It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would Happen If Palestine Stopped Sending Rockets Into Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What would happen if the rockets stopped?

Nothing!

Nothing would happen and nothing would change!
Gaza would still be an open air prison, there would still be a blockade on Gaza
It would still be hard for medical supplies to reach Gaza, Flotillas would still be boarded by IDF
Gaza would still have little access to clean water
Israel would still be against Palestine gaining U.N recognition

Now with that in mind......

What do you think should happen from here?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree, not much if anything would change; Israel would still warmonger.

What should happen now?
Whoever/whatever is the real 'god' should slap sense into all of their thick skulls.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I think they should just keep lobbing missiles, it seems to atleast help them feel better about their situation.

. Maybe they should come to the table with compromise and solutions in mind, they obviously have nothing to lose- or they could just try more of the same garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Isreal would continue "Operation Creep" by buldozing and building intenationaly illegal "settlements" eventualy reducing Gaza to nothing *Pop*

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Take steps to be recognized by the UN. appeal to the nations in a peaceful matter exposing Israel and their zionist policies? Eventually the international community would step in to prevent the injustices, they cant allow it to go on forever. And if that fails pick up the rocket launcher again and start this insane process all over again.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Let events take its toll, whatever happens will happen.

From our end, the international community that is......continue sending aid to the civilian victims of Gaza that are in dire need of it.

This an endless war, it will not end anytime soon. Nothing will change that, because everything has been tried already.

I am not being negative, i am simply being as realistic as possible.

edit on 28-11-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What would happen if Pale stopped Rockets?

Easy, The Media would Pay Less attention, so the Elimination of Palestine and its Citizens would Accelerate.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Nothing!

It would still be hard for medical supplies to reach Gaza, Flotillas would still be boarded by IDF

I'll tell you one thing that would change...

It would be near on impossible for any sane person to support the actions of Israel in any way, shape or form.

That includes governments.

But, Israel wouldn't let that happen. If the Palestinians ever did lay down their arms and stop giving Israel an excuse, Israel would send in their own people, arm them, and create the enemy themselves to keep the charade going.

Makes me wonder just how many rockets fired out of Gaza are actually fired by Israel to excuse their continued attacks and theft.
edit on 28-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
What should happen now?

Well if people truly believe that Israel is for peace then what should happen is
1) Israel should tell Palestine in an international Arena: "No More Killing non-violent protesters"
2) Israel will publicly say "Israel will henceforth conform to the Geneva Convention"
3) Israel will publicly say no more murdering innocent civilians
4) Israel will allow Palestine to ask UN Security council for recognition
5) Israel will allow food and medical supplies into Gaza

These are steps towards peace
What is NOT a step towards peace is "We are Israel and you will take our naval siege, occupation and blockade and you will accept it as your way of life"!

Life really isn't that complicated
People say the israeli/palestine issue is very complicated
I disagree!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Nothing!

This entire thread so far is based on a false premise.
You can't know these things because the circumstances you describe have never occurred.

What you neglect to take into consideration is that Hamas' own political charter contains a mandate to destroy Israel. This isn't merely a political issue, it's also a religious issue.

Hamas and Fatah both view Israel as an illegal occupying force, NOT because Israel is occupying the West Bank and Gaza (it isn't), but because they believe and teach that all of Israel and Palestine belongs to them.

Neither Hamas nor Fatah has ever recognised the right for Israel to exist.
Neither has renounced violence (in fact, both argued over who was behind more rocket attacks after the last round of violence)
Neither seeks peace.

Does this mean Israel is blameless?
No it doesn't... and no it isn't.

But it does mean that peace has to be a two-way street. BOTH sides need to acknowledge the right of the opposing side to live in peace and security. BOTH need to acknowledge that their civilians should be able to live without fear of attack. BOTH sides need to agree on a mutual layout of land, and then renounce the push for more land.

But with all of that said...
it will never happen... because ultimately, Hamas and Fatah aren't just ruled by Palestineans. They're ruled by Islam... and Islam contains a mandate to destroy the Jews. This is why Egypt seeks to "liberate Jerusalem", it's why Hamas and Fatah raise their children to be martyrs, not doctors, and it's why all the international funding given to these groups ends up funding weapons purchases...

...because they simply aren't interested in peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The borders around Gaza would slowly inch closer in the night until they've realized there is nothing left.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yeah...but one thing would change. The Palestinians could then take the moral high ground they have never been able to so much as approach. They could honestly say, after some time to establish they really WERE ending the practice of targeting civilians, they themselves were victims. That would change and it would be very meaningful.

I'd personally started to really soften my whole view before 9/11. The tit for tat had gone of for so many years and well before my own life began, it was time for things to end. Then 9/11 happened..and Palestinians had nothing to do with it. They sure partied in the streets and celebrated though. Coupled with the fact they NEVER HAVE stopped murdering civilians long enough to see what might actually happen afterward in modern times, we can't know and neither can they.

As long as firing rockets, missiles and mortars into civilian housing is their chose of combat tactics then I have to say.....after the 9/11 street parties? My sympathy well is bone dry for Hamas and Fatah. I feel for the PEOPLE....but I feel for the Israeli AND Palestinians when it comes to the normal people. Hamas kills it's own people as quick as any Jew if they feel wronged or even seriously challenged for their stranglehold on Gaza. It never stops....

(Just a note...but the day started with a few Anti-Israel threads in just general Bash Israel for the sake of it.... a few more through the middle of the day I noticed..and now the day ends with them too. Are general purpose Bash Israel threads to be the norm here now? It's a disturbing development and it's been daily..every day...since prior to the Gaza operation starting?
)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

israel would continue the slow but steady invasion of Palestine.
israel would continue its campaign of genocide.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Nothing!

Rubbish...

1: Is there a blockade of the West Bank...No
2: Do medical supplies get into the west Bank...Yes
3: Does the West Bank access clean water...Yes
4: Is the West Bank an open air Prison...No

What factor distinguishes the West Bank Palestinians from the Caza Palestinians from Gaza.....FATAH !!!

1: Do Rockets fly into Israel from the West bank...No

Of course it would change and your ignorant to think it wouldn't. Take Hamas out of the equation and re-install Fatah and things would be a lot better and there would be no need for a blockade. And if you think that if Israel went back to it's pre 1967 borders everything would be just fine a dandy your equally ignorant.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Come on now, if Palestine stopped firing rockets into Israel - and actually acknowledged the fact that Israel SHOULD EXIST then a true peace could develop......and if Israel continued their practices then they would lose complete support from the rest of the globe.

Oh look, another Death to Israel video right after the ceasefire was signed. Sure bet that is going to last.
edit on 28-11-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I can't believe some of you are so blind in your hatred for Israel that you think hamas should still be firing rockets
because it makes them feel better or the news would cover it less if they didn't.

If they stop firing rockets Israel wouldn't have to level the place like they did for those 10 days. I'm not a big fan of Israel as I feel they are going to drag us into WW3 but that doesn't mean I want rockets raining down on them.

Say you live in a town in the US that borders an Indian reservation and they started firing rockets at your town. Is it not ok for the for the government/military to step in and stop those attacks?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Nothing!

Well if you believe the bible this is suppose to lead up to the Battle of Armageddon.There are so many radical muslims in the islam world Israel is afraid of suicide bombers and a big bomb terrorist attack.Israel kills innocent muslims when they bomb Hamas and Hezbollah and the thing keeps rolling.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Come on now, if Palestine stopped firing rockets into Israel - and actually acknowledged the fact that Israel SHOULD EXIST then a true peace could develop......

That would only leave Syria then for Iran to meddle in.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Hearts and minds are hardened by the violence. If you take out the violence then more moderate voices would prevail. The Palestinian predicament is fuelled by violence and the perpetuation of violence.

Some nations who promote themselves as supporters of Palestine do not want peace because hatred of Israel is actually their agenda – hence the ready supply of arms to keep up with the murders. These nations don’t give a toss about peace, nor the Palestinians.
Regards

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

What Would Happen If Palestine Stopped Sending Rockets Into Israel?

It would be that much easier to kill and force them off their lands.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join