It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Favorite Pizza? Specifics required...Pictures Welcomed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Let me know how you like it.

It's awesome.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thick crust, sausage, pepperoni, bacon and of course lots of cheese.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

I have to do all the work..go find a picture and save it, upload to Ats and post it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ugh...that is nasty looking...maybe with cream gravy...thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
For a 16 incher - that would HAVE to be a double cut for me (16 pieces).

I'm having a little GRRRRrrrrrrrr-attack just even IMAGINING a pizza with ONLY three toppings and not EVERYTHING.

I don't have pictures; and I'm not a pizza-lover, but I DO have a quicky recipe I made for a knife and fork (spoon-it) pizza. I made it several times and it's a week's worth of food for a family of three.

Make up your tomatoe sauce. I use homegrown basil, oregano, pressed garlic and tomatoe paste with about 1 part tomatoe sauce to 3 parts tomatoe paste. Cook it then let it cool. Flavors will blend together better if you let them sit in the fridge for a day. Make the day before if you can.

Cut LOTS of extra fresh herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, the white bulb end of green onions cut extremely thin, and parsley) for the topping. At least a whole cup's worth of fresh herbs.

----------------------------------------

Cut either small OR fancy and thin:

Yellow, red and green bell pepper. You don't need a lot - so - there will be leftovers. Choose the shapeliest pieces.

Center slice of red, yellow and white onions cut VERY thin, almost 2-paper-thickness' thin. (Just the equator of the alliums.) Separate the rings.

----------------------------------------

Slice a pepperoni sausage roll about as thick as quarters (American coin.)

Fry Canadian bacon - drain all the fat. Let the cooked bacon sit on paper towels to get out any grease. There's also some pre-cooked Canadian bacon in vacuum-sealed packages in the stores that you can use instead.

Fry (in a different fry pan) - ground pork which you've mashed into little balls. Again, DE-GREASE the little porkers by draining and placing on paper towels.

Shred - mozerella, sharp chedder, and Monterey jack cheeses. Go ahead and toss in a bowl, mixing GENTLY with a fork. Feel free to use any THREE cheeses you choose. I like Swiss cheese but it doesn't grate or melt well.

Slice very thin - whole, fresh, seeded jalapenoes. A 12" pizza takes about 2-3 large jalapenos.

Slice button mushrooms into coin shapes that are about 1 and 1/2 times a quarter's thickness. (American coin.)

Drain a LARGE can of SLICED and pitted black olives. (Or if you slice and pit them yourself - use two cans.)

You can make a THICK pizza dough your own way - OR - use the Lazy Woman's Way. Take a bunch (2, 3, or 4) of cans of refrigerator biscuits rolls out of the fridge and let them get close to room temperature while you chop up the last of your ingredients.

When the ingredients are all ready - plop the refrigerator biscuits on an ungreased pizza pan. Put a single layer of biquits, all exactly next to each other (touching). Mash the bisquit edges with your CLEAN fingers so that there is no gap and it all forms one solid bisquit shape the size of the pizza pan. It's quick and easy. Make sure you don't have holes! Don't over mash.

This is DEEP DISH pizza so make sure your pizza pan is DEEP.

Now the Construction Process which is really intuitive and probably doesn't need instructions.

Spread a dollop of the tomatoe paste on the pizza dough. Use a spreading knife to spread it to the edges. Don't make this THICK as that would make the dough SOGGY. A nice, thin, solid red "painting" of the pizza dough canvas.

Sprinkle on a spotty-layer of fresh cut herbs. Don't make this a solid cover.

Next, those rolly-polly sausage balls are forever rolling off of our pizzas and I hate that so ... I place them on first and PRESS them into the dough - making sure I only press them down halfway and not all the way through the dough.

Sprinkle on a few small fingerfulls of the mixed cheeses.

Now, start layering - make sure largest sized ingredients are either lower down the pizza tower OR are secured by other ingredients.

Toss on sprinkles of the mixed cheese and fresh cut herbs after every three layers of other main ingredients.

Keep layering. Don't plop all of one ingredient down at once. Dollops of the tomatoe paste sauce are dabbed here and there when you can't see the lower layer of red anymore. A basting brush works well.

The final top layer shouldn't have the cheeses and herbs. The Canadian bacon goes well on top and the sliced bell peppers pretty it up.

Cook! Use the refridgerator dough can's suggested temperature but it will take a LOT longer. I cook with my nose - but - you can keep an eye on it with oven lights and the door window. You do NOT want to keep opening the oven to check it!

Serve with shovels and bath towels!

Optional - I use homegrown shallots. You may not have those on hand.

edit on 29/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

Sheesh ok here you go...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Holy Cow...overkill anyone...umm gee..you sure went to alot of trouble for someone ....

I'm not a pizza-lover

Thanks for sharing though here is a picture for your effort...

You didn't specify your dough...but who is nitpicky

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
You didn't specify your dough...but who is nitpicky

It is thick dough, it HAS to be thick dough to hold the 2 to 4 inch layer of goodies on top!
edit on 29/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You're all amateurs!!

I give you, the Poutine Pizza ! ! !

Cheese
Gravy
French Fries

Love.

A true Canadian dish.

~Tenth
edit on 11/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

I hate to say it but that looks really gross! (I'm sure it tastes better than it looks because well it almost has to.)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Yeah but at least he offered his choice...you disappeared without participating...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Yeah but at least he offered his choice...you disappeared without participating...

I'm simple I like Pizza Hut MeatLovers pan crust with extra cheese and pineapples.
No pic but I'm feeling lazy.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
For me, definitely pineapple pizza. I love all kinds but this is hands down my favorite. I enjoy a thin or medium crust. Plenty of cheese and small bits of pineapples. I really love margherita pizzas as well on a very thin crust but I decided to pick the pineapple one for this thread.

It's one of those pizzas that everyone either loves or hates and I happen to love it. =)
edit on 29-11-2012 by Cherry0 because: Forgot to add something....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Thin crust, chedder cheese sause, mozzarella cheese, hamburger, green oilves, jalapenos and sorry one more topping bacon! I use to work for pizza place and this was my fav by far! It kinda tastes like a philly cheese steak pizza but ten times better! Cut in squares of course. I think the squares make the pizza look bigger.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattthew

Thin crust, chedder cheese sause, mozzarella cheese, hamburger, green oilves, jalapenos and sorry one more topping bacon! I use to work for pizza place and this was my fav by far! It kinda tastes like a philly cheese steak pizza but ten times better! Cut in squares of course. I think the squares make the pizza look bigger.

Oh, I like the square ones the best! Does anyone remember the big rectangular pizzas from Little Caesar's way back when? Those were pretty awesome.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I'm simple I like Pizza Hut MeatLovers pan crust with extra cheese and pineapples.
No pic but I'm feeling lazy.

There you go thanks for the effort, you will have to find your own pineapple though.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Thanks. Does it at least have extra cheese?

(I'll just take some pineapple from CherryO's)

edit on 29-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

decided to save you the calories...little pudge around the waist there...

Just be glad I don't tell you some things about Pizza Hut ....

edit on 11/29/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Im disapointed Heff .. no bacon on your pizza
WTH is going on ?
(Edit: dunno why i though you were heff
)
sorry Tenth

only Heff could come up with such gross picture (reflex) ahah
poutine on a pizza .. is blasphemy

my fav pizza .. PEPPERONI Look at this one mmmm

i would be full after 2 pieces

reply to post by SloAnPainful

Looks really good !
exactly my kind of pizza to

nvm .. i see mushroom and ognion in your pizz

wish i could take my star back now

edit on 11/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Never say bad things about Pizza Hut!!!!

Actually I usually make my own pizza.

Y do u keep giving me the "
" thing? I've been nice to you so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join