It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the MOON reflects sunlight, why are the moon landing photos so DARK?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

Just like you also have to know quantum physics in order to have a "modern" understanding of how your hand is able to pick things up instead of going right through them.

Certainly, "the Moon is grey and grey reflects light" can't possibly sufficiently answer the OP's question...better go get a couple PhDs in QED and astrophysics

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by F4guy

..better go get a couple PhDs in QED and astrophysics

Or maybe just a good high school education. He rejected, as impossible, the "moon is gray, and gray reflects" answers, and said he wanted to know "why?" There are some things that if you really want to learn, a great deal of effort must be expended. And 2 PhDs aren't necessary. I only have one.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

He believes that the Moon landings were faked. He's going to reject whatever answer we give.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think the NASA boys have deliberately darkened the photos as well as added the watery snowy interferance like overlay to a lot of the photography...
Other wise we could see far more than they want known at this time(or any other time)
Its all an exclusive for the PTB, and YOU are not a factor in their equation.....you just get to pay for their agendas.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Care to link to any such photos? With a few exceptions, all of the Apollo photos I've seen have good brighness and no interferance. There have been old scans and prints that look dark and fuzzy, but the latest scans at www.hq.nasa.gov... are an eye-candy. Feel free to explore.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You need to view a documentary by Jay Wiedner called Kubrick's Odyssey. It can be obtained as a torrent. This will answer many of your questions.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by F4guy

He believes that the Moon landings were faked. He's going to reject whatever answer we give.

And we have a winner! But even the delusional can be well educated. It just takes them to be much more dedicated to their delusions.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If the MOON reflects sunlight, why are the moon landing photos so DARK?

Because they made it in an studio.

Why should US govt lie to the people ?

Why should the scientists lie ?
edit on 29-11-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As an interesting side note to the Moon being grey.
With the advent of these see through house vacuum machines, have you ever (if you could avoid) looked at the dust you are removing??
It's grey.
It's not blue like my carpet nor brown like my dirt nor green like my grass.
It's a medium grey like the Moon.

I remember art class when we mixed several colors of paint. Guess what color we ended up with,,, grey.
If you look hard at print from your inkjet printer when you are forced to print black text with a color cartridge? Grey

So it's not surprising if you take all the different rocks and minerals on the Moon and bash them for millions of years you end up with a medium grey.

I can't imagine how bright a full Moon would be if it were white as a sheet of fresh printer paper.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It doesnt seems dark to me. They look bright.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot

Originally posted by Planet teleX
Cameras have the ability to adjust the exposure, via the shutter speed and aperture.
This is how you can cut down on light.

Not the "lunar" cameras. All settings were fixed.

Do you have any information on this?

I would assume that if they were preset then it was to an appropriate level, otherwise why bring them at all?

Plus there's all the existing photos with balanced exposures.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To Answer the title, just as many others have, it is because of filters.

The camera's they used took them many hours of training to use. They didn't just buy a disposable camera from their local -mart. I'm sure they received lessons in the very basic use of camera and filters and other things that seem to blow your mind.

Besides, an overexposed (google it-the word overexposed, not moon) moon surface would be horrible PR pics. They were after brownie points - which would lead to future monies for more landings...

[troll statement]: Get out more and learn about the world - just sitting and trying to fathom (transitive verb def, not the measurement) everything to your own little mindset is...well, childish. But kudos to you for stirring the pot.

-CN

S&F just for kicks.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Nevermind, I thought we were here to collectively deny ignorance, yet all these sarcastic star chasers just destroy any chance of discussion here anymore. Im over it, off to bed I guess......

It is very frustrating to have to deal with so many people who think their education, even PhDs, have taught them the absolute truth, when they have really been taught only what the PTB want us to believe. You are on the right track with your original post, but I am not going to waste my time battling those who think they know it all. I will gladly put together some info for you to look at and PM it to you, give me a couple of days, which should help you begin to understand how it is we can see the planets and 'stars' out there. There is no magic or woo-woo involved, just accepted scientific principles applied to astronomy in a way which explains it all, but would blow the lid off all astronomy and astrophysics if it were to become common knowledge. The PTB don't have to worry about that though, they have dumbed the masses down and control all the media, and most importantly, 99.9999% of the human race really doesn't give a darn. I encourage you to keep thinking independently, and Question Authority.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
Why is only half the moon light and the rest is always dark?

I can guarantee you that there is no literal "dark-side" of the moon. It is all about our subjective point of view, but the whole surface area of the moon does receive equal amounts of beautiful sun-shine.

How come we only see one side?
Remember what I just said about our subjective perspective? Well, the moon takes approximately 27 1/3 days to complete its orbit which give the appearance of the moon not rotating from our point of perspective. In fact, for this to be even possible, it would have to rotate, other wise we would see all the "sides" of the moon throughout its cycle.

When we see the sunshine from Earth we are able to see the source, as the Sun goes down the source of light diminishes, so telling us the Sun is what lights up the moon seems rather impossible.

I am not sure what you are getting at here. I suggest a good book on astronomy for starters. The sun technically doesn't "go down", "set", "rise", etc. That is the apparent motion of the sun relative to our position here on Earth. I digress though.

Here are some links to help you along though.
Bad Astronomy: "Dark" side of the moon.
Apparent motion of the sun

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

All the photo's shown on the moon are half fake and half edited so much you cant tell what is what.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Nevermind, I thought we were here to collectively deny ignorance, yet all these sarcastic star chasers just destroy any chance of discussion here anymore. Im over it, off to bed I guess......

It is very frustrating to have to deal with so many people who think their education, even PhDs, have taught them the absolute truth, when they have really been taught only what the PTB want us to believe. You are on the right track with your original post, but I am not going to waste my time battling those who think they know it all.

Instead you're going to post as a person who thinks he knows it all? The way you pooh pooh doctorates is quite hilarious when you're talking to someone who doesn't understand how light works.

I will gladly put together some info for you to look at and PM it to you, give me a couple of days, which should help you begin to understand how it is we can see the planets and 'stars' out there. There is no magic or woo-woo involved, just accepted scientific principles applied to astronomy in a way which explains it all, but would blow the lid off all astronomy and astrophysics if it were to become common knowledge.

Oh this is adorable. Now you know better than all astronomers and astrophysicists. Well come on then, if you want to blow the lid off it tell us! Of course it can't be that you'd be laughed out of this forum can it? (it is)

The PTB don't have to worry about that though, they have dumbed the masses down and control all the media, and most importantly, 99.9999% of the human race really doesn't give a darn. I encourage you to keep thinking independently, and Question Authority.

Who is 'PTB'? Got any names?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

The camera's they used took them many hours of training to use. They didn't just buy a disposable camera from their local -mart. I'm sure they received lessons in the very basic use of camera and filters and other things that seem to blow your mind.

It was better than that.
Each was given a camera to take with them outside of training. They were encouraged to take as many pictures as they could just to become acustomed to how to get the best pictures possible. Framming, lighting, practice makes perfect.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Well if you are so smart, then all you should need to examine to allow you to determine how it all works are these two pages:
www3.telus.net...
www3.telus.net...
Study the FUVC and how it works, then ask yourself, with space and weight being so critical when it comes to getting to the Moon, why they would drag this big, heavy device all the way out there, and then all but bury the results? I doubt you will "get it", so when you give up, I'll supply a few more clues and see if that helps, but I don't hold out much hope.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN

Well if you are so smart, then all you should need to examine to allow you to determine how it all works are these two pages:
www3.telus.net...
www3.telus.net...
Study the FUVC and how it works, then ask yourself, with space and weight being so critical when it comes to getting to the Moon, why they would drag this big, heavy device all the way out there, and then all but bury the results? I doubt you will "get it", so when you give up, I'll supply a few more clues and see if that helps, but I don't hold out much hope.

I really dislike pointless attempts at hand holding, but what the heck. Lets pretend I was completely ignorant, here is how I would find the reason they took this telescope to the moon:

1. Google 'uv light', first result is en.wikipedia.org...
2. Click 'natural sources and filters'
3. Read this:

The ozone layer is especially important in blocking UVB and part of UVC, since the shortest wavelengths of UVC (and those even shorter) are blocked by ordinary air. Of the ultraviolet radiation that reaches the Earth's surface, up to 95% is UVA (the very longest wavelength),[11] depending on cloud cover and atmospheric conditions

Lets check whether this is the case.
4. Google 'apollo uv telescope', first result is www.lpi.usra.edu...
5. Read this:

Most UV light from astronomical sources is absorbed by the Earth's atmosphere and does not penetrate to the surface. Nevertheless, studying the UV emission of astronomical objects is important because such emissions come from objects that are much hotter than our Sun.

Continue with your hand holding please.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Nevertheless, studying the UV emission of astronomical objects is important because such emissions come from objects that are much hotter than our Sun.

Ultraviolet Earth from the Moon
www.astronet.ru...

I didn't think you'd "get it", you are a mile off. Next clue, x-ray fluorescence.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join