It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiermes, Spain -- Proof of Ancient Alien City or Lost Advanced Civilization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by 304edgewood

Every time there's a question about something being too sophisticated for ancient man to build.

Every time.

If we ever DO find something built or made by aliens I suspect it won't be stone work....
edit on 28/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Totally.

I'll never understand how these beings allegedly made their way to Earth, somehow , just to make stoneware and rock cotton.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

I'll never understand how these beings allegedly made their way to Earth, somehow , just to make stoneware and rock cotton.

Its one of the main disconnects in 'alien' theory unless you can imagine they were massive silicon creatures whose excrement looks like masonry work to us

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

In fact, we still are today, only more so and without the eating part.

Harte

Speak for yourself, I use to dine daily on Sitchinists many years ago - they were delighful with roast peppers and a spirited sauce d'Isigny-sur-Mer

Brute!

They leave a bad aftertaste, IMO.

Harte

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Its one of the main disconnects in 'alien' theory unless you can imagine they were massive silicon creatures whose excrement looks like masonry work to us

Excreting masonry bricks:

Upon reaching Xanthus[clarification needed] Jarvis and Tweel find a line of small pyramids tens of thousands of years old made of silica bricks, each open at the top. As they follow the line, the pyramids slowly become larger and newer. By the time the pyramids are ten feet high, the travelers reach the end of the line and find a pyramid that isn't open at the top. As they watch, a creature with gray scales, one arm, a mouth and a pointed tail pushes its way out of the top of the pyramid, pulls itself several yards along the ground, then plants itself in the ground by the tail. It starts exhaling bricks from its mouth at ten-minute intervals and using them to build another pyramid around itself. Jarvis realizes that the creature is silicon-based rather than carbon-based; neither animal, vegetable nor mineral, but a little of each. The strange combination of a creature produces the solid substance silica and builds himself in with the By-product then sleeps for an unknown length of time.

From wiki's summary of "A Martian Odessy" by Stanley Weinbaum.
A classic, classic scifi story. Read it here, if you dare, to see how those Egyptians really built the pyramids.

Harte

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Good story, I've been reading a lot of the old scifi recently, just read the not so old Costigan's needle. I got about a hundred of the old ace double books on last month when a books store closed

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
this is not more than a few hours' drive from me. It is a bronze age city.

I don't think its aliens though. Some impressive rock carving I will say that, but aliens?

I don't know. I would sooner believe advanced humans before ETs.

The depictions on the columns and walls are of men hunting and what not. ET´s don't hunt boar and till the land I think.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Why not? Why would you fly billions of lightyears carting all your building material with you? It is far easier to use what you find on the ground of a new settlement rock and stone are very hard wearing and with the right technology easy to shape so why not rock?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe they had huge 3d printers that printed structures that would explain how some of the stones fit so flawlessly,we have discovered that tech now I would imagine that a space faring race was waaaay beyond then what we have now.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32

Why not? Why would you fly billions of lightyears carting all your building material with you? It is far easier to use what you find on the ground of a new settlement rock and stone are very hard wearing and with the right technology easy to shape so why not rock?

Smart aliens would use concrete or plasitc - the buildings we see are neither comfortable nor easy to build - the fact that 'aliens' would build a structure on earth - that looks like ones made by humans - is rather off the scales in probability....imho

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Maybe they had huge 3d printers that printed structures that would explain how some of the stones fit so flawlessly,we have discovered that tech now I would imagine that a space faring race was waaaay beyond then what we have now.

True why then would they bash or cut out rocks to build a structure that resembles in all ways a structure made by humans? Oh and leave no other traces of themselves while at the same time humans left traces below, in and around the structures?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I don't know that's why I'm bouncing ideas around here to see what people think ,maybe they just liked stone maybe they were religeous and were not permitted to use anything else or its just artistic flair or creativity like making a table you can make it out of concrete or plastic but instead you use wood cause it looks so much better and feels better too.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I don't know that's why I'm bouncing ideas around here to see what people think ,maybe they just liked stone maybe they were religeous and were not permitted to use anything else or its just artistic flair or creativity like making a table you can make it out of concrete or plastic but instead you use wood cause it looks so much better and feels better too.

I guess the best we can say is at (hopefully) some time in the future we'll make contact and find out what they like to build with - if they build anything that is!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Pity we don't know at the moment cause if we did I would be rushing around buying begging stealing every scrap of said material I can find preparing to resell it to them at a good price of course.... This will only work if they don't warp in with plasma cannons levelled and take what they want of course,but I like to think there is a galactic book of rules out there forbidding this....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Pity we don't know at the moment cause if we did I would be rushing around buying begging stealing every scrap of said material I can find preparing to resell it to them at a good price of course.... This will only work if they don't warp in with plasma cannons levelled and take what they want of course,but I like to think there is a galactic book of rules out there forbidding this....

we'll just have to wait....dang

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join