It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese man blows life savings on ark to escape Apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Lu Zhengai is so scared by the Mayan apocalypse, that’s he’s spent all his money - $160,000 - on building his very own Noah’s Ark.

“I’m afraid that when the end of the world comes in 2012, flood waters will destroy my house, so I took my life savings and invested in the construction of this boat. When the time comes everyone can take refuge in it,” he told the Chinese News Service.

From link.

Wow. I have heard many things, but to actually spend your life savings on building an ark to save yourself, well that takes some brass ones.
I'm all for prepping but, I couldn't put all my eggs in one basket.

This is the one thing I am worried about more than any doomsday scenario. At least with a doomsday scenario it should be a quick exit, but, how many more people are planning something like this? Are they all going to be as passive or will this escalate to violence?

This is in the same article:

Meanwhile in France, believers in the apocalypse have flooded to Pic de Bugarach, a mountain in the south west of the country, convinced that when doomsday strikes a space ship may burst out of the hillside and aliens will carry them off to safety.

Sound familiar? Heaven's gate cult believed something similar I believe. The world is getting scary.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You go Lu Zhengai!

Finally somebody with some common sense.

Watch, in the future they'll write some epic saga or holy scripture about the "Great uncle Lu" and his farsightedness saving mankind.

Could happen.

Lights a smoke.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wonder if he's selling tickets?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Meanwhile in France, believers in the apocalypse have flooded to Pic de Bugarach, a mountain in the south west of the country, convinced that when doomsday strikes a space ship may burst out of the hillside and aliens will carry them off to safety.

Man that link is a treasure trove of geniuses.
I hope they all remembered where they parked.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If all else fails, he can use his ark to transport illegal Chinese immigrants for money to help his poor cash inflow situation

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I think the following comment, from that link, sums it up best!

Tens of millions in America believe in the apocalipse and that Jesus is coming back to Israel, while tens of millions on the other side of the fence believe the polar ice caps will melt if we don't over-tax gasoline. I guess one myth is just as good as another. I mean, you gotta believe in something, right?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
When the time comes everyone can take refuge in it,” he told the Chinese News Service.

Who could down the man, he's willing to share. And all that pole ice is melting after all.

edit on 29-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

No offense, but if you really are "the gut", I must ask that you stay in the center of the boat and don't move too much.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

1.3 Billion Chinese and The GUT on the Great Uncle Lu's ark....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

More top heavy than my wife.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I sure hope he tests that out, because I'm pretty sure its top heavy.
That sucker is going to go right over then straight to the bottom.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You talking about my wife or the boat?

Sorry, it's late and I'm tired.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Guess he didn't get the memo . The Mayans never said it was the end of the world . Like all the end times things are just scams to sucker people into buying more useless junk . Like the people who spent their life savings on billboard advertisements with the supposedly return of christ a few months ago , or back to the y2k scam . lol

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Guess he didn't get the memo . The Mayans never said it was the end of the world .

That is incorrect.
There are prophecies that are contained the in the various Codices that do appear to predict the “end of this world”.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Like all the end times things are just scams to sucker people into buying more useless junk

It's not a Chinese "Junk" it's the Great Uncle Lu's "Ark"
After weeks of reviewing the data I'm going to have to agree with Defcon on this one

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You have some links for me to read? As funny as some of this 2012 stuff is, I do enjoy me some doom.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Another man who gets it

It's about time we started building our own arks, not to much time left til' December 21st....

SS

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
It's about time we started building our own arks, not to much time left til' December 21st....

Who says some of us haven't?

Ok, so, mine isn't as large or as sea worthy or even safe, Hell, I haven't started it yet but it will be impressive.

Everybody is invited to mine too.
BYOB of course.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by The GUT

No offense, but if you really are "the gut", I must ask that you stay in the center of the boat and don't move too much.

My Chinese nickname is Hung Low...but, yeah, my gut does add some extra weight too.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

I sure hope he tests that out, because I'm pretty sure its top heavy.
That sucker is going to go right over then straight to the bottom.

Not if he puts me in the bottom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join