It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught on video making fun of girl with cerebral palsy sentenced to jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
About time too! I feel like its been years since i first saw this video. Im so happy this arsehole is finally in jail what apathetic man. And his intelligence gives him no excuse on his idea of humor.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
not that I'm defending the guy but jail? what a stupid world we live in...

least all the real criminals laugh while we put each other behind bars for the slightest thing.

So... whats next? Swearing in public like in the Demolition Man?

Damn if we applaud these actions we sure deserve the way the world is turning into a police state everywhere.

Next: Midget jokes! life sentence. Death if includes horses (or sarah jessica parker) < damn... I bet that just went on record.

Anyway... jailing a guy acting like a retard and you guys agreeing to it... its just dangerous.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by snarky412

Terrible behavior, but I don`t think jail is the answer. I don`t think it`s in the law either.
You're right, jail isn't the answer. One hellacious ass kicking from that little girl's dad, now that's the answer.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
ooooooooooo
maybe its Illuminati you see news reporters throwin up gang signs at the end of the video

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Well all his information is out there. I guess he will be sleeping with his eyes wide open.

Humility is the best punishment....

He and his family will now be on the receiving end and will have to answer for his actions.
Same goes to his 9 yr. old son too....of course with his dad being the "up standing" role model that he is, no wonder his son is a bully too.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
not that I'm defending the guy but jail? what a stupid world we live in...

least all the real criminals laugh while we put each other behind bars for the slightest thing.

So... whats next? Swearing in public like in the Demolition Man?

Damn if we applaud these actions we sure deserve the way the world is turning into a police state everywhere.

Next: Midget jokes! life sentence. Death if includes horses (or sarah jessica parker) < damn... I bet that just went on record.

Anyway... jailing a guy acting like a retard and you guys agreeing to it... its just dangerous.

I agree.... I don't think jail is the answer.

Humility will work just fine in this situation.

And counseling.....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Saw this article awhile ago and I am glad the woeful adult has been made to account for his actions. Jail - not sure if it is the right outcome but it couldn't hurt. Psychological assault for sure which I imagine makes it a criminal offence.

I know there are divisions in jail and one of those is no touching women and children. Prisoners have explained to me that they all have mothers and sisters and daughters and that new inmates who have any charge that contains violence against women and children are usually separated. I wonder how the inmates will feel about his charge sheet. Hmmm....

Much Peace...to all the disabled Children everywhere who work twice as hard as us able bodied people - you are an inspiration...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I don`t think it`s in the law either.

2903.21 Aggravated menacing.

(A) No person shall knowingly cause another to believe that the offender will cause serious physical harm to the person or property of the other person, the other person’s unborn, or a member of the other person’s immediate family.

I believe that in most states this would fall under "stalking"...
It appears to be similar in fashion to "brandishing" where the crime is due to the perception of the victim that they are being targeted, and in danger of coming to harm. Obviously if she was so afraid that she didn't want to ride the bus anymore, then it has gotten to the point of the child being legitimately in fear for her safety.

As he plead 'no contest' they obviously had made a deal with him, and he was facing even more serious charges then he was convicted of. He was most likely looking at being charged with “Child abuse” and “endangerment” which would be enhanced further as she is also a handicapped minor:

(B) No person shall do any of the following to a child under eighteen years of age or a mentally or physically handicapped child under twenty-one years of age:
(1) Abuse the child;
(2) Torture or cruelly abuse the child;

§ 2901.01 Definitions.

(A) As used in the Revised Code:
(5) "Serious physical harm to persons" means any of the following:
(a) Any mental illness or condition of such gravity as would normally require hospitalization or prolonged psychiatric treatment;

He was possibly looking at some serious time for his little stunt.

The family should now also pursue all civil legal actions they can take on her behalf as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
They could've charged him with harassment, especially if they confirm it's an ongoing thing...

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11
They could've charged him with harassment, especially if they confirm it's an ongoing thing...

Just a thought.

This. I think you should be able to make fun of everything and everyone, even if it is hurtful. Thats just free speech, and a little trauma helps people not to grow up into pussies. However, when it is ongoing, then the danger to ones psychique gets exponentionaly worse, and thats what a charge of harrassment is for.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Just a thought.

This. I think you should be able to make fun of everything and everyone, even if it is hurtful. Thats just free speech, and a little trauma helps people not to grow up into pussies. However, when it is ongoing, then the danger to ones psychique gets exponentionaly worse, and thats what a charge of harrassment is for.

Oh I know d00d, a 43-year-old man should definitely BULLY and make fun of a 10-year-old child with cerebral palsy, so she doesn't "grow up to be a whiny little pussy-wimp." For sure, d00d1111!!!!

Idiot.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wrong move by the judge, this man deserved to be given a dressing down, maybe a fine and an order to do some community service for the homeless or a institution somewhere, but jail?

reminds me of the sienfeld episode when they are sentanced to jail for not helping someone.

mockery of the system!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaxuul

Originally posted by Maslo

Just a thought.

Oh I know d00d, a 43-year-old man should definitely BULLY and make fun of a 10-year-old child with cerebral palsy, so she doesn't "grow up to be a whiny little pussy-wimp." For sure, d00d1111!!!!

Idiot.

I think you missed the entirety of the point he/she was making.
And I think they meant, a little teasing from your PEERS every now and then never really hurt anybody, call it growing pains, but in this case, the old dude has been making it a hobby.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Oh i have an idea-instead of him in jail at the taxpayers' expense-let some one destroy his legs,so he can battle around on crutches.I'd volunteer,i have zero tolerance for such f**ked-upness.That girl is worth a thousand of his type.Unbelievable in adults,this mentality-its bad enough in young kids who simply dont know better-but in adults-WOW.Hard for me to get my head around.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
REPLY TO ALL

I heard about this video awhile ago. The back story is that the families had been harassing each other for quite some time, and neither party was really innocent.

With that said, the ones to really shame are the judicial system and pop culture. How can something as common as mockery be punished with jail time? Mockery is as American as apple pie. It is the bases of almost every comedic performance since, forever, and I would challenge anyone to find even one popular comedy show that doesn't use berating as its foundation.

When pop culture shows its okay to mock others and we fall for it, there's no one to blame, but ourselves.
Change pop culture or expect more of the same - forever.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

This judge is a complete idiot. Please cost the tax payers a 100,000 to support this guy while he sits in jail for a month. That is so stupid and a waste of tax payer money.

Slap a 2500 dollar fine on him.i bet he won't do it again. However, I guess the judge thought wasting a 100 grand on this moron was worth it. He should resign.

The Judge could have also advised the family to sue instead of wasting tax payer money.
edit on 29-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Such a shame!! Any of you who think this is not a big deal!! try and put yourselves in the shoes of someone with a disability & especially the young! they have a whole life in front of them! A couple of moments of what any one thinks may be a little bit of a tease & funny can "destroy" another human beings self worth!.

I have a beautiful daughter who suffered a stroke at birth! which left her with a weakness down one side of her body, she was so happy go lucky as a child with a wonderful personality until she went to junior school, then it started just little remarks! secondary school & becoming more aware she was slightly different (became massive differences to her) She is now in her early 30's has no friends! never had a boyfriend! does not go out! has told me she will never marry or have children of her own... If you saw her you would hardly notice anything wrong.

So for any AH who actually thinks taking the mick out of anyone else!!!! Try and think again.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

I don`t think it`s in the law either.

2903.21 Aggravated menacing.

(A) No person shall knowingly cause another to believe that the offender will cause serious physical harm to the person or property of the other person, the other person’s unborn, or a member of the other person’s immediate family.

I believe that in most states this would fall under "stalking"...
It appears to be similar in fashion to "brandishing" where the crime is due to the perception of the victim that they are being targeted, and in danger of coming to harm. Obviously if she was so afraid that she didn't want to ride the bus anymore, then it has gotten to the point of the child being legitimately in fear for her safety.

As he plead 'no contest' they obviously had made a deal with him, and he was facing even more serious charges then he was convicted of. He was most likely looking at being charged with “Child abuse” and “endangerment” which would be enhanced further as she is also a handicapped minor:

(B) No person shall do any of the following to a child under eighteen years of age or a mentally or physically handicapped child under twenty-one years of age:
(1) Abuse the child;
(2) Torture or cruelly abuse the child;

§ 2901.01 Definitions.

(A) As used in the Revised Code:
(5) "Serious physical harm to persons" means any of the following:
(a) Any mental illness or condition of such gravity as would normally require hospitalization or prolonged psychiatric treatment;

He was possibly looking at some serious time for his little stunt.

The family should now also pursue all civil legal actions they can take on her behalf as well.

I remember a quote from Semperfortis that has stuck with me ever since...
" Your rights end where mine begin."
This story made me cry. Surely this child has more rights to be allowed to go to school or out in public without incident and being mocked for her disability by a grown man with the mentality of a playground bully. My own daughter was born with right side hemiplegia which is a form of cerebral palsy the causes her to have little or no control over her right leg and arm. as a result she walks with a limp and her arm hangs almost useless at her side. WOE be to anyone who ever taunted my child the way this girl was. They'd have a new one ripped six ways from Sunday.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
now the question is, will he come out of jail
more vengeful than when he went in...

some times jail time has the opposite effect
on the minds of some...

i hope they take into consideration the chance of
him really doing something when he gets out because
i am sure in his simple mind, it was her fault he was
put there.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Being disabled myself, I heartily concur on your solution.
I've offered several times to help physically fit folks EARN the use of handicapped parking spaces.
But mostly I just let them know those spots are for the physically challenged, as opposed to.... themselves.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join