It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry connections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After viewing a couple of threads on this subject, especially the one about 'joining up', I felt compelled to show the would be member a little something.

"The basic recruitment of members to further the Elite's plans is through the secret society network of Freemasonry which is the latest incarnation of the Christian/military order known as the Knights Templars..."

This quote is about midway down the page under the Freemasonry section, but I suggest the entire page be read to get a better understanding of joining such an order.

Here's the link:
educate-yourself.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The irony is that your link, "educate yourself" is primarily for those who are . . .. uneducated.

That website is simply one of another hundred thousand conspiracy-related websites. Electronic mind control, NWO, mind-numbing drugs in our water supply, etc., etc.

This kind of nonsense is more played out than Tracy Lords on a sex tour of Asia.

You need to learn to be far more selective in yuor "researches" on the internet - also known as The Great Trash Heap.

No one here requested, or needs, your "warning." If you wish to discuss Masonry in a cogent manner, then do so - ask questions, offer ideas. If it is your epxress purpose to come to these boards in order to slander Masonry, then you've come to the wrong place.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Slander is not on my agenda nor is it suggested in my words.
Education is, and there are MANY who are not educated.
I am sorry you felt so offended, I have read many wonderful, ancient stories on Freemasonry. I just don't see as much anymore.
So, if I were a part of something that I truly believed it, I would have a list of sites for people to check out to see how wonderful it it.
In closing, I ask you, LTD, to perhaps point out some sites to the 'uneducated' among us so that we are given the chance to change our minds on the subject. I have probably seen some of them, and would gladly post good thoughts on anything you could direct me to that I may not have checked out before.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Juanita, the litany of errors that is contained within the page you provided a link for would take pages and pages of text supported by links to refute. Since you have implied that this is an "educational pursuit" I'll provide you with some points that you can research on your own, and compare your research to the "content" of the page that is intended to educate.

What is the highest Degree in Freemasonry?

Are Masons allowed to be "recruited" (or invited) in every country?

What are the Initiation fees?

What were the Illuminati?

How many U.S. Presidents were Masons?

Where is the Headquarters for all Freemasons?

Is the Skull & Bones Society a Masonic order?

What percentage of Freemasons are on the "bottom three rungs", and how many have progressed to the "Higher Degrees"?

You will find quite a bit of information regarding these questions in conflict with one another, I'll leave it up to you to decide what is credible, and where veracity is lacking... Then reexamine the page that you provided a link for and see if there is an intent to "educate" contained within.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the reasoned response, Mirthful.

Juanita:

You're a newcomer, and I was overly harsh with you. Mea culpa.

Good thing that Mirthful stepped in and provided you with a starting point.

Follow up with some of those headings and I'm sure we can have some interesting discussions.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No, LTD, I think Mea Culpa. (I AM the culprit)
I read up on several of the questions and so far, there is alot of contradicting statements everywhere. I read one history that said that most (I forget the percentage) of the presidents were Masons and another said that there were a few that were linked to the Skulls, but then another that says they are linked (Skulls/Masons) and ANOTHER that says there is no such thing.
The conclusion that I came up w/ is that I had no right to post that link related to Freemasonry. I am not, nor ever will be a Mason, so I will never know what goes on in the inner circles besides speculation and opinions.
If it is secretive in the way that a member cannot divulge what he has learned, then that is no different than how the Vatican holds back information about its own religion. I'm not saying it is good, but I believe that there are reasons.
Also reading the posts that are connected to this subject, I do not have a real opinion on the matter. Its all speculation from the outside. People are going to believe what they believe, and about half of the time, there's nothing wrong w/ that. Beleif/faith, keeps us together w/in. I don't know what to believe w/ this topic, but I do not believe Masons are evil - mostly because I don't believe in 'evil'.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Just to let you know, 17 presidents have been Masons. There have been 43 presidents, so this does not even constitute 40%...

Gerald Ford is the most recent Masonic President.

Bill Clinton was NOT a mason, he was DeMolay, which is a masonic group for boys.

Neither Bush was a mason (Skull and Bones is NOT masonic)

Ronaldus Magnus (Ronald Reagan) was not a mason, but was made an honorary 32 degree Scottish Rite Mason.

George Washington WAS a mason.

If you want to know about masonry, click here.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
O.k. - I read through some of it, not getting much more info than I've already seen on other threads. A few of the links are broken, but the FAQ was a little more informative.
Still, it is based on a one-sided point of view.
I have no doubt that any happer member of an organization would never leave, but isn't there some outside perspective that isn't biased towards my orginal posting that may present things from a non-Masonic view? Like maybe the wife, child, or parent of s/one that is in a Lodge? S/one that can clearly see, from an outside perspective (not being involved) that their brother, son, husband has benefited from the organization since he joined?
(benefited as in becoming a better person, inside & out)
In any of the threads, its just been about Mason and non-Masons attacking one another and no one, mainly the Masons, saying how their life has taken on more meaning because of the new principles they've chosen to live by. (And from what I read about the principles, I would think their would be more tolerance/forgiveness from Masons - Moreso than the non-Masons).

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
Ronaldus Magnus (Ronald Reagan) was not a mason, but was made an honorary 32 degree Scottish Rite Mason.

Why did he receive such an honor? It seems I have heard this before, but I know none of the details.

Must've been something great.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Why did he receive such an honor? It seems I have heard this before, but I know none of the details.

Other than being arguably one of the best presidents since Lincoln?

Juanita:

the problem is, what you see on the internet and in life, are the unhappy campers and the apologists... you NEVER see posts from folks that are just happy and satisfied and such... they are happy, and see no need to post.

For myself, I love masonry, and feel it is important to present the truth, as opposed to the ignorance and psychosis displayed by certain folks on this forum...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Other than being arguably one of the best presidents since Lincoln?

Yeah I know that but was there anything in particular that he did to catch the eye of the S.R.?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

This is actual a common mistake, and is repeated often, due in most part to John Robinson's claiming it in his book "Born In Blood". However, Reagan was not made an "honorary 32� Mason" (there's no such thing), and Mr. Robinson's confusion was due to the fact that he was not a Mason when he wrote that book, and made far too many assumptions.

Reagan was indeed honored by the Supreme Council 33� of the Scottish Rite, S.J., and the Imperial Council of the Shrine for service to the nation, and was presented with plaques from both Councils. However, he was not a member of any Masonic organization, honorary or otherwise. It is quite commonplace for Masonic organizations to honor non-members for various services to the community or nation, for contributing to charities, etc., and Reagan was among this group.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ah HA! i sit corrected. Thank you my brother.

new topics

top topics

join