It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic UFO crash Nov 21, 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Who knows what can be found at the Pole's (both of 'em)!!

I don't know what this is, but its pretty interesting..thought I'd share.

Who doesn't like "The Thing" !!

Mars rocks found at the Poles are really old and lay around for eons befor being picked up.

Might be big old Meteor?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Interesting but the gouge looks to regular to be a crashed anything to me. I think a gouge from a crashed object would taper off more at one end or be a lot wider at one end. Plus it seems to be the same depth all the way along.

The 'tank' shapes are also interesting as they certainly don't look line a natural feature of the landscape. You can tell they have been there for a while because they have lines of snow drifts coming off them at about at 10 o'clock angle. Personally i dont think they are tanks though and i don't think the shadows are off barrels. It looks to me that they might have aerials sticking vertically out the top and that's whats making the shadows.

Im guessing weather stations or aerial relays.

The first picture looks interesting to.

I give this thread a star and flag just for finding something different for a change, even though it a bit of a leap of the imagination to be linking it to visiting aliens at this point. Still id like to know what it is.

edit on 28-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Those do oddly resemble tanks.

As for the gouge, I don't know.

Kinda strange.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I saw the video and I'm rather suspicious of this video. No tank trails at all. I can't make it out but I bet there is some photoshopping to cover up what's really there.

Nice find!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Tanks in the Artic?Seeing how much fuel they suck up and maintenance crews required I doubt those are tanks but have no idea WHAT they are.As well as that blob.Wouldn't a meteor leave a longer trail than that?S/F for the enigma

edit on 28-11-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, I dont understand why Tanks should be there, but they sure do look like Tanks.

I think the gouge has been filled in along its sides by snow drift, I'm inclined to think it would have originaly been a wide area where snow had been plowed out. Maybe they were trying to reach the Tanks?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Well, I dont understand why Tanks should be there, but they sure do look like Tanks.

I think the gouge has been filled in along its sides by snow drift, I'm inclined to think it would have originaly been a wide area where snow had been plowed out. Maybe they were trying to reach the Tanks?

Snow cats look a lot like tanks.

ATS won't let me upload pictures as so often happens. Here is the Google search, not the ones with booms or cranes for pulling stuff.

I think the large glop at the front of the trench was something either pulled or came down like a satellite crash
www.google.com...=en&tbo=d& tbm=isch&sa=1&q=snow-cat&oq=snow-cat&gs_l=img.3..0i33l6j0i10i33i24l2j0i33i24l2.5393.5393.2.5729.1.1.0.0.0.0.119.119.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.atC8QVl_TW0&p bx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=e79d1be779532d09&bpcl=38897761&biw=1024&bih=694
edit on 28-11-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
found both places on google earth, i think the one that LOOKS like a crater is actually a hill, the impact is actually the shadow of the hill, notice how the small ridge, the shadow is to the LEFT, like the so called crater, look at the pic below:

My conclusion: Merely a shadow of a hill

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Could be one of these or any of there other vehicles.
Just buried in the snow during the winter months.

www.coolantarctica.com...
edit on 28-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks, was trying to find that exact pic!!
I think the artifact is a meteor that impacted

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
combine harvester converted to snow plow

That torrent that is sticking out is the boom for excess snow?

Just a guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
77°48'37.16"S 166°52'8.99"E Quite confusing as to what it is, maybe Kurt Russel will know?
On a serious note, the tracks look like snow mobile tracks, possibly a snow mobile jump?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrskyblueworld
77°48'37.16"S 166°52'8.99"E Quite confusing as to what it is, maybe Kurt Russel will know?
On a serious note, the tracks look like snow mobile tracks, possibly a snow mobile jump?

It could very well be a snow mobile jump,I would imagine it would get a little boring out there.

Maybe it's where they put there waste at.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Want some more intriguing stuff?

* Launch Google Earth, go to McMurdo Station, find the area in question.
* Follow the 'tracks' (snow track vehicles, not tanks) radiating away from the site.
* A few miles to the east and a few to the northwest are some rather strange' groupings of buildings and vehicles, some buried in snow, others with lots of activity that suddenly dead-ends into the drifts.
* McMurdo itself is a busy place - but the goings-on several miles away around the "UFO" site are far more interesting...
* There's a site quite a distance away that has all sorts of strange equipment, buildings, vehicles and other activity -why so far from McMurdo? What are they doing with all that stuff way out on the pack ice? How do they keep all those vehicles (and buildings) fueled, supported, staffed, etc.?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I went there after reading your post. I also used the "time slider" to see the area from present and back a few years. It really changes..looks like they've been doing some digging and stuff there from 12/08/08 nothing there to all of a sudden 12/09/09 and up area gets busy! Weird.

Also use the "time slider" all the way forward to 01/4/12 and the UFO thing is gone!

edit on 28-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't see anything that appears "extraterrestrial." And since I've never seen anything that was confirmed to be extraterrestrial in origin I wouldn't know it even if I did see it....oh no, now I've cross-eyed!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's simple.

From the "ufo crash site" go about 6km east and a little bit to the south. You will see rows of (probably temporary) buildings built on top of mounds of packed snow. The gouges are where they plowed the snow from to build the mounds. The idea is probably to keep the buildings from being buried in snow blown from the wind.

eta: the "ufo" is a building on top of a somewhat round mound. The big gouge to the left of it was dug for building that mound, and also for the 4 "tanks", which are buildings on top of rectangular mounds of snow.

Who's your daddy?

soulwaxer
edit on 29-11-2012 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2012 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's simply the entrance to an underground installation - Too neat and tidy for any kind of crash site.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They do look like really old tanks, but as for the object in front of them, you got me on that one. It may be a rock or a frozen UFO.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
those aren`t tanks, look at the shadows they are casting.each of them casts a different shaped shadow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join