It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbian Village Issues Vampire Threat Alert

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Wow.

I think it's a tourist thing. "Come to Zarozje, Serbia and meet the vampire." I don't know if it's much of a slogan but lets see you do any better. "Come to Zarozje, Serbia....." finish that.

edit on 28-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, I'm a sucker for vampire stories and there seems to be quite a ruckus going on in that small Serbian town.

I don't think I can quite buy the war with reptilian vampires bit, but then I'm an open minded sceptic (see left) so what do I know?

If we could really get to the bottom of what's going on it'd be great for ATS. Maybe as previously mentioned, the Mayor is the local garlic farmer.

Any ATSers in Serbia who could help out?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

why do i suspect that this " vampire " will kill several albanians , kosovans and other " sub-humans " - [ as defined by serbs ] before mysteriously dissapearing

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

No no, you've got it all wrong. The vampire identifies as a Yugoslavian and simply can't determine which of the emerging countries it shall call home. Believe me, before too long you will see a Macedonian vampire alert, which will translate to a Greek vampire-alert as the Macedonians really push their movement to be reconsidered as part of Greece.. When Alexander pops up on the news in a few weeks, face fully flushed from his latest victim, don't say I didn't warn you.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod

I'm just asking you to imagine.
Then slowly let it sink in until you believe it.

You just summarized one of the fundamental problems with humanity quite well. Star for you. Just kidding, no star. But seriously.. imagining something and letting the idea sink in "until you believe it" does not make it true.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
But I must say I'm enjoying this thread a great deal. And not just in a condescending way. Heck I'm open to anything. But lets go off evidence, not imagining.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

my generations vampires were the lost boys, the next generation had buffy the vampire slayer and interview with a vampire, anne rice made them gay but kinda like a dirty uncle, this generation they are nice, sparkly and metro, i cant wait to see what comes next, oh bram what would you say about your creation now

as for being related, im going to assume your relation is vlad the impaler otherwise someone is pulling your chain.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Really? This is the 21st Century for goodness sake!

Right, one Automatic shotgun, fill shells with a mix of ball bearings made from wood, silver and garlic. Sort of a scatter gun approach. Soak the wood and garlic in holy water first. First four rounds to the chest, the rest to the neck to sever the head and Finnish the turd off with a flamethrower.

It is not that difficult! We have the weapons now! If the Vampire is in bat form, just yell "Pull"! Couple of dozen blokes from the local gun club, no problem!

Perhaps every second shell could be phosphorous!

ROFL

P

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Excerpt from "Life little mysteries"

"Because blood is so rich in iron — and because the body has difficulty excreting excess iron — any animal that consumes blood regularly runs a risk of iron overdose. While iron is necessary for all animals (and indeed most life), in high doses it can be toxic. This condition, called haemochromatosis, can cause a wide variety of diseases and problems, including liver damage, buildup of fluid in the lungs, dehydration, low blood pressure, and nervous disorders"

And there you have it. Vampires do not exist, it's only superstition.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobalt7
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

my generations vampires were the lost boys, the next generation had buffy the vampire slayer and interview with a vampire, anne rice made them gay but kinda like a dirty uncle, this generation they are nice, sparkly and metro, i cant wait to see what comes next...

Either a real condition that effects us humans virally or the exposure of the real vampires and who they really are?
Or it could be both, maybe.
edit on 29-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Did anyone think of calling Buffy to clean up the place!!!

Seriously though...This could very well be set up to get vote (if elections are coming), to attract tourists, to control their people through fear....the list could go on and on...

OR...very far fetched, but there is actualy "something" lurking around their small town. Personally, I will believe in vampires when I see one in front of me live (or not) and breathing (or not).....right after Im done "doing" in my pants of course

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I dont know which is worse: a public official making such an asinine claim or the people living under that official who believe it.

Either way should that town be carpet bombed I doubt we'd lose any potential cancer curing doctors.

Nothing has changed in over 800 years.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Man I wished I lived in that village...

A Vampire vs. me is a 10-0 match up in my favor

Vs.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Wow.

I think it's a tourist thing. "Come to Zarozje, Serbia and meet the vampire." I don't know if it's much of a slogan but lets see you do any better. "Come to Zarozje, Serbia....." finish that.

edit on 28-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

"come to zarozie, sibera, where the night life will leave you feeling drained"

edit on 29-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Small town, religious and superstitious, probably larger elderly population... easy for a loopy guy in power to see something from the US media and turn it into something bigger locally.

No need for media as local legends in the area have spoken of such creatures for centuries

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Moroi
The undead

We know more about the Vampire than any other because we have been hunting them longer, (since around 350 A.D.)

Vampire ~ Vampyre, wampyre or vampyr roughly translated, "blood drinker"
Vampire saliva contains a powerful anticoagulant, or blood thinner.

Unlike the Lycanthropes who mostly run in packs and prefer the countryside, most vampires tend to be loners and city dwellers; for the most part avoiding the company of other vampires.
They do occasionally meet, when there is good reason; Such as a joint business venture which would be of benefit to all vampires in the area. (Purchase of a blood bank for example).
There are and have always been some who need the company of their own kind large groups of vampires are known as a colony, smaller groups are known as a coven, and always there is some type of leader.

Most have slightly pointed ears; some are able to turn their ears in the direction of faint noises. Hearing is highly developed as is the sense of smell and night vision.
A groove on either side of the tongue widens and narrows to draw blood from the wound produced by the teeth faster, enabling the vampire to drain an adult victim in just three minutes.
Vampires are warm-blooded like the humans they were made from, but unlike normal humans, they maintain their body temperature only when active. The lower the Temperature the more often a Vampire must feed. During the day, while resting their body temperature drops to the temperature of their surroundings. If the surroundings are cold, they may enter a sluggish state of suspended animation, known as torpor, until they feed. During torpor, the metabolism, or rate of biological activity, drops, enabling the conservation of energy. In colder areas they may enter an extreme form of uninterrupted torpor, known as hibernation that can last through the winter months or in rare cases years. Hibernation permits them to conserve energy, allowing them to survive in the leanest of seasons when food is scarce. However, vampires hibernate to a greater degree than other mammals. Whereas the body temperature of most hibernating mammals drops fewer than ten Celsius degrees (eighteen Fahrenheit degrees), the temperature of vampires, like bats, can fall below freezing (negative ten to fifteen Fahrenheit degrees).
Be aware though that the states of torpor or hibernation do not slow their movement speed but rather will enhance it as the need to feed is greater.

Vampirism’s origins and the original vampire are lost to history. (It was not Dracula) Some believe it was the curse of Caine by God others believe that a loving God would not set that type of curse but rather it was brought about by Lucifer (Satan) as part of his plan to rule this world.
Many of the modern myths surrounding vampires have originated from Europe, especially Eastern Europe. Most likely born from the spread of the folklore from the many bands of traveling gypsies from Eastern Europe which were widespread at the time:

There was the case of Arnold Paole. It was reported that Arnold was bitten by a vampire while he was serving as a soldier in his country's army. When he returned home from service he became a farmer. One day while cutting hay Paole had an accident which killed him. A few days later, people started dying from loss of blood. The people started saying there was a vampire in their midst.

There were several eye-witness reports that said they had seen Arnold walking around after his death. His eyes were glassy and his teeth had grown long and sharp. The locals went to dig up Paole's body, and when they had unearthed the corpse, there was no decay and there was fresh blood on the lips and a bloom of color in the cheeks. Arnold looked as fresh as the day he had died. The locals pounded a stake through the vampire's heart and heard the vampire screech in agony. Then they cut off the head and burned the body. The deaths stopped.

Vampires are undead, that is the body is dead, but the soul is trapped within and continues to animate the body. A fresh supply of blood is needed to keep the body in prime (ageless) condition, or to bring it back to that state after a long period of rest. (The blood truly is the life, to a Vampire). As the adult human contains about 5 to 6 liters (1 to 2 gal) of blood, this is how much is needed normally, from whatever source or sources the Vampire chooses, be it animals or human. After a long period of rest or heavy exertion the Vampire will require more, possibly several adult humans’ worth.

Certain abilities have been documented
Vampires can move very quickly are extremely strong and agile and can climb walls using the smallest of cracks, these skills require major amounts of energy. They can see at night as well as a cat if not better, the hearing is enhanced as is the ability to heal wounds that would kill or maim a normal human; some have observed Vampires hypnotize, read minds and create illusions (delusions?) sometimes resulting in death. It is also believed that some can control the minds of others (the weak minded) to get what they want or make them go berserk or commit suicide. To make others throw up blood or start to bleed from the nose, eyes and ears Some have been seen to disappear in a puff of smoke or into shadows. All seem to have the ability to alter their appearance to some degree: Red Eyes, Claws, the war form of a werewolf or werecat and bat wings have all been observed.

A group of Vampires is a formidable force. Two or three have been known to devastate a battalion of soldiers. The Germans learned this during World War two. It seems they took some one they should have left alone, one of their “work” camps was found completely empty of prisoners and all of the guards including the warden were found ripped to shreds, decapitated and drained of blood.

They must rest for a time every 24 hours although they can, like us, fight this for a few days when required. They can if they so choose, rest for several years at a time (but this takes planning as they will require a lot of blood upon awakening).

Small rodents, birds and insects, not just rats or bats, may be called by the vampire but generally they are found where the Vampire has killed, devouring the remains, and are not an offensive force. Wolves and in some cases large cats can be called and controlled as an offensive or defensive force.

Vampire’s always burn to a fine powder in direct sun-light. They may be killed by Burning with fire, after the heart has had a stake driven through it (to make the Vampire immobile) and the head separated from the body.

Vampires are no more allergic to garlic than any other normal human, nor are they repelled by the cross or any other religious symbol. They also have a reflection in mirrors, where this rumor comes from is their almost universal avoidance of them. We would have no photographs of vampires if they cast no reflection in mirrors.

How to Kill Vampires
A Crossbow with wooden bolts and a short sword or long knife is recommended for all Hunters. If in doubt about your target, try to keep it outside until full light.
The only good vampire is a fully dead vampire. When a bloodsucker has been identified, the best thing to do is to put it out of its misery, and there are many ways to do that. Expose to direct sunlight. Drive an aspen, hawthorn, ash or silver stake through its heart, then decapitate it, pour oil or holy water into the grave and then cremate the corpse and head separately.

Some other methods of disposal are to cut off and burn the head, or boil the head in vinegar, or chain the coffin shut.

Vampirism can take a few forms, from mild to chronic.

The mild forms (see Porphyria) are not true vampirism but a natural allergic reaction (usually to garlic, cured by proper diet) with symptoms such as a rash from exposure to sunlight and light sensitive eyes, these symptoms are alleviated by a transfusion of white blood cells (or the oral consumption thereof). This form is hereditary and natural but rare.

The chronic Forms are not curable (thus the title chronic) the symptoms are the semi-death of the body, a strong aversion to sunlight and almost insatiable thirst for blood, the appearance of larger than normal bicuspids (fangs) which are in many cases retractable (similar to the way some snake fangs fold back). This form may be passed on to others through the bite of a vampire that does not kill, then the return of some of that blood back to the original donor. When this is done the body quickly dies and the new vampire awakens within 3 days, famished and ready to feed upon the closest living thing.

When a Vampire makes another, they will generally choose someone in the prime of life (early 20’s to late 30’s, this ensures that the new vampire will be able to defend and feed itself, a choice is not always offered but may be. Generally a training period is engaged in afterwards but not always. Also the new vampire is generally enthralled to the older vampire or under its control for a short time (up to 5 years).

Older and worldlier Vampires tend to choose their victims carefully to avoid undue notice by the locals. In some cases they may have their Gypsy minions bring those victims, but some like the hunt. The clever ones tend to use the homeless or criminal elements; some will have gained access to a mental institution or hospital and will feed on several per night without killing any of them. Some have been known to keep prisoners or slaves for feeding. It is rumored that this feeding induces a type of ecstasy in the one being feed upon (this has been proven from autopsies) and there are people who are very willing to be “blood Donors” because of it. The loss of blood will make one weak and light headed in any case.

More important than any lineage, clan, sect or cause is the fact that all vampires are undead predators. Fealties and duties fall second to the inescapable need for blood.

Vampires generally have a human minion to keep watch as the Vampire rests in some cases a whole staff of minions. This staff will generally not live within the home or manor but will be close by at all times and will occupy the home during the daylight hours. The more power the Vampire has, the more prosperous the minions are. It is in their interest to keep the vampire safe and help it to grow in strength and power. (Rewards for the minions are a better lifestyle, longevity and a youthful vigor).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

I understand Serbian pretty well and I read their daily papers so here is how the story about Sava Savanovic actually is.First the renewal of the legend and the interest of the media about it is due to the old windmill where he supposedly lived collapsed on its own.The building was very old and unmaintained .So a bunch of superstitious villagers who want some tourist revenue report it to the media, you don't think that anyone takes this seriously do you? Sava has been the main protagonist of a book and a very popular movie, but he already existed in legends before and no one doubts he was a real person.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is nothing new for that area. People there still believe in wiches, and I am talking about village wiches people go to for advice . It is secluded area with lots of supersticious beliefs that are passed from generation to generation. There are many vampire legends too. I would recommend you see an old Serbian movie, "Leptirica" if you are into vampire legends. It is a horror movie that kind of mentions Sava Savanovic, believed to be a vampire.

This is a beautiful area to visit. If you want to learn more about this area, check out some fun stuff. www.drina-reka.com... I hope you could have Google translate the page. It is in Serbian. The web page is about rafting event that takes place every summer on river Drina. It goes from town Rogacica (near Zarozje) down to Ljubovia. There are lots of You Tube videos of this event. My uncle goes there every year and has a blast. It is pretty WILD!!!! Lots of beer!!!! If you look around this web page, you will find an article about the first Serbian vampire. I am not sure why would anyone put an article like that on that web page, but...it is there.

Here is one of the YouTube Videos www.youtube.com... Please be open minded. You have to be there and love to party in order to understand it.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I am glad that the Vampires are in Serbia and New York. Those guys are so crabby. Being a werewolf is a lot better, I used my long canines for tearing apart steaks. All I had to do was show my teeth to a growling dog and they would back right down. Steaks would shiver when they saw me.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So now I know where my ex wife moved to

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join