It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught on video making fun of girl with cerebral palsy sentenced to jail

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yes let him rot in jail...
After the bigger bullys have finished with him .. we'll see how he likes walking with a limp ..
He was actually teaching his kid to make fun fun of that little girl .. some people have absolutely lost their humanity ..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by snarky412

I think he just needs a good ole' fashioned ass whoopin'!

I volunteer.

Kudos to you, Sir. My thoughts exactly. If I was the girl's father, it would probably be ME doing a stretch of time while that chump took a little vacation.......in traction.
Then he would have a genuine reason to walk in an unusual manner.
I don't really agree with violence, and I know it's not politically correct, but sometimes, juuust sometimes, I can see where it can be a valuable tool. Seeing the little girl cry is enough to make me want to punch the guy's lights out.....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I agree that this man was a fool and a heartless moron, but jail time? I don't think that best serves the community or our American right to do stupid crap.

This man should not have been prosecuted for this, but his local community should have shamed him into volunteering his time working with kids that have disabilities, or something else that is useful. All this does is cost tax-payers money and does nothing to teach this man the lesson he needs.

I second the ass-whooping! Give that little girl a bucket of pool balls and a baseball machine!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong this guy was a real jerk but what happened to his freedom of expression?

Not allowed if it hurts someones feelings.

jailed for freedom of expression. they just called it disorderly conduct and menacing.

It is one thing just to make fun but if he stalks after her and mocks her to her face then let him do his time.'

but beware this is a fine line that will one day enter your own homes to make sure you don't say or doing anything about anyone.

Go watch comic relief these guys mock race, disabled people, gender and gays yet not a one is ever charged with a crime.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is one very rare instance when violence would solve the problem.

If I were that girl's father, I would kick the ever-living-s**t out of that dirtbag dad and make his idiot son watch.

It would be very ugly, I can assure you...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This dude did more damage to his soul then any offence to this young lady!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneHundredLittleCurses
In response to all of those who say that mocking the girl, as distasteful as it was, did not warrant jail time:

According to the news story as it was presented on Yahoo! News, the 30 day sentence was for a separate event that same day where he apparently threatened the girl's mother while swinging a tow chain above his head saying that he was "going to choke me until I stopped twitching".

Just trying to do my part to "Deny Ignorance".

gma.yahoo.com...

edit on 30-11-2012 by OneHundredLittleCurses because: Added link (iPad giving me a hard time)

Thank you for supplying the link and adding to the story.

It makes more sense for the jail time ......

Thanx~
snarky

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150

This dude did more damage to his soul then any offence to this young lady!

I agree.....

Not to mention his reputation, character.

snarky

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think they should have gotten a restraining order because the father was harrassing her. Then if they don't leave her alone, they can throw his ass in jail.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OneHundredLittleCurses

I thought there had to be more to it. I would be willing to bet this is the community bully who thinks he can get away with anything. Looking at the charges and video this family better be on high alert for retaliation. I don't think this guy is going to go quietly into the night.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
The girl is 10 years old and can not help her physical problem. The man is 43 years old and was caught mocking her by making fun of the way she walks.

A northeast Ohio man caught on video apparently making fun of a young girl with cerebral palsy has been sentenced to a month in jail.

William Bailey, 43, was sentenced to the maximum sentence after pleading no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing, court officials said.

Bailey was caught on cellphone video at a school bus stop making fun of how the 10-year-old disabled girl walks. The video was then widely disseminated on the Internet and local TV news, the (Canton) Repository reported

www.theindychannel.com...

I saw this earlier on the news and could not believe how cold and uncaring this man was. It was disgusting to see a grown man do this to a 10 year old.

Aren't we as adults supposed to look after young kids, not bully or mock them.

Shameful.......

I don't know if jail was the correct answer, more like Mannerism 101 classes....on how to be a decent human being without being cruel.....

ETA: Add video

edit on 28-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

I hope they put this asshole in general population. they'll fix his ass(literally).

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This guy is a disgusting human being. The fact that he is teaching his Son to treat other human beings like this is a tragedy, and is part of the big problem with our culture these days. That is how monsters are created, by other monsters raising them.

I just don't understand how someone could be so cruel to a young child that has done absolutely nothing to them. If someone did that to my daughter, I would probably end up in jail and charged with battery cause I would cave the father's face in.

Negative huh? Probably even would set a bad example for my daughter much like I explained about this bottomfeeder here right? Yeah, I know that would not solve the problem or make things any better, but it would satisfy my cravings for natural law. I am not a violent person, but if you mess around with my family my prehistoric animal reaction is gonna prevail every single time. You will be brutally dealt with.

Crazy existence we all live in. Such a thin line between right and wrong. Why can't we all just treat eachother with respect here on planet Earth, not even children? I wish things were not this way. I feel really bad for this little girl and her family. ~$heopleNation
edit on 30-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

edit on 30-11-2012 by IBelieveInAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens
"I don't think jail is the answer" seems to be a popular cry in this thread. Really? But why? Because he didn't physically assault the child? Because he didn't hit her? How about the emotional damage? This poor girl has cerebral palsy. She's lived a hard life. This dickhead needs to sit in jail and think about what he's done.

You people that see this as a minor deal make me sick. And I bet EVERY one of you don't have kids of your own.
edit on 30-11-2012 by IBelieveInAliens because: (no reason given)

Thanks to OneHundredLittleCurse, who provided another link, it explains that this inconsiderate creep also threatened the woman......

Bailey, she said, "was swinging a tow chain on his porch, saying he was going to choke me until I stopped twitching. I sent my kids with my mother-in-law to leave with them. My husband called the sheriff."

gma.yahoo.com...

"Because the menacing misdemeanor charge was directed toward Hope's mother, and they're all interrelated, the judge took into account all the actions of Mr. Bailey and the entire Holcomb family," said Fitzsimmons.

This dude has some serious bully problems that need to be addressed IMO.

And now his 9 yr. old son is following in his footsteps.
How sad......

Maybe some one in jail can teach him a lesson or two......or three.

edit on 30-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this is a set up

they'll split the money that comes in from the innernets

like that movie malice

(sarcasm)
edit on 30-11-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
uh huh... let me preface my comments with this statement: I do not agree with this mans actions. He is clearly of sub-standard intelligence and would have benefited more from a good thrashing out back.

for those of you who feel that jail time is justified, i ask that you please pull your head out of your rear ends. now clean the solid matter out of your ears so you can hear. if the police can arrest and incarcerate this guy for disorderly conduct, then it's only a matter of time before they are ARRESTING YOU for over cooking your steak on the grill. can you imagine that? destroying a perfectly good piece of meat!? now that's what i call disorderly conduct. ok folks go and gargle the taste of solid body waste out of your mouth and you will be able to taste my sarcasm.

STOP IT!!! people stop being so stupid!!!! the police will soon have the power/authority to arrest you for what ever they deem is unlawful (like they don't already). please put on your critical thinking caps. consider this: not long ago in the G-d forsaken state of illinois, the state tried to send a man to jail for life for simply recording the police. we have turned into a police state. and don't give me any of this "well my husband,wife,friend,neighbor, family member, etc, is a police officer and is a good person." yes i know they are. i have family who are in law enforcement too and they are good people.

understand that as wrong as this guys behavior was, jail time is not justified. the police are making an example and setting a precedent so they can say in the not so distant future "we are going to arrest you regardless of what the law says, means, or is interpreted to mean. we are the law and we make the rules as we go to our liking". what part of this don't you people get?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
Don't get me wrong this guy was a real jerk but what happened to his freedom of expression?

Not allowed if it hurts someones feelings.

jailed for freedom of expression. they just called it disorderly conduct and menacing.

It is one thing just to make fun but if he stalks after her and mocks her to her face then let him do his time.'

but beware this is a fine line that will one day enter your own homes to make sure you don't say or doing anything about anyone.

Go watch comic relief these guys mock race, disabled people, gender and gays yet not a one is ever charged with a crime.

freedom of expression does not mean you can say anything. we as a people are protected from slander, libel, fraud, assault and other forms of expression

if you can't see the difference between a comic and this you are just being obtuse to protect your argument

I hope

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of comments along the lines of 'freedom of expression' here. Fair enough, but what is he actually expressing here, I mean other than physical threats to the girl's mother and taking the piss out of how a disabled girl walks? It's not even in the same paradigm as political expression.

If a politician, even some meathead who I loathed, had a disability of some kind, I'd be pretty angry that someone had chosen to use their 'freedom of expression' in this way, rather than attack their policies, corruption &c.

It's one thing to protect the rights to criticise politicians and the elite, but another thing to mock a disabled girl like this.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A member said the guy had a right to do what he did because of freedom of expression. I exercised my right to free expression by calling him a d**k. My post was removed. Go figure.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join