totally illegal in China?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It shouldn't be top heavy and it will float quite OK, but in saying that I must point out that this is not a boat you want to take in any swell larger than around 0.5-1m.

I figure its a good investment for him, because when 2013 arrives he will realize he can use it as a river ferry, tour, or holiday boat and bring in some steady money for his family.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i wonder if he was thinking about the 200 foot tall wave that will be hitting the side of that boat at 400 mph, hope he took that engineering into consideration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join