SpaceX is planning a Mars colony, would you go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think this is awesome, I'm not sure how quickly it will get off the ground though. But, I think I would seriously consider going if I had the opportunity.

Elon Musk lecture at the Royal Aeronautical Society

So, to recap: Musk wants his private spaceflight business to send 80,000 people to Mars every year. They're not going to do that themselves, probably, but the company would certainly be leading the charge.

PopSci Article

The ride out would be pretty boring, but once you got out there you would be busy setting everything up. Which would be awesome all by itself. Setting up the first Mars outpost? Hell yeah! I know in my free time I would be wandering around checking stuff out.

Sure Mars looks pretty dull from what the rovers have shown us so far, but if there is any kind of excitement to be found, I can usually find it.

If you were offered to go to Mars, would you? and Why?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I would go without a second thought

beam me up scotty

SS

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yes

Most definitely

In a heart beat

Where do I sign?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'd gladly go....where can I sign up?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yes, spaceX would handle only the transport, not the actual colonies. And why would that be?
Because the government will want to have complete control of that part of it.

So no, as much as I would love to see it, I wouldn't go. Unless the colonists had a mutiny once they got there.
edit on 28-11-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I think this is awesome, I'm not sure how quickly it will get off the ground though. But, I think I would seriously consider going if I had the opportunity.

Elon Musk lecture at the Royal Aeronautical Society

So, to recap: Musk wants his private spaceflight business to send 80,000 people to Mars every year. They're not going to do that themselves, probably, but the company would certainly be leading the charge.

PopSci Article

The ride out would be pretty boring, but once you got out there you would be busy setting everything up. Which would be awesome all by itself. Setting up the first Mars outpost? Hell yeah! I know in my free time I would be wandering around checking stuff out.

Sure Mars looks pretty dull from what the rovers have shown us so far, but if there is any kind of excitement to be found, I can usually find it.

If you were offered to go to Mars, would you? and Why?

I wish Vegas would have a betting hand on this massive trick being displayed here. because i would bet every dollar,cd's,shares and bonds that I own , that there will be no Space x,y or z.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd go in a Nano-sec. However, I wouldn't want to stay forever (1 way trip). Wouldn't one get weaker over time because of Mar's weaker gravitational field? However, to visit would be awsome! I'd do anything to go! Well, almost anything........

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
No. Why? You would be effectively enslaved on Mars. They would be charging you for everything including the air you breathe. I say we send all of the liberals. They like nanny state living anyway.

I just wanted to laugh at the irony of a poster complaining about liberals and then predicting that a private corporate settlement would be an unbearable hellhole. Make your mind up!

With regard to a mars colony I would certainly go depending on the terms of course. I would love to visit Mars and would be anxious to take some of the earliest photos of its beauty spots

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lobbyist1
I wish Vegas would have a betting hand on this massive trick being displayed here. because i would bet every dollar,cd's,shares and bonds that I own , that there will be no Space x,y or z.

What are you on about? SpaceX exists and they've launched spacecraft to the ISS.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm glad to see some other like minded individuals here.

I mean, Come on! It's Freaken Mars!

Look, I don't trust the Govt. for a second, but you know what? I would be willing to take the risk on this one. I think it would have to be mostly privately funded anyway, since most governments a pretty much broke as it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Interesting comments/answers/views. As much as I would love to be involved in something like that (especially actually going there), the thought of being in a "corporate colony" or "government-run colony" is pretty damned scary. Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If I can get a place next to the lake. And if not may save up for the first out of system colonisation. Seriously I wish them all the very best and I consider this essential for human survival. - Planing a thread next year on the fastest way for us to spread out into the galaxy. Got a plan - should be fun

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Not after I've seen Total Recall..

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

if i was able to bring brewing supplys and my special blend of HERBS and spices i would be the first to sign up. were do i sign up?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hell yeah i'd go!

Take me to ur leader martians!

Go in heartbeat and enjoy the undiscovered country.
edit on 28-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'd sign up, but I would have to be able to take my PC and my kids....

I'd never come back either as long as I had the internet, Steam still worked and I could get the latest games

What are you chatting about?

Space X is a successful company and is in direct competition with the more established launch operators like ESA or Russia.

See here for the latest challenge from Space X against the worlds leading heavy-lift rocket, Ariane 5

edit on 28/11/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

What are you on about? SpaceX exists and they've launched spacecraft to the ISS.

Wow , I didnt know our own orbit is considered space travel, ,,,,,,,,,,let alone to Mars!!!!!!!

Nice try wise guy, but you know more me.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd go to work security just so people can call me Master Jedi. I'd wear a robe too.

I would refer to Mars as Tatooine, and my dog would be named Chewbacca.

Yes, I would live out the rest of my days as a Jedi on a remote desert planet...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd want to bring my family, friends, and so on. And as for bringing my pc? Could you imagine the bills for the internet????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join