Question for Paranormal Investigators...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was approached by the lead of a very active regional paranormal investigation team, and asked if I would present a talk concerning the "physics" of what they deal with as ghost hunters. I agreed to take a look at preparing a one hour presentation, and I've been working on Powerpoint slides to send to him for approval, but it hit me today that while I have my own level of contribution concerning the overall question of what it really is that goes bump in the night, what I don't have is 1st hand knowledge of what it is that concerns or vexes paranormal investigators relative to what it actually is that they are working to document.

What I mean is that for all I know, no one actually cares about the specific physical structure of a residual manifestation as opposed to an intelligent manifestation. Or why an EVP shows up on tape or digital media (without being heard) while a sound that is heard (and loudly) might not show up on tape or digital media. Then again, maybe they do care. For all I know, this is the sort of thing that keeps these folks up at night (on off nights, that is).

Can any of you professional or active amateur ghost hunters help me understand what it is that would be of most help to you - relative to the physics of paranormal manifestations and physical hauntings. I don't want to waste anyone's time with an hour of information that has no impact on what they do in the field.

The question, if I were to make it just one question, would be - "If you could have one unknown aspect of paranormal activity or manifestation explained to you, what would it be that would have the most and best impact on what it is that you're trying to accomplish as a paranormal investigator?"

I'm not trying to springboard this into a technical discussion on the physics of paranormal reality. I really don't have the time these days to debate much of anything here in spite of what I might want to do. I honestly want to have a good presentation, and I need some tips from you folks in the field on what - if anything - I have to offer in specific information that can make a difference.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As an avid EVP investigator, I have listened to thousands and interpreted over 1500 recorded EVPs.
I have no idea why I can hear recorded vocalization but not hear it directly.
I would really appreciate an answer or even a reasonable hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
As an avid EVP investigator, I have listened to thousands and interpreted over 1500 recorded EVPs.

Your ears rely on compression of air molecules (matter).

Perhaps these things use electromagnetism instead, and somehow interface with the microphone wiring/inputs.
edit on 28-11-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Manipulating a recording medium (either magnetic tape ferrous layer or digital "highs and lows") is actually easier than taking environmental sounds and configuring them into discernible communication involving dynamic sound waves that are subject to a host of competing activities and occurrences before reaching the ears of the intended recipient. In short, using a recordable medium is much more efficient and much more certain, and a hell of a lot easier to accomplish. Don't forget, these are human beings that you're dealing with, and by now, most of them are well aware of the popularity of EVPs as a communication phenomenon. It'd be fascinating to find out who discovered the very first EVP recording, and what caused him (or her) to even look for such a recording, since EVPs are so famously vague and hard to make out.

Environmental sound waves are subject to manipulation, but it takes a very experienced person to accomplish recognizable speech in that manner - especially on the fly. When you hear disembodied speech, more often than not, it's been triggered within your auditory speech processing region of your brain, bypassing your actual ears (even though you experience it as hearing it). This can be imposed upon multiple witnesses, but (naturally) there's a limit to how many can experience such an event, and how robust the event can be if imposed upon multiple individuals. In these cases, no recording will exist, since the "sound" never actually existed as sound waves within the environment.

Generally after death communication is well beyond the capacity of the average human being, and it always takes assistance from a very experienced person for that quick "I'm okay" that many people receive from newly passed loved ones. Same with object manipulation. This is why these events are so quick and happen so rarely - almost as if they are a courtesy being extended by those helping a newly transitioning human being who is really concerned about the grief of a loved one left behind. Just a quick favor (planting an image or a perceived voice message into the data translation center of the loved one's brain) to allow the newly departed to focus on the issue of "in-processing".

Thanks for the suggestion. Perception is definitely the core subject that I feel is most open to clarification when working to improve the research process. Knowing the nuts and bolts of this stuff can really change your interpretation of what you receive as evidence.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks NorEaster and Errant. Your comments are insightful.
My hearing went bad so it is difficult for me to work EVPs anymore.
I do consider EVP as the most significant evidence of life after death, especially when you capture one that calls your name or relates what your are thinking.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"If you could have one unknown aspect of paranormal activity or manifestation explained to you, what would it be that would have the most and best impact on what it is that you're trying to accomplish as a paranormal investigator?"

I would want to know how this was possible as I suspect it would answer many questions about paranormal activity:

"On another occasion, Faye Merryweather, a flight attendant, saw Repo's face looking out at her from an oven in the galley of Tri-Star 318."*

*www.abovetopsecret.com...

Being a run-of-the-mill paranormal investigator, what I try to accomplish currently is to educate people. The most important part of this is when I encounter people who are afraid of unexplained activity going on in their homes. It is effecting their quality of life. Knowledge does appear to be power in these types of cases.

Of course, getting the willys is pretty high on my list as well.
edit on 29-11-2012 by Bobby Elgee because: to add a link

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobby Elgee

I would want to know how this was possible as I suspect it would answer many questions about paranormal activity:

"On another occasion, Faye Merryweather, a flight attendant, saw Repo's face looking out at her from an oven in the galley of Tri-Star 318."*

*www.abovetopsecret.com...

Being a run-of-the-mill paranormal investigator, what I try to accomplish currently is to educate people. The most important part of this is when I encounter people who are afraid of unexplained activity going on in their homes. It is effecting their quality of life. Knowledge does appear to be power in these types of cases.

Of course, getting the willys is pretty high on my list as well.
edit on 29-11-2012 by Bobby Elgee because: to add a link

I love these kinds of apparitions. If you notice, within the testimony of the people who have encountered either Loft or Repo, the behavior of the apparitions vary depending on whether the apparition is seen by only one or by multiple witnesses. This is a very important detail to pay attention to, since it indicates that - while the responsible party may be the same - the two forms of paranormal manifestations are very different. One being Residual and the other being Intelligent (or, more accurate, Dynamic). Let me see if I can be more specific.

One female passenger made a concerned inquiry to a flight attendant regarding the quiet, unresponsive man in Eastern Airlines uniform sitting in the seat next to her, who subsequently disappeared in full view of both of them and several other passengers, leaving the woman hysterical. When later shown a sheet of photos depicting Eastern flight engineers, she identified Repo as the officer she had seen.

This was a Residual manifestation, and while it was a very robust and sophisticated manifestation, it was not intelligent or aware. This is caused by a manipulation of simple residual information that is directly associated with - in this case - salvaged parts from the plane that carried those men to their deaths. The connection is a complex blend of internal and relative context, combining the factual identity aspects of the plane's parts and the contextual identities of the dead pilot and flight attendant - which can be leveraged by the intelligent personalities of either of the two men to create (if they're adept, which they seem to be) a realistic informational representation of either of the men, as he looked in corporeal life, sitting in one of the seats. That said, the manifestation isn't "alive" so it can't be interactive. But then, the point was to have this manifestation be as visible as possible to as many unrelated point of view as possible. Which it did seem to accomplish, before losing structure completely as the event trajectory (chain of related events) that it actually was.

Many of the testimonies are extremely persuasive. Many come from people in highly responsible positions: pilots, flight officers, even a vice president of Eastern Airlines, who allegedly spoke with a captain he assumed was in charge of the flight, before recognizing him as the late Loft.

These manifestations were Intelligent, and if you research these, you'll likely discover that each encounter was one-on-one, or - in very rare instances - shared by only one other person who experienced the encounter along with the primary witness. This is because of what is involved - physically - within such an encounter.

When a full-blown interactive apparition is experienced, the witness can be completely unaware that the manifestation is not a real, living and breathing human being. This is because the dense and completely lifelike appearance of the person is only existent as translated visual/auditory/olfactory/tactile information within the processing center of their brain, and does not exist anywhere else. The witness sees, hears, feels, smells and even tastes what the paranormal manifestation triggers him/her to see, hear, feel, smell and taste, as it manipulates the data translation "circuitry" to offer a full experience of the passed individual being presented. Residual information is introduced at these data translation points as external stimuli, and the brain has no way of discerning the difference until something "gets strange" as the direct data introduction effort abruptly ends and the seemingly normal experience is revealed to have been a paranormal encounter (the person vanishes).

Creating and maintaining a fully interactive environmentally constructed full body apparition is pretty much beyond the capacity of Earth-originating human beings, and beyond most other human beings for that matter. Environment manifestations are mostly built from water droplets and moving photon apart to create "black mass" areas. The real spectacular apparitions are either Residual or perception manipulations. These guys seem to do both.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

By the way, I do cover all of this sort of stuff in my presentation. Maybe I should lay out the basic approach and then someone can help me if I've missed something important. Let me get back to you with that.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Let me try this again....

Here is the syllabus overview. Let me know if I've left anything out that really needs to be included.

Thanks.

How This Can Help Your Job
  • Knowing Your Target Will Help
    ***What it actually is
    ***What it can’t possibly be
  • The Threat of Human Perception
    ***100% subjective (unreliable)
  • Faith – How Culture Can Be Leveraged Against You
  • Achieving Accurate Informational Context is Critical
    ***The digital watch analogy

The Manifestation
  • What It's Not
  • Information and The Truth About The Spiritual Realm
    ***Physical information vs data representation
  • The Three Forms of Manifestation
    ***Only two types of information
  • The "Inhuman" Entity

Methods of Manifestation
  • Residual Manifestation
  • The Intelligent Manifestation
  • The Poltergeist Manifestation
  • Apparitions
  • Orbs

Technical Issues
  • What Can Capture Evidence
  • What Can't Possibly Capture Evidence
  • Translating Empirical Evidence

Location, Location, Location
  • The Role of Location
  • What "Grounds" a Manifestation
    ***The role of precedent
    ***The role of human perception
  • The Hard Truth About Post-Corporeal Human Existence
    ***The role of community in human survival
  • Contextual Association and the "Hierarchy of Kind"

Helpful Basics
  • The Physics of Material Reality
    ***The quantum of NOW
  • The Role of Information
    ***Natural Law and The Informational Continuum
    ***The material brain upends the game board forever
  • Bringing The Whole of Humankind Together Through Education

edit on 12/1/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
“Creating and maintaining a fully interactive environmentally constructed full body apparition is pretty much beyond the capacity of Earth-originating human beings, and beyond most other human beings for that matter. Environment manifestations are mostly built from water droplets and moving photon apart to create "black mass" areas. The real spectacular apparitions are either Residual or perception manipulations. “

NorEaster, if I may ask a question even though I am not in the field?

My question is regarding this “black mass” phenomenon as I have seen this in my one and only attempt at investigating an alleged haunting. This black mass, which appeared hovering almost cloud like through my peripheral vision led to a very strange experience. When you say perceptional manipulation is this to imply that a non human entity can manifest itself as such by creating this image in my mind’s eye or is this projection something my mind let me visualize as a way to label or identify with this energy?

Soon after seeing this black mass I became disoriented and felt very muddled and oppressed mentally until I got removed from the area. I’m intrigued by your take on it. I’m curious how an outside force could purposely manipulate and if there are any such things as rules or conditions where this is ALOWED to happen in a moral sense (for lack of a better word).

Another question if you don’t mind is how important is people’s base reactions to phenomena and how this would impact ones level of experiences? For example, someone who doesn’t have the knee jerk reaction of being immediately frightened or who can pick up subtle energies often missed, could this effect the type of experience someone has in intensity or lack thereof? I guess this could be under how ones perceptions influence happenings but more from the non human prospective.

I love reading your posts on the paranormal. Sorry if I missed it, but do you have any books out or websites you have or could even recommend? If you could private message me if you do that would be awesome. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya

My question is regarding this “black mass” phenomenon as I have seen this in my one and only attempt at investigating an alleged haunting. This black mass, which appeared hovering almost cloud like through my peripheral vision led to a very strange experience. When you say perceptional manipulation is this to imply that a non human entity can manifest itself as such by creating this image in my mind’s eye or is this projection something my mind let me visualize as a way to label or identify with this energy?

A "black mass" apparition can be crafted - as I suggested - by an intelligent information source affecting the required collective of photons within a given proximity to cause an absence of light to take on a distinctive form within that given proximity. Basically, redirecting the photons aside, creating a noticeable lack of light or color. It takes knowledge of how, but it's simple object manipulation.

Also, all intelligent sentient entities are human - period. They may not be Earth-originating humans, but they are human. There is no such thing as a non-human sentient entity. If one encounters a sentient entity that is projecting the suggestion that it is "demonic" or otherwise non-human, then it is a ruse that the entity is using to gain a psychological edge within that encounter. This is one very important reality that I wish all Earth humans (corporeal and post-corporeal) would eventually realize and accept as true.

Soon after seeing this black mass I became disoriented and felt very muddled and oppressed mentally until I got removed from the area. I’m intrigued by your take on it. I’m curious how an outside force could purposely manipulate and if there are any such things as rules or conditions where this is ALOWED to happen in a moral sense (for lack of a better word).

A "moral universe/reality confine" is another trap that has been set for our Homo Sapiens version of human being. We have been programmed to insist on a moral code, even though reality has proven again and again that no such code exists. We call it the mysterious will of God, and non-Homo Sapiens originating human beings have been laughing at our ignorance in this matter for many centuries - at the very least. Your physical disorientation is actually very easy to initiate, and once initiated, your "faith" in its influence on you takes over and amplifies it until you've satisfied your learned belief that leaving the physical vicinity will eliminate the influence of the "inhuman entity" and restore your control over your own physical/mental well being. The truth is that if that entity actually did have the power to do more than influence your perceptions (and thereby initiate a psychological reaction within your own mind/brain sentience process) then leaving that physical location wouldn't alleviate the affliction.

Keep in mind that physical proximity only affects material existence. It doesn't affect "spiritual" existence at all. There is no such thing as location within the eternal realm. There is only contextual association and isolation. We confuse historical precedence and relative/internal context with locational boundaries, and this causes us to infer other non-related capacities and restrictions onto paranormal manifestations. This is why translating empirical evidence requires a much deeper knowledge of what is actually occurring during a paranormal event. Seeing isn't knowing what it is that's being visually perceived. The most critical part of that process is interpretation.

Another question if you don’t mind is how important is people’s base reactions to phenomena and how this would impact ones level of experiences? For example, someone who doesn’t have the knee jerk reaction of being immediately frightened or who can pick up subtle energies often missed, could this effect the type of experience someone has in intensity or lack thereof? I guess this could be under how ones perceptions influence happenings but more from the non human prospective.

It's literally the difference between telling time with a digital watch and worshiping the damn thing because you think that it controls the movement of the sun. (a very entertaining apocryphal story that philosophers share, by the way)

I love reading your posts on the paranormal. Sorry if I missed it, but do you have any books out or websites you have or could even recommend? If you could private message me if you do that would be awesome. Thanks.

I do, but it's being removed from public availability so that the full final version can be shopped to a traditional publisher. It was quietly published as part of a concept vetting process that's been successfully completed. Now comes the hell of dealing with salesmen. I really hate this part of being a writer. I appreciate your interest though. I'll keep you in mind for any news in the future.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So, I'm going to assume that my syllabus is complete. Thanks for your insight.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm not an active investigator, but am very interested in the subject in general. If I had to pick one of the unknown elements present in most hauntings that most intrigues me, I would say it is the apparent ability of these spirits to manipulate objects. Spirits obviously are not solid, therefore they cannot pick something up in the same way that a human does, therefore how are they able to achieve this?

Also, I think that once once accepts that ghosts really do exist, they must also accept that they are able to manipulate objects. This is because there have been so many claims of this nature made, and also quite a bit of supporting evidence has been gathered. I am very curious about the presentation you are creating, and I hope that we will have the chance to see it sometime in the future. Please let us know if you think this is possible. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

"Also, all intelligent sentient entities are human - period. They may not be Earth-originating humans, but they are human. There is no such thing as a non-human sentient entity. If one encounters a sentient entity that is projecting the suggestion that it is "demonic" or otherwise non-human, then it is a ruse that the entity is using to gain a psychological edge within that encounter. This is one very important reality that I wish all Earth humans (corporeal and post-corporeal) would eventually realize and accept as true."

It is foolish to state such a thing as though you can know it beyond doubt. I would say from my experience that the opposite is in fact true; that sentient beings will try to suggest that they are departed humans when in fact, they are completely non-human. I will not, however, make such broad statements that all are either one or the other. I can't know that.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I gave my post because I don't want to re-upload this other posters video. I took some screen shots, but they're rather dark. But circled one of them, this area is highly energetic, and there are 2 faces, one almost looks like it has a hat on, and a bigger almost grey like face, it keeps shifting and almost disappearing. At just around 44 seconds into the video, that area shifts and a faint streak (as if leaving the wall) moves into the kitchen.

I have my own faces that are always on the beams over our bed, et looking types, and a friend made a suggestion that I've been doing, using "light" paint, and painting over the ceiling and beams and cracks, walls, windows, etc, ceiling off the place. Yesterday I did that, and on the one beam over the bed, with the faces, had a hard time doing it in my mind, while lying down. Kept getting this magnetic push off, it felt like the poles of magnets, and kept seeing it in the air instead of against the wood. I struggled and finally got it all painted up, and at that moment my youngest son goofs up and turns this grating horribly loud frequency amp upstairs, that a friend brought over, up full volume, twice, until the guest threatened him with his life. But its was too much of a coincidence for me.

So, what is the connection between ghost like permanent "faces" on surfaces, wood, walls, glass, floors, and orb or mist or ghost/entity like activity? It looked in the video in the post I linked as if it left the wall.

In this case it turns out the energy is a very poorly picked up xmass tree. However a streak leaves there are 44 seconds and arrives in kitchen at 46 seconds, its very faint.

But I have faces that stay on the wall, and also after my son experienced a grey at the door the glass doors had this face that was a smudge, not there before, window cleaning worked before, smudges gone for a while except at the door handle.

Afterwards in a high hard to reach area, where he saw this, right hand corner, there was this smudge we kept cleaning every few days.

So maybe I should reword the question, why do they/entities, make imprints or faces or stains, appear?
edit on 21-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So maybe I should reword the question, why do they/entities, make imprints or faces or stains, appear?
edit on 21-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Why anyone does what they do, is always a tough thing to determine. If these imprints are being made by intelligent paranormal manifestations, then I have no idea why these specific "people" (which is what they are if they are intelligent and interactive paranormal manifestations) do what they are doing in your home.

I can tell you how they are doing what they are doing - in general terms, of course. It's called "trajectory manipulation", and it's akin to rerouting a stream of water by interrupting the natural flow it has established for itself. This is the primary technique that is employed by post-corporeal human beings when they reach out to we who are still anchored to the material realm for whatever reason they do so. The quantum of "now" is replaced by the subsequent quantum of "now" across the entire realm that is shared by all that exists as physical. That flow of progressive causation is made up of countless "streams of progression" that can each be individually affected by those who've been released from the corporeal development phase of human existence if they understand that it is possible, and have learned how to manipulate such streams.

Many have become pretty creative in how they perform this feat of engineering, and there's plenty of evidence of this, as we all know. The faces you're experiencing may or may not be the product of intelligent, sentient post-corporeal people, but if they are, then this is how it's being accomplished. Of course, it takes a bit more background information to fully detail the physics involved, but the Heraclitus quote "you can never step into the same river twice" is the basis of the physics in a broad sense.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

"Also, all intelligent sentient entities are human - period. They may not be Earth-originating humans, but they are human. There is no such thing as a non-human sentient entity. If one encounters a sentient entity that is projecting the suggestion that it is "demonic" or otherwise non-human, then it is a ruse that the entity is using to gain a psychological edge within that encounter. This is one very important reality that I wish all Earth humans (corporeal and post-corporeal) would eventually realize and accept as true."

It is foolish to state such a thing as though you can know it beyond doubt. I would say from my experience that the opposite is in fact true; that sentient beings will try to suggest that they are departed humans when in fact, they are completely non-human. I will not, however, make such broad statements that all are either one or the other. I can't know that.

All sentient beings are human. Sentience is what makes something human. There's no other criteria that defines humanness as being unique among all other forms of intelligent beings. Your error in this is your insistence that only Earth-originating human beings are human. That kind of thinking - taken to its logical extreme - can insist that only Americans are real humans, which we both know is ridiculous to insist. If something is sentient, it's human. That clear delineation is the only boundary that's ever been offered as the separation between humanity from the rest of auto-animate intelligent life. That wouldn't change just because the brain has ceased to exist. That sentience would still remain as the ultimate delineator between human and nonhuman.

edit on 12/21/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by wtbengineer

All sentient beings are human. Sentience is what makes something human. There's no other criteria that defines humanness as being unique among all other forms of intelligent beings. Your error in this is your insistence that only Earth-originating human beings are human. That kind of thinking - taken to its logical extreme - can insist that only Americans are real humans, which we both know is ridiculous to insist. If something is sentient, it's human. That clear delineation is the only boundary that's ever been offered as the separation between humanity from the rest of auto-animate intelligent life. That wouldn't change just because the brain has ceased to exist. That sentience would still remain as the ultimate delineator between human and nonhuman.

edit on 12/21/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

This might seem like a stupid question but what's the difference between intelligent life and sentient.What would you define as auto-animate intelligent life ??

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Personally, I feel the ultimate goal in respect to specifically "ghost hunting" whereby ghosts are disembodied spirits of once living breathing persons, is proving once and for all that the living body is not all there is.

Despite one's view of what the hereafter may be derived of...isn't this the overall goal?

I feel that should be included (in so many words) in your presentation.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I see. Our difference is in definition. You obviously believe that to be human only requires sentience; or rather that any being that has sentience is human. I on the other hand do not qualify a ghost or a demon or a martian as human just because they (assuming they exist) have sentience.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join