Man caught on video making fun of girl with cerebral palsy sentenced to jail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaxuul

The imbecile got deservedly punished. Humiliation may have been a better punishment

However, odious UK comedian Franky Boyle .. makes a career out of making fun out of disabled
or disadvantaged people and he gets his own tv series in the UK ..and is embraced by the media.
edit on 29-11-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-11-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This father is a great role model for his son.
It's sad to think that there's probably a thousand more parents like this father that are also poor role models for their kids. Maybe not to this extreme, but poor role models none the less. Too many children are raising children today. A majority of them are not mature nor responsible enough to be parents. This particular father has never grown-up.

He's setting his son up to become a bully and probably will some day have his butt served to him on a platter. It's sad to say, but poor parental role models is what's causing a decline in education and a generation that has no respect or consideration of others that are less fortunate.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
not that I'm defending the guy but jail? what a stupid world we live in...

least all the real criminals laugh while we put each other behind bars for the slightest thing.

So... whats next? Swearing in public like in the Demolition Man?

Damn if we applaud these actions we sure deserve the way the world is turning into a police state everywhere.

Next: Midget jokes! life sentence. Death if includes horses (or sarah jessica parker) < damn... I bet that just went on record.

Anyway... jailing a guy acting like a retard and you guys agreeing to it... its just dangerous.

I agree. If we let emotions run the show this guy will go to jail and upon release will be caught and stuffed into a tank of venomous snakes by some rouge vigilante group or maybe he'll just be flat out killed while inside. Either way it won't stop the next monkey doing a similar thing. I think this guy is a product of you reap what you sew in a social sense. I don't know if perhaps, as another poster mentioned, we should have to acquire a license to have and raise kids but I have been in the presence of some people in my life that I would comfortably ban license to.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by snarky412

I think he just needs a good ole' fashioned ass whoopin'!

I volunteer.

in gaol he'll get all kinds of ass whoopins, some you've never even dreamed about,lol

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
on a more serious note I would like to point out that this above all others should prove beyond all reasonable doubt the dumbing down of society is real and has been far more successful than first thought.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

Terrible behavior, but I don`t think jail is the answer. I don`t think it`s in the law either.

SO an adult bullying a child is not that bad that he should walk free from jail

this man is as low as a snakes a55 I HOPE IT TURNS AROUND AND BITS HIS A55

CANT WAIT
inmate ,what you in for mate ?
snakes a55, taking the piss of a 10 year old with cerebral palsy mate
inmate, god help you in here
smack bang and off to hospital then protection wing
as although they are criminals they still have respect for the impaired
well most of them
NOT THAT I HAVE DONE ANY TIME
just know a friend that as and he says they dont take kindly to child abuse
so he WILL get his comupance
edit on 30/11/2012 by maryhinge because: spell check and extra dialog

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think his sentence should have been volunteer work among those with CP, children and adults. Educate him. Going to jail is not going to solve the problem.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Poor kid. She did not deserve that.

I hope that jackass hears "BOHICA" from his cell mate 10 times a day.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
I think his sentence should have been volunteer work among those with CP, children and adults. Educate him. Going to jail is not going to solve the problem.

it will he wont do that again after his good hiding
and after his visit to hopital

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

what bow down white man
oh i see

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

he takes the piss out of his own country and fellow men
and himself
but i do agree he does go too far most of the time
still think hes one of the best one liners going though

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This man offers little to civilised society. There's nothing 'civilised' about what he did and there doesn't appear to be any circumstances that might explain what he did, it's not as if he was drunk or off his face on something.

As such, is there really a problem with removing him from the rest of civilised society? 'Educating' someone like this is a nonsense. He's a 43-year-old man, with a family of his own, who appears to be intelligent enough to use a camera-phone: there's no cognitive issues here. He shouldn't need 'educating', a 43-year-old man without some kind of condition shouldn't need to be told that ridiculing a 9-year-old child with cerebral palsy is wrong. He knows it's wrong but just doesn't care.

Just remove him from society.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There's no doubt the guy was a complete jerk, lower than a jerk when he included his son in the prank. Any caring individual would have a certain amount of empathy for the girl and mother. I'd say just about everyone, or they would just ignore them and say nothing. But sadly there are a few people out there who for their own reasons enjoy every opportunity to belittle and humiliate anyone they think they can get away with. He should be ashamed of himself, but sadly there are people who do not have that capability. Psychopaths, sociopaths and just plain ignorant people.

But........ somehow I see this leading towards clamping down on freedom of speech. While not all speech is honorable, it still needs to be protected, lest it be chipped away into oblivion. A more appropriate charge for this igmo would have been disturbing the peace.
Don't get me wrong, I have every sympathy for the mother and daughter, lets make that clear.
And it's easy to think the guy in need of a serious attitude adjustment, that's a given, but at the risk of our liberties, those of us who do know how to behave with honorable and moral character and empathy, it risks a reason to further strip us our freedoms of speech.

link   
ooops, double post.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

Terrible behavior, but I don`t think jail is the answer. I don`t think it`s in the law either.

You are quite correct about that. I believe the answer is edjucation leading to understanding!
Our answer to everything seems to always be to incarcerate but what is the real reason why this is?
Could this just be a symptom of something wrong with society! A real lack of empathy, poor judgement, bad parenting possibly stemming from a failing social understanding throughout the entire country! I'm sure this man knew what he was doing was wrong but yet he did it anyway! As i'm sure there are many people like him, maybe not as stupid but as apathetic!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

We have the liberty to express ourselves in this country... early on we when we got this liberty we had decency and common sense..

Today we are indecent with our speech and expression and we lack the common sense to know how to handle it.

what really was there left to be done in this instance?? By the first page of posts whooping the man seemed like the concensus on how to deal with this man.. but had the father done that he would be the one in jail.

I honestly do not believe this man should have been sent to jail. It sets a precedent where they can jail you for such stupid things, but given how we have been completely neutered when it comes to protecting ourselves it was the logical answer.

I can just see people getting thrown in jail for giving someone the bird because it hurt someones feelings to the point they do not want to go outside anymore.

I am starting to wonder when we will get as extreme as the jihadists we fear so much... we now jail for mocking.... so i guess crimes that used to be punished by jail will now escalate to death??

This is stupid from either point of view..... it explains why our country is going down the drain.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I really hope this guy's kid can overcome the terrible parenting he's had. I also hope the father suicides soon. If he does, I won't feel one grain of karmic (or Catholic :lol
guilt over precogniting it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In response to all of those who say that mocking the girl, as distasteful as it was, did not warrant jail time:

According to the news story as it was presented on Yahoo! News, the 30 day sentence was for a separate event that same day where he apparently threatened the girl's mother while swinging a tow chain above his head saying that he was "going to choke me until I stopped twitching".

Just trying to do my part to "Deny Ignorance".

gma.yahoo.com...
edit on 30-11-2012 by OneHundredLittleCurses because: Added link (iPad giving me a hard time)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Since they already got the conviction they might as well go for a restraining order too. No contact within 1000 feet of the girl for both the father and son. That way the father will be reminded of what a boob he was every morning and afternoon when he has to drive the son across town to/and from a different school.

My apologies to boobs btw.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is something out of Seinfeld...

So the guy is a feminine hygiene product, it's ok.

Now it is don't make fun of X then it's don't make fun of Y, then it is don't make fun of the government...

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join