It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cannot handle this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well let me see, my mother is pacing the house agitated because of her pain pills for her cancer , she can't get the rest she needs. My older brother is starting to go blind from Multiple Sclerosis, dad has a giant lump the size of a raised quarter on his wrist due to him picking at his skin. My younger brother has a lump in his back from working too much....I'm sorry, this is hard for me to grasp anymore.

The other half of my family keeps saying "pray to our oh Merciful God"..I might offend a few people but I'm praying "oh Merciless God please don't look upon thee and smite me.

I just don't get it, my family is literally falling apart, we are pretty much using "borrowed" internet, but on the bright side I did ask our neighbor first, she didn't mind so I am thankful for that.

The power bill is over due, the rented washing machine is getting taken by Sunday, the Gas bill is overdue, ramen noodles have become dear friends and to top things off I stepped out of the car and got a shoe full off water.

What in the name of whatever did I do to have my whole life thrown into this state of disarray?

My dad told me he has been thinking of doing Illegal things to make money for the house..I told him if he does I am leaving and taking the power bill with me.

I know desperation can make people do dumb things but I can't protect this whole family, if I believed in curses I would swear we are cursed

Sorry it is just beginning to really wear me down, and everyone says be strong, we are one step away from losing our home, one step away from no food, and one step away from no gas or power..and at this time I learned mom does not have any money for burial arrangements if the worse does happen.

What happens in situations like this? do they just burn the body? do they hold it somewhere? so much on my mind and all you guys get to deal with me, I am sorry, thank you for allowing me to vent yet again.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm just so sorry for you. That's some really heavy stuff.

I don't have any answers but I can give you a virtual (((hug))) and say a prayer.

I really hope things get better for you and your family.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
hey man

im sorry for that things happend to you
i wish i can help you
i dont know what to say. ..
i wish u all the best.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thank you, i hate coming here to vent, just don't have anyone to talk to, dad can't handle the talking about mom and my two younger brothers are at work, the older ones just don't understand me so I feel all alone.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarlia

no problem man, i understand
u can talk to us,
at least with me

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm really sorry about the illness in your family and the financial problems. I don't know what to say other than that you surely aren't alone.

Sometimes it really feels like you just can't catch a break at all and it's very sad that so many people are in these situations.

As for burial there is an option to sign that you can't pay with the coroner and the state will either bury or cremate. If they cremate you can receive the ashes but there is a fee. If you can't pay the fee the ashes go into a communal grave. That's the way it was when I was in that situation and I imagine it's still the same. I hope you don't have to deal with that for a long time though.

I really hope things get better for you and your family.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thank you, if the worst does happen I don't want my mom buried in a communal grave, I am looking into donating plasma, I mean it won't be much but if i put it aside, there will at least be money for end of life costs.

Just wish my mom would quit "padding" around on the floor, I can haer each scuff of her foot and her pacing is making me nervous, already called her doctor and i'm waiting for a reply to see if her medicine is supposed to be doing this

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Perhaps a truth joke will help?

to top things off I stepped out of the car and got a shoe full off water.

When I step INTO the car I get a shoe full of water!

Someone once said laughter is the best form of medicine... Sometimes it is REALLY hard to see what there is to laugh about...

Hope things start looking up for you soon...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear this friend.

I will tell you what I tell myself when I am down...

At least I wasn't born into a 3rd world country where I would have to walk 5 miles for a drink of dirty water.

At least I have a roof over my head, at least I can hop on the Nets. and chat with my buddies.

The fact is, we're so lucky to have been born in 1st world, western nations.

Hope this helps, I have a hard time putting my thoughts down on paper sometimes

SS

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I actually saw the joke when it happened, and any other year, it would of been a laugh, this year it is more of like ..ARE YOU FRIGGING SERIOUS?..

On a small bright side, I found an umbrella on the sidewalk

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I completely understand that.

It's so hard to watch someone you love go through such a terrible sickness and it's understandable that with everything going on, you would feel agitated, nervous and even just plain mad.

I think here last I knew you could sell plasma twice a week for either 50 or 80 dollars each time. I'm sorry I can't remember exactly how it worked.

I wish I had better advice and some sort of way to comfort you.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I know, there are a lot of things i am grateful for, it is just those things are trying to slip from my life, and i am trying hard to hold onto them.

If we lose our home, we have no roof, well mom and dad will because our sister has room for 2 people and it would be mom and dad always before me or my brothers.

As for me and my brothers, not a clue what would happen to us, that is why I am fighting hard to keep things going.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Heck even if they give 10 dollars for my plasma, it is better then nothing, and it will add up, now I need to beg on craigslist for a darn washing machine before ours is snatched from us.

Never figured i would be begging, but my grandfather taught me, beggars cannot be choosers, it was honest and true advice, wish he was still with me now.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No the joke/truth is that our car is leaking and as we live in the UK where it always rains our footwell is full of water, so I get a shoe full of water when I step in... You should count yourself lucky that it only happens when you step out...

Free brolly is always a bonus...

On a serious note, maybe your dads suggestion is not such a bad idea? There is nothing morally wrong with it... Just a one timer to get your heads above water and relieve a little stress?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
On a serious note, maybe your dads suggestion is not such a bad idea? There is nothing morally wrong with it... Just a one timer to get your heads above water and relieve a little stress?

Yes but it only takes one time to get caught and the last thing she or he would need would be to have Dad in jail/prison on top of everything else.

--
OP: selling plasma is a good idea for now also check out all the resources you can find in your area for low income people and also for homeless just in case.

Craigslist is awesome for finding cheap and even free things that you need. We got a refrigerator for free once on Craigslist and there wasn't a thing wrong with it except that it was older and the people wanted something nicer.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I have been thinking about dads idea, and I know on one hand it would help us get a foot hold back from all this but on the other hand if he was caught, that would be even worse for our family and would add more stress to mom.

[SNIP]
edit on 29-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed reference to illegal activities

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

See? that's what I am afraid of, I know my dad is in desperation and in denial about mom and I think he might do the illegal stuff no matter what i say to try to convince him.

Mom doesn't need this, heck, we all "don't" need this, I don't even care about having a Christmas or stupid gifts, I just want my family to use their heads,

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Is your Father working? Are your brothers contributing to the household finances? Even if you and your brothers have to find an apartment for now, you could all contribute to the financial upkeep and food. Welfare is available if you qualify. Maybe someone you know could have a fund raiser toward funeral costs. God, I don't know, but you need to talk to a social worker and fast! They have options that I'm sure you're not even aware of.

You are going through so much and I know it's driving you crazy and how frustrated you must feel. Please try to contact a social worker so they can start the ball rolling and help your family. My thoughts, heart and prayers are still with you Honey.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I mean it is not as illegal as stealing or hurting people or a lot of things, but i never thought we would be so far down that it would come to this

Come to what? Tell me, do you look down at a bar owner? Or the bar tenders? Or how about a brewer? Alcohol kills millions of people all over the world every year!

Also the laws are written by people that do not even follow it themselves! Why do you care what they say? You do what you believe is morally right... There is zero immorality in voluntary exchange of anything! Especially something like what is proposed... Also may I suggest looking into the pain relief benefits for cancer patients (of the said product)? Not to mention possible cures...

When you drive do you think of the risk that you may crash and die? Why not? It happens to hundreds if not thousands of people every year! That doesn't even count the thousands left with severe disabilities... Everything has risks! Walking down the road entails a risk...

Edit: A little statistic for you... Someone dies on the road every 16 minutes in the US... Everything is just risk assessment...
edit on 28-11-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Dad lost his job in April, about 18 days before we found out mom had cancer, my two younger brothers and myself are trying to keep things going.

My older brothers are no help, one has Multiple Sclerosis and is loosing his eyesight and the other brother is just a darn good for nothing leech, but mom said we are keeping the family together, if it was up to me, i would of tossed him out a year ago,

not meaning to be rude, he is just bad news

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join