It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal torture facilities for kids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
To start off, I have no idea if this is real. There seems to be some significant evidence pointing towards it being legit, however. Also, it may have been posted here before. If so, forgive me.

Did you know, if you are rich enough, you can legally make your child disappear? There are agencies that will come in the middle of the night and kidnap your child. It happens every night, there are children that will awake to strangers at the foot of their bed tonight. This is highly traumatic for kids, they will remember it clearly for the rest of their lives.
They will take the kid to a 'troubled teen' facility of some kind. Many of these places are abusive and systematically use brainwashing and torture to control kids until they turn 18. I am not using these terms lightly. This kid was held in isolation for so long he made up imaginary friends to talk to, this one details the physical and psychological abuse he was subjected to. And here are more. Of course, they don't tell the parents this. They pretend to be therapeutic, but the kid will end up with a lifetime of issues, including PTSD, panic attacks, flashbacks, nightmares, social anxiety, suicidal thoughts and depression.
These places exist in all 50 states, there are hundreds of them. It is a billion-dollar industry, corporate America is involved, as well as some big politicians (Romney, both Bush's, Santorum). At any given time there are 10,000-100,000 kids locked in programs designed to "break" them.

Reddit

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Have never heard of anything like this. Where did you get the info from?

Sounds like reform or detention schools.

running with the wolves

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why someone would do that? Makes little sense.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah they are real. My girlfriend was sent, and my best buddy too. They were going out at the time, but anyways long story short, their rents could pay and remove them to wilderness and isolate them. They kidnap the kids with the parents consent, and from the Eastern Coast of to Utah or Georgia. My boy made friends down there, and soon they stole a truck and got busted flipping it in a ditch tryna escape the hills of Georgia. in Utah, my gf went through wilderness and said that many consilors just try to break down the children mentally. they were force marched and there is NOTHING that anyone can do. most close down before a single law suit is filed, and there are over a thousand of these programs i believe. should be illegal.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's something that should be researched more, it's really alarming. If it were true how could it be legal?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by calebdaniels

My cousin was sent to one of these for about two years. These huge burly guys woke this 15 year old kid up in the middle of the night, dragged him out of his bed, and shoved him in the back of a van.

This place was in Costa Rica, and I know it was flush up against Costa Rican jungle on at least one side. When the Costa Rican government stepped in and shut the place down, there were hundreds of kids that were just kind of trapped there. My cousin actually helped protect some girls from being raped, amongst other things.

I'm not saying that my cousin didn't need an attitude adjustment. He was a rotten kid and a lot of trouble. But you just don't pack up your only son in the middle of the night and send him off with complete strangers to Costa Rica.

Send him to boot camp, get him to a juvenile psychiatric center, let him get shoved into juvie. But, for the love of sanity, you don't just sweep him off in the middle of the night to a foreign country like some piece of trash.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yup, definitely real. They're not just for troubled kids either.

A buddy of mine was treated this way when he decided to become Wiccan. His parents had him sent to a Christian camp who used these methods to bring him back to Christianity.

Another friend was kidnapped and sent to a similar camp in his early 20s after he revealed to his parents that he was gay.It was one of those camps that are supposed to cure people of being homosexual. He supposedly killed himself after being there a week. (I personally think someone there went overboard with some of the treatments and it was hushed up.)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen
Yup, definitely real. They're not just for troubled kids either.

A buddy of mine was treated this way when he decided to become Wiccan. His parents had him sent to a Christian camp who used these methods to bring him back to Christianity.

You missed the premise of the OP apparently. We are talking about legal abduction and "torture". Not some place that parents send their kids, as ill-guided as it sounds to us outside that particular social-dynamic.

Another friend was kidnapped and sent to a similar camp in his early 20s after he revealed to his parents that he was gay.It was one of those camps that are supposed to cure people of being homosexual. He supposedly killed himself after being there a week. (I personally think someone there went overboard with some of the treatments and it was hushed up.)

Explain kidnapped. I won't deny the possibility, but most of these cases sound like parents are thinking they are doing what is best, sending their kids to camps and the kids are explaining the event in a different light. Not saying they are right (or wrong), just seems melodramatic in my opinion.
edit on 29-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There's a 2007 mila kunis movie called Boot Camp, that's all about this. It's a good watch, I recommend it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It sounds to me like boot camp and psych facilities made to sound very dramatic, which they are to the kids no doubt. You can also have the government remove your child from the home and placed in "therapeutic" foster care, which can either be a private home or a facility. I don't know about the taking them in the middle of the night from bed thing.

There was a reality series on tv about one of the boot camps, but I can"t remember the name. The goal of the camp did seem to be to break the wild ones down so they would be better behaved at home.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesCookieIII

Wow. I don't feel as if I need to hide the fact that I live within a short days driving distance of Northern Georgia Mountains. Somewhat unnerving.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by icmom

You're saying that this is an over-dramatised version of any regular bootcamp?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chagahunter

Got the info from a community on Reddit that was dedicated to outing these kinds of organizations and such. They haven't been very active in a while, it seems.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Woah, I love Mila. This is what I'll be watching tonight.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

You're kidding me. This is disgusting to the outmost extreme.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Drama much? Secure-transport is not kidnapping. Boot camp isn't the same thing as a therapeutic program and all US programs are regulated by the state laws they operate in - if a parent sends their kid out of country, that's on the parent.

edit on 29-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by calebdaniels

"Kidnapped in the middle of the night" is where I see the over dramatizing. When I think of my child being kidnapped in the middle of the night it would be an unexpected thing for me, not something I had planned. To me that means stolen from parents. This is all planned out by the parents. I'm surprised people are surprised about this actually.

I would not make light of these facilities. I fostered kids and the system is not where anyone wants their child to end up. Parents, children and many foster parents all live in fear of it. It's all about who you know and how good you are at smile, nod and kiss ass. There are good people who go into it and none of them stay.

We have a horrible case in the media right now in Canada. Ashley Smith died in an adult prison, but she has been locked up in facilities from the age of 14 for throwing a crab apple at a postal worker. Once apprehended as a youth she has never seen freedom again because she was angry about being in there. It wasn't a parent choice thing like the OP, but it shows the system in action once the kids are in.

www.cbc.ca... t-scope.html

The full documentary about her case
Behind the Wall

edit on 29-11-2012 by icmom because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2012 by icmom because: (no reason given)

top topics

join