It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detecting the Soul.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by AfterInfinity

my dad made a pact with his dad that if one died before the other
he would come back and tell the other so when granddad died
he never showed up so my dad always said when your dead your dead

then nan died last year and after the service had passed and
ashes put with granddads weeks had gone by when one day
he was sat watching the tv (now dads not got very good eyes
since his mini strokes)out the corner of his eye
he spots nan stood in the doorway to the living room
my mum was there she never saw nan
but he gets up walks up to nan and says its time to go now mum
and she vanished,sadly he thinks it was all in his head

when my mums dad died this was before i was born(im 42)
granddad haunted my mum for months the only place he
could not follow her was half way up the stairs
he never spoke and one day mum said dad just go please
and he never came back

just thought id put that out there

Reminds me of a family story of my own...
My Mom's mother died 3 months b/f I was born.
Back then, when giving birth, the idiot doctors would put a woman under anesthesia and use forceps to deliver the baby. (Obviously they were men, or they would know that being unconscious would be helpful during the horrible contractions and NOT the pushing stage, but whatever.)

So anyway, after the birth (of ME!) but still while she was under... she had a vision of her mother materializing thru the window of the 2nd story hospital room. Reportedly, her mother said, "Come with me, Adell... it's beautiful up here..." To which my mother recounts saying, "No, I have this new baby to take care of, and my three other children."

Now this could well be chalked up to a dream-like state, were it not for the words of the lady who shared her room. She said the alarm went off, and people rushed in, and they had trouble getting my mother awake and/or keeping her conscious. At one point the lady said she heard a doctor say "We're losing her..." But suddenly she snapped out of it, and no more problems.

Also, when my mother got home from the hospital with me, she started to sit in the rocking chair with me, which is where my grandmother always sat; and my sister- two years old screamed "No, don't sit on Grandma!"

Things that make you go hmmm...

WOW
let me share this with you
when my twins were born alfie came first (8lb 7oz) apgar 9
20 mins later emily(7lb8oz) came breach (bum first) not breathing life less (apgar 3) and cold
the team were working on her and i could see the panic in their eyes as she lay there
on the heated bench one doing the heart thing and the other giving oxygen looking at
each other with that look of we have lost her
and then out of nowhere the door opens some old lady comes in leans over them
and smacks emily(which they are not allowed to do as its abuse:puz

the shock of being slapped made emily take her first breath and then cry
i remember shouting "thats what i want to here"
and then the old lady left the room straight away we never got to know who she was
to this day i believe it was her G A
10 min after she was apgar 9 and we came home the next day

ill never forget that
i know its off topic but i wanted to share this with you
edit on 30/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

reply to post by Hijinx

i had sage once before it was taboo its what indians put in their pipes
(of the cow boys and indians type)
and i swear i felt my soul it was so fantastic and scary at the same time
now i know why they called it the peace pipe

anyway thats how i detected/believed in my soul
when you think about it maybe thats why they killed off
many of the indians and their way to live of the land
edit on 29/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

Okay, don't get me wrong here, because there is evidence to suggest the effects of certain herbs and drugs heighten our senses, but is it also possible the Herbs created a hallucination or sensation you interpreted as your soul? I personally have a hard time taking anything anyone says about spirits, souls, paranormal while using a substance to achieve that ability. How do you know you are not just high out of your mind? Not saying you were in this instance, but I hear stories all the time of people taking powerful hallucinogens and claiming they experienced god.

thats ok
i only had one lung full and that was enough for me
dont get me wrong but i have had lucy i the sky with diamonds and magic mushrooms before
and never had hallucinations before
it was a feeling within myself like i said it was fantastic and scary

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

i had sage once before it was taboo its what indians put in their pipes
(of the cow boys and indians type)

I thought they smoked tobacco through those peace pipes

sage is in the mint family of herbs

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

WOW
let me share this with you
when my twins were born alfie came first (8lb 7oz) apgar 9
20 mins later emily(7lb8oz) came breach (bum first) not breathing life less (apgar 3) and cold
the team were working on her and i could see the panic in their eyes as she lay there
on the heated bench one doing the heart thing and the other giving oxygen looking at
each other with that look of we have lost her
and then out of nowhere the door opens some old lady comes in leans over them
and smacks emily(which they are not allowed to do as its abuse:puz
the shock of being slapped made emily take her first breath and then cry
i remember shouting "thats what i want to here"
and then the old lady left the room straight away we never got to know who she was
to this day i believe it was her G A
10 min after she was apgar 9 and we came home the next day

ill never forget that
i know its off topic but i wanted to share this with you

What an amazing and beautiful story! I do believe it is on topic, insomuch as your precious baby was considered lifeless until the mysterious stranger caused her to gasp her first breath of life. Oh the questions that spurs inside of me! Like...

Was baby Emily's life-essence, or 'soul' lingering near her tiny, lifeless body just waiting to gain entry? Was it within her until her heart stopped beating, or does the soul become one with the body at birth? What DOES breath have to do with the soul? It is referenced so much in regards to it, seems to me. Such as... the 'last breath' of a dying person-- people have reported seeing the soul depart the body.

Emily's story reminds me of an amazing story told to me by a lady I worked with years ago. She came prematurely, limp and lifeless, to a dying mother. Considered dead at birth, she was placed on a cart shoved off to the side while the doctors tried desperately to save her mother. They were not successful.

The old black lady whose job was custodial, was instructed to take the tiny lifeless form to the basement (morgue.) Instead, this lady slips into the bathroom with the baby, pulls out her flask of liquor, and places a single drop on the baby's tongue, causing it to gasp. She then gently messages the heart, and the body begins to animate. She slaps its little rear and the crying begins in earnest, and the color returns to the infant child, who was taken for dead moments ago by the "experts." What inspired this old woman to fight for the life of this baby who had laid on the cart, lifeless, for untold minutes? Did she sense a lingering soul awaiting entry? Here we go with 'The Breath" again. Mind you, all this happened in the 40's!

(Note to Add: The woman who told me her story was a REALLY irritating personality. I was always nice to her, but she really got on my nerves. After she told me her story, I just saw her in a whole new light. She survived thru such mysterious circumstances, I was sure she was meant to be. Her irritating ways paled in comparison to the miracle of her existence. Funny how that happens, huh?)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
sorry, but I dont recall anyone going to court over 911. and murders usually pay for their crimes and in this nation there is no statue of limitations on 1st degree capital murder.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I have posted on this topic before. I suppose I just need to keep it on my hard drive so I can post it over and over.

It starts with the Book of Genesis. God made man, breathed into the lifeless body the Breath of Life, and man became a living soul.

There you have it. People have been searching for the "soul" for centuries, but it turns out that you don't have a soul - you ARE a soul. Solved.

.......... really? Faith, I know is a powerful thing, but I can't follow the If you believe it its' true, if you don't you're going to hell mentality. A lot of religions are beautiful and wonderful, in some regards, but many have contradictions and holes that EXTREME believers abuse. As well, many holy texts have been diluted, rewritten, translated over and over. The message is beautiful, how true the word is to god, I don't know. I'm not overly religious, I don't necessarily believe in god as others have written him. I believe we came from a source of energy, that energy is in all of us and everything. What you call it, that's up to you. What it is, I don't know, nor do I know I ever will. Do I believe in a soul, I don't know, depends on what " The soul" is supposed to be. I'm curious to find that out how ever.

Your faith is yours, and I do not wish to challenge it. If the answer you have provided satisfies you, I'm happy for you but for me it is not an answer. It's a proclamation. Thank you for your input, I do value it but unfortunately religion does not provide answers for my needs.

Thank you again, and I do appreciate it. I'm sorry if I came off raw or rude, It truly is not my intention.

You seem unsure of many things, but I can say with confidence that the first mention of "soul" is in Genesis 2:7, so any discussion of "soul" must begin there.

This: " As well, many holy texts have been diluted, rewritten, translated over and over." is a common opinion, but not an informed one, as the Holy Bible is the most accurately transmitted document to come down to us from antiquity. Bad translations aside, the Biblical text is so close to the original autographs that no meaning is altered in any significant way.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Is the soul the first thing a new born baby breaths in ,now thats a thought
and be our accounts seems plausable
its weird how the old black lady knew what to do
and how the old lady just came in our room and knew what to do

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Pretty simple really.

Just 10 minutes a day, sit with your eyes closed, just sit.

No need to 'do' anything, just sit with eyes closed.

Mind, thoughts? No matter, just continue to sit for 10 minutes a day.

Watching the breath? not important, just sit with eyes closed for 10 minutes a day.

It can happen instantly or it can take lifetimes, so just sit with your own self, in the open surrounded by people and noise, or alone in your room, does not matter, what does matter is just sitting for 10 minutes a day until the question no longer matters.
edit on 30-11-2012 by antar because: r

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
instruments will only detect pressure.

u will know the soul when you feel it.

the commenters on the thread all have good input but each also has placed in their statements some assumptions. forgiveable as they are blind and without feeling. not feeling to iron it all out now but to answer the OP.

in the same way the touch of a living organism can be distinguished from the touch of a dead or inanimate object. a living being can detect the touch of the soul and differentiate it from the touch of 'pressure'. which scientists will dance around without explaining the answer to a direct question of "what is pressure" for ages(off topic).

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
By virtue of experiment about 20% of the population experience Near Death Experiences. One issue that has taken the forefront, is the matter of experiences prior to finding onset among relatives or or love seeming almost physical. Patient who awaken after the heart stops past 10 seconds, relate information about what was going on after 10 seconds of the heart stopping. the problem is that after 10 seconds of the heart stopping, there is no electrical activity to the brain...there can be no thoughts. Despite that 20% of what is likely to be the world population that survives a heart attack? Report details about there experiences after 10 seconds.

Take for example that that the ambulance driver was discussing a big game that he placed a bet with, the your caretaker in the ambulance.

People remember in detail that conversation despite the fact they did not have a pulse.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

When the heartbeat stops, a person is suffering clinical death – by definition, but consciousness is not lost until 15–20 seconds later. Without special treatment after circulation is restarted, full recovery of the brain after more than 3 minutes of clinical death at normal body temperature is rare. Anything longer will result in long term brain damage and a high likelihood that brain death will occur at a later time. If you do not have circulation to the brain for longer than 3 minutes you are in some pretty hot water. You do not lose consciousness for 15-20 seconds after your circulation is cut, beyond that you have 3 minutes before brain activity begins to cease. If your heart has not stopped for more than 3 minutes technically your brain is still alive. If you have been dead longer than this, your chances of coming back are slim, and likely to result in severe brain injury upon resuscitation. I have a hard time believing in " Near Death " experiences, because your subconscious is a miraculously confusing place. You are either dead( no chance of survival beyond 3 minutes with out serious brain injury) or still alive to some extent.

Different areas of the brain die at different speeds as well, so really you could be " Dead " for half an hour and parts of your brain can remain active.

Until your brain is "dead" you are not dead, when it's dead you're done.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

The heart charges and discharges electrify in the range of milliseconds, it is more than simply a pump. Take individuals who have survived being struck by lightening, the amount of energy is enormous.

At the instant they were struck by lightening, their heart just happened to be discharging, has it been charging the person would be dead.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Very interesting indeed, so I suppose we've deducted the soul is our consciousness at this time. Would our consciousness, memories, experiences be retained when they exit the body? The article seems to base this theory around the idea our brain is a biological computer, with in which the consciousness exists. So when it leaves the body, does it retain it's capabilities as in life?

Yes on both counts, though my shared perspective does not matter, what matters is that you are willing to Seek and therein will you eventually come to the element of Truth in diligence and sincere yearning in a hunger. I personally choose to knock on our Creator's Door for my Revelation (in prayer that He leads my path in a pure undoubting trust) and only included that piece because the modern world tends to listen moreso to men of science than men of faith who have been Rewarded in Ways at times not understood. I have aimed in Guidance to be rooted in the True Word of the Kingdom with it's Rewards of discernment Granted bestowed by the Holy Spirit which does the real Work in us (to see through the many deceptions here) for those in faith that turn to it's Power of Glory, that it may Guide Truly our consciousness in this world and beyond when we bear with it in adherence and trust (or lack of Trust in ignore-ance), and striving for obedience to what is Divinely Instilled in that Knowledge. The Kingdom knows our thoughts and our hearts and offers Gifts in many Ways according to such. It is your choice also to dismiss these words or to attempt to seek the veracity in them with a sincere and humble heart willing to take a 'leap of faith' in further attempts to discover the meaning in Truth of this existence and journey in balance, full of Divine wonders and despair.

In essence of Truth, this world is moreso the dream than the afterlife, where the veils are moreso lifted--therefore everything we do here matters absolutely because our souls have been planted in His garden in His Creation (including this current biological body we temporarily dwell in) to bear fruit and not be choked by the thorns of deception and strife by the forces of opposition here in universal balance.

The truth in this state of 'human' being is not always pleasant and that is why the temptation to shun it in this 'fallen' state of the world is so strong in many who cleave only to their most carnal senses without acknowledging the many Mysteries we are all Called to Seek.

Blessings to you on your path of seeking brother, because you come across as genuinely sincere in that position.
christianbookshelf.org...
edit on 1-12-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
reply to post by Hijinx

Very interesting indeed, so I suppose we've deducted the soul is our consciousness at this time. Would our consciousness, memories, experiences be retained when they exit the body? The article seems to base this theory around the idea our brain is a biological computer, with in which the consciousness exists. So when it leaves the body, does it retain it's capabilities as in life?

Yes on both counts, though my shared perspective does not matter, what matters is that you are willing to Seek and therein will you eventually come to the element of Truth in diligence and sincere yearning in a hunger. I personally choose to knock on our Creator's Door for my Revelation (in prayer that He leads my path in a pure undoubting trust) and only included that piece because the modern world tends to listen moreso to men of science than men of faith who have been Rewarded in Ways at times not understood. I have aimed in Guidance to be rooted in the True Word of the Kingdom with it's Rewards of discernment Granted bestowed by the Holy Spirit which does the real Work in us (to see through the many deceptions here) for those in faith that turn to it's Power of Glory, that it may Guide Truly our consciousness in this world and beyond when we bear with it in adherence and trust (or lack of Trust in ignore-ance), and striving for obedience to what is Divinely Instilled in that Knowledge. The Kingdom knows our thoughts and our hearts and offers Gifts in many Ways according to such. It is your choice also to dismiss these words or to attempt to seek the veracity in them with a sincere and humble heart willing to take a 'leap of faith' in further attempts to discover the meaning in Truth of this existence and journey in balance, full of Divine wonders and despair.

In essence of Truth, this world is moreso the dream than the afterlife, where the veils are moreso lifted--therefore everything we do here matters absolutely because our souls have been planted in His garden in His Creation (including this current biological body we temporarily dwell in) to bear fruit and not be choked by the thorns of deception and strife by the forces of opposition here in universal balance.

The truth in this state of 'human' being is not always pleasant and that is why the temptation to shun it in this 'fallen' state of the world is so strong in many who cleave only to their most carnal senses without acknowledging the many Mysteries we are all Called to Seek.

Blessings to you on your path of seeking brother, because you come across as genuinely sincere in that position.
christianbookshelf.org...
edit on 1-12-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

That was beautiful, absolutely brilliant words. I'm near speechless. I've said it a few times through out the thread. I am not out to discredit faith, nor do I frown upon those that have it. I believe faith is what drives us, and when we really sit down to analyze it, it's the unknown itself that motivates and drives us forward. We live in a wonderfully beautiful world, full of so many questions and so many more answers. I can't help but be curious, and I've had many on the religious side of things strike me down for my questions, but I truly mean know harm I'm just looking to find my own understanding.

Thank you very very much for your participation, your words quite literally warmed my heart.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

the commenters on the thread all have good input but each also has placed in their statements some assumptions. forgiveable as they are blind and without feeling. not feeling to iron it all out now but to answer the OP.

in the same way the touch of a living organism can be distinguished from the touch of a dead or inanimate object. a living being can detect the touch of the soul and differentiate it from the touch of 'pressure'. which scientists will dance around without explaining the answer to a direct question of "what is pressure" for ages(off topic).

Soul, grace, spirits and light are just words and intellectual things until you experiance it. People/humans make understanding difficult since the have not quantified the different definitions in a good way so you can scientificlly/with a ego disconnected mind really evaluate where you are, what you are and what you have experianced and as long as the definitions are different not real understanding by those who have not experianced it will be made. The one who is seeking and have not found will make a big deal of experiances striving to get them. The one who have experianced will after a while think of it as the new Normal and not think so much about it.

You can intellectually know, read and understand everything about how to swim in the mind. But the experiance of swimming is something else.

But then Omage we both know you "KNOW" a few things that not all people around you have experianced and that is why you are sometimes feel disconnected even angry at people because of fustration of them not getting you. Or am I reading you wrong and maybe even projecting?

I love you in my own way Omage

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

That was beautiful, absolutely brilliant words. I'm near speechless. I've said it a few times through out the thread. I am not out to discredit faith, nor do I frown upon those that have it. I believe faith is what drives us, and when we really sit down to analyze it, it's the unknown itself that motivates and drives us forward. We live in a wonderfully beautiful world, full of so many questions and so many more answers. I can't help but be curious, and I've had many on the religious side of things strike me down for my questions, but I truly mean know harm I'm just looking to find my own understanding.

Thank you very very much for your participation, your words quite literally warmed my heart.

There is faith of god/something more and then there is faith that a religion is true just because a person brainwashes himself/herslef to belive it is in a certain way. I do not mind faith in something god/more and activly seeking god.

I do mind religions saying their way is the only way and not questioning what they are being told by humans not god about god.

Below is an example from my point of view.
Christianety have 3 of the apostles that are giving the message that Jesus spoke. The fourth apostle was and is not a messenger of Jesus but a messenger of his own ego and the building of the church/view is more important to that apostle than getting souls to find home to god.

And that is why we got the middle ages with stupid human dogma with small scientific progress and the death of any spirituality that was apposed to the monstrocity that was more in the way of humans finding their way home than a help.

Have faith in god and god will find you. Have faith in religion and god might reject you as a fool who judge based on duality viewpoints and cannot achive christ conciousness (drop of ego mind and knowledge of falsehood of duality).

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I came across a very interesting book that i just started reading - Robert Lanza - Biocenrism, here is a link:
Biocentrism

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You may want to watch the video below and the others kinked with it. There was a much longer version of it I viewed a while back. They set up a laser grid on a hospital roof and when someone died they would get anamolies on the grid directly above the locale the death occured - the soul departing?

Proof of Life After Death - using Lasers on a hospital roof top. (Part 1.)
www.youtube.com...

Also
www.ghostengineers.com...

WE BELIVE WE MAY HAVE JUST PROVED THE EXISTENCE OF THE HUMAN SOUL AT TWO ADDITIONAL HOSPITALS. We have now tested five different hospitals and arrived at the same results. As before, our equipment detected something rising through the roofs within minutes of a patient's death down below inside the hospital. Our test case now includes five different hospitals in five different cities around Los Angeles.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Macdon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by 0mage

Soul, grace, spirits and light are just words and intellectual things until you experiance it. People/humans make understanding difficult since the have not quantified the different definitions in a good way so you can scientificlly/with a ego disconnected mind really evaluate where you are, what you are and what you have experianced and as long as the definitions are different not real understanding by those who have not experianced it will be made. The one who is seeking and have not found will make a big deal of experiances striving to get them. The one who have experianced will after a while think of it as the new Normal and not think so much about it.

You can intellectually know, read and understand everything about how to swim in the mind. But the experiance of swimming is something else.

But then Omage we both know you "KNOW" a few things that not all people around you have experianced and that is why you are sometimes feel disconnected even angry at people because of fustration of them not getting you. Or am I reading you wrong and maybe even projecting?

I love you in my own way Omage

neh.. i dont get angry because ppl dont get me. the only ppl that dont get my words it's because they dont want to. theyve created their bubble and will be darned if it ever gets popped. even tho that bubble will pop regardless.. if not thru some epiphany during their lifetime then certainly upon death. just like money etc.. they cant take the bubble with them past the grave. but that is their prerogative to delay thoughts of the inevitable if they so choose. i have to respect their free will
just as they should respect others'.

if ur the only swimmer on a capsized boat, 2 ppl from the boat hear your words and calm down and stop panicking and hold on to ur shoulders and also kick to help propel the water as u instructed, the other 2 are pushing you off and 1 is indecisive. there comes a point where you will have to take the 2 that listened and unfortunately admit. u cant save them all.

edit on 1-12-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This was, has been, is still an area of great interest of mine. However, I feel that I have come upon a conclusion (thus so far) and am done with the subject (for some time at least). I will keep it short. Do not take my word for this, find out for yourself. Perhaps I am skewed because of my upbringing and culture, just as any of us. What I mean is, do not let culture and bias do the thinking, have an open mind or you will get nowhere new.

I do not or did have an agenda on this. I believed the truth of this was nowhere near approachable or tangible so I took the stance of intellectual honesty, the: I don't know, nor can we for some time. I considered religion for the weak minded or gullible vulnerables, the fools or unlucky and kept it at that. I discovered however, that there are actually fields that prove insight in the being of our being, and decided to give it a read and thought, after all, I was curious.

I have read a lot on matters such as near death experiences, out of body experiences, regression hypnosis, shamanism, parapsychology, reincarnation, ancient religion and mediumship. There are actually open minded people with honest approaches researching and theorizing on these things. My conclusion (at the moment) is that it is all part of the same wider story, that yes, consciousness (or soul) exists. It is not only, because the phenomena mentioned in one particular subject, across cultures and time, are identical. But the phenomena across the subjects are either similar or match eachother perfectly. Do not underestimate the weight of this alinea.

The biggest hurdle into bridging such knowledge to a human being, is that the perspective of a human and it's experience is not capable or suited to absorb or understand it fully. How to convey something that is completely out of the human experience, into human understanding.

I am now of the opinion that the oldest honest religions (those not abused, through misinterpretation, mistranslation, miss-use) and their sources (such as The Egyptian Book of the Dead, Bardo Thodol, Bhagavad Gita) already knew of these things and tried to convey them in our understandable terms.

Read some books on these subjects and come upon your own conclusions, I am nowhere near infallible.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Rodriguez because: perceived spelling mistake

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join