It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with pretending to practise witchcraft - Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Man charged with pretending to practise witchcraft - Ontario

www.thestar.com

The rituals were described as terrifying experiences, involving bloodstained eggs, worms and black coal.

A 56-year-old Brampton woman says she was told she was under a “curse” and these were the magical elixirs necessary to heal her. The “spiritual cure” cost her more than $14,000 she didn’t have.

Those allegations are at the centre of an unusual police investigation in which a 40-year-old Mississauga man has been charged with fraud and pretending to practise witchcraft.

The bizarre story began last fall, when Maria Roesta began having throbbing headaches. After various test
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ca.news.yahoo.com< br /> www.lfpress.com

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I just read this story in the paper briefly while out.

I find it interesting how in the 21st century we still have people gullible enough to be swindled using 'magic'.

$14,000 later this woman learned the hard way.

Careful as there are people out there who love to prey on the minds of the weak it seems.

www.thestar.com

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Pretty cheeky charging someone with practicing witchcraft when most of our government officials practice black magic...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I just read this story in the paper briefly while out.

I find it interesting how in the 21st century we still have people gullible enough to be swindled using 'magic'.

$14,000 later this woman learned the hard way.

Careful as there are people out there who love to prey on the minds of the weak it seems.

www.thestar.com

How is it different to palm reading or clairevoyants?
The gullible pay for a service, that they choose to recieve, the "witch" should be aquited imo.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
How is it different to palm reading or clairevoyants?
The gullible pay for a service, that they choose to recieve, the "witch" should be aquited imo.

I sort of agree with you.
There could be a political motivation with charging him.

You know what I find really odd?

"Pretending" to practice Witchcraft. What??
That sort of almost implies/reveals that there is a "real" practice?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

At first I was going to crack a joke about how Pretending to practise witchcraft in Ontario is a crime????

but it turns out it really is

Pretending to practise witchcraft, etc.

365. Every one who fraudulently (a) pretends to exercise or to use any kind of witchcraft, sorcery, enchantment or conjuration, (b) undertakes, for a consideration, to tell fortunes, or (c) pretends from his skill in or knowledge of an occult or crafty science to discover where or in what manner anything that is supposed to have been stolen or lost may be found, is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Source

So is this law really about Pretending to practise witchcraft needed---- wouldn't laws about con-men be just as effective?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

*sigh*

People are so easily mislead these days. Another fool giving a practice a bad name. Not all witches are evil - he's a fraudster, not a witch. I can't even feel sorry for this woman. I am trying, but I can't.

top topics

join