The Apollo moon landing, both real and fake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Based on today's lead thread, New smoking guns in Apollo moon hoax: White cloth canvas on floor clearly seen!, I'd like to share an idea that I had while researching Stanley Kubrick's film "The Shining" as a possible clue that the mission was faked: I believe we did go to the moon, but there is a possibility that the footage shown was faked, unbeknownst to the astronauts who believe the cameras they were given actually worked (or maybe they did work so Kubrick could recreate everything but the quality was too poor for television).

So we did go to the moon, but I think Kubrick shot the film on earth. We needed the marketing material, the moral boost, we needed to win the space race - and we did. But we didn't have good enough cameras to capture it for a nation glued to its *new* TVs (the Vietnam War had everyone tuned to their televisions as it was the first war to be seen from your couch).

In knowing this, the Nixon administration needed something for the telly, something to show the millions of Americans held captive to the nightly news who would demand to now *see* the moon landing - so Nixon gave America what it wanted, a real version and a faked version. Kubrick did the made-for-TV special, but we were there too, and by taking this route the US simply further confused cold war Russia with our supposed advances in camera and video technology.

That's my take, and hits the middle ground where truth usually lay.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Jason88 because: added pic

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Since the idea that the moon landings were hoaxed as of late, I knew this thread had the possibility of coming about. I believe 100% that we landed on the moon. But, I also believe that some footage may have been hoaxed to glamorize the landing itself. I believe that both possibilities exist, with the landing being real as well as parts of it being hoaxed. Definitely in the realm of possible reality.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If the footage was made in Hollywood we will never know, simply because if they admit that then the whole shebang comes into question.

If one thing is false others sure the heck are as well.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Right? It is in the realm of possibility. It takes neither an extreme conspiracy position but addresses inconsistencies in the footage while allowing the thousands of people involved, plus other countries who were monitoring the US, to still be absolutely right - the US landed on the moon!

It's the middle ground. And while I originally dismissed the faked footage theory as junk, it is too persistent and long lasting to no longer ignore. There is truth, we went to the moon but we also created a made-for-TV-special using the enormous talents of Mr. Kubrick.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I love Stanley, I love all his works too, I also think he had the technical savvy to fake such a thing.

I don't think he did though, I think with the amount of people that have studied this and debunked it, we can be quite sure that America did land on the moon.

Watch the movie 2001 and the imagination begins to fly wild, doesn't mean he faked the greatest event in human history.

SS

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I agree 1000%, if they admit it was faked then everything comes into question - even the reality that the US really did land on the moon.

I'd be curious to see who worked on "2001: Space Odyssey", and if any of those folks met an untimely death.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
HAHA Watch this Doc exactly what your talking about:

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by Iwinder

I agree 1000%, if they admit it was faked then everything comes into question - even the reality that the US really did land on the moon.

I'd be curious to see who worked on "2001: Space Odyssey", and if any of those folks met an untimely death.

Yes it would be interesting to see if they ever get caught out....so to speak....

Just to show how trustworthy Governments can be here is a link that I am passionate about posting whenever I can and I do believe it is post worthy.....

www.riseearth.com...

Most here on ATS know them all by heart but anyone whom has not read this please bookmark it and read at leisure.

And do google any of the facts in the article as they all come up positive for government trickery.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this pdf. document is an 'awesome' read !
MOONGATE

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I'm with you, this is all just an idea. But a few things stand out; the persistence of this conspiracy theory (decades old now) and some questionable moon shots that a hardened skeptics must question before dismissing lead me to believe the middle ground is where the truth lay.

We did accomplish a manned moon mission 1969, but it was also recreated for television.

Kubrick released "2001: A Space Odyssey" in 1968 so obviously he had been working on it for years before. Film and camera technology were not up to snuff back then, so after folks in the Nixon administration saw the movie they decided the public (and more importantly the Russians) needed to *see* the landing - they enrolled Kubrick to recreate it making "TV quality."

Kubrick subsequently directed "The Shining" and in that movie he tried telling the public about his role in the film. See this ATS thread on that topic (I found it fascinating): Was "THE SHINING" Stanley Kubrick's Confession to having faked the moon landing?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
this pdf. document is an 'awesome' read !
MOONGATE

I downloaded that and will have to read it later and then comment.......It's a huge read

Thanks for offering it here
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Kubrick did a magnificent job and is easily the greatest human cinematographer of all time. See Jay Wiedner's documentary "Kubrick's Odyssey" ; it explains the magnificence of Kubrick's work. Kubrick had one hurdle to overcome that was impossible to achieve. He could not fake the movement of the astronauts on the Moon because the Moon has 1/6 the Earth gravity and Kubrick was filming on Earth. When you watch the astronauts doing little hops, in an attempt to simulate movement under Moon gravity, it is a complete failure. Humans hopping as shown, on the Moon,would have move 3-4' per bounce, rather than the tiny distances covered in the fake videos. Humans used to Earth gravity would be making giant steps because their muscles are so conditioned to Earth gravity that they would, at least, intermittently, make an oops and move quite a long distance. Not one Moon landing video shows any big steps and is a dead give away to the fakery.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Id have to say that this theory is the one I personally think is the most likely. Why? Well because NASA was already under the premise to conceal any form of alien life found...I for the life of me cannot think of the name of the study that determined this and made it NASA policy but I'm sure some members here will be able to.

So NASA knowing they are to conceal alien life and evidence of it (for reasons of national security) because of possible social chaos (war of worlds broadcast) wouldn't just let cameras out and about into to space's unexplored territory without any idea of what might possibly be seen or discovered that would otherwise compromise the above policy...

I believe we went to the moon and the footage we see/saw was a Hollywood that was acceptably patriotic and tear jerky enough without the possibility of an alien interfering or enlightening the world of their presence...This is the FAKE moon landing...the REAL moon landing was conducted with cameras and photos as well but footage and was NOT immediately released to the public...the contingency being if nothing happened they would have real verifiable footage if the fake footage ever came under scrutiny...if they did find life or evidence of it or possible other world changing things out there...it would be edited/censored etc...

Kind of reminds me of "live" TV...and how its not really live...there is a delay..there is always a delay. That is for SAFETY sake of keeping the viewer from seeing what they don't want you to see...This way of conducting live TV was probably invented specifically for and during the Apollo program...

Do people honestly think that the military industrial complex and NASA were about to send man to the moon without any sort of censorship in place to keep such earth shattering information from being released unknowingly??

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
kubrick himself stated simulating the gravity of the moon and zero gravity was impossible, no ?

even in 2001 it's hokey at best
edit on 28-11-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Its not the first time ive heard this theory and i do think its quite plausible. Its been said that Armstrong and the others didnt go to the moon, they were just actors but at the same time some others went there. It was don't like this in case anything went wrong then NASA could still claim it was a success.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Whether they went there or not none of us will ever know for sure. However when I view some of the footage my eyes show me fakery. Its like 911, the day those towers came down my eyes told me I was watching controlled explosions, and that was before all the conspiracy stuff!

My own personal opinion is they did go, but I dont think they went when we were told they went, I think that happened later.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

While I find your theory interesting I have found no real evidence that is conclusive to me in anyway that the moon landing was hoaxed. I'm fairly open minded too. I mean I question old conspiracy's to this day. Like who shot JFK....I'm still not sure, but I'm fairly confident we landed on the moon.

So while I may find your theory interesting I find that it has little credence with the exception that I have seen what appear to be old film sets of nasa settings that actually showed film crew and equipment around them. That lead credence to what you say, but at the same time that footage could have been shot for a variety of reasons including the testing of equipment to be used in the actual setting as opposed to a studio. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if it was just another one of those things astronauts had to do before they went up...just another training exorcise.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by Jason88

While I find your theory interesting I have found no real evidence that is conclusive to me in anyway that the moon landing was hoaxed. I'm fairly open minded too. I mean I question old conspiracy's to this day. Like who shot JFK....I'm still not sure, but I'm fairly confident we landed on the moon.

So while I may find your theory interesting I find that it has little credence with the exception that I have seen what appear to be old film sets of nasa settings that actually showed film crew and equipment around them. That lead credence to what you say, but at the same time that footage could have been shot for a variety of reasons including the testing of equipment to be used in the actual setting as opposed to a studio. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if it was just another one of those things astronauts had to do before they went up...just another training exorcise.

To Quote "In fact it wouldn't surprise me if it was just another one of those things astronauts had to do before they went up...just another training exorcise."

That might not be just another one of things astronauts had to do before they went up.....maybe not just another training exercise at all.......

Who is to know?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Wow in all my time studying conspiracy theories i`ve never actually looked at this one about the moon landings, it has crossed my mind, but i never gave it much thought, going with the were they hoaxed or not questions. Nice thread OP going to look this up more before i can really comment, but maybe there was some truth in the old "we went there but the aliens told us to piddle off" scenario the US government would definately not have broadcast that.Or maybe it really is we went there but Hollywooded it up to give the excited public something to look at???? Really has given me a different slant to my thoughts on the whole moon landing shebang lol. Cheers OP.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I've come to a similar conclusion myself but from a different angle. Instead of the propaganda angle, my theory is that we landed on the moon, found existing archaeology and bases there, and decided that because of this there could not be actual footage shot of the moon because it would blow the cover that human's weren't the first ones there. Therefore, they had to fake the footage to keep that can of worms closed. That's my take on it anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join