It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics is broken!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

E=mc^2

All is energy.
What is happening is energy is moving.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
A case in point is E=mc^2, beautifully elegant, yet solving the field equations that arise from it, for the real world, is impressively complex.

'The real world'?
The world is complex because it can be anything that can be imagined.
Stop imagining and see and hear the real.
And then find what is seeing and hearing.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I have an answer, but you're not going to like it....

Evolution is not the evolution of life, it is the evolution of energy's concepts. Energy has concepts or instructions, and these concepts change, as energy's concepts evolve.

The “problem” you're seeing is that sciences try to explain our realm as a static thing, but it is not. Whether a God is constantly changing the actions of energy, or a God set the changes in motion, I do not know. All I know is that I see a change in energy's concepts, and this change is what you see as being broken. Our realm is not a static thing.

If you want some peer reviews for that, I can't offer any, as I do not have enough “grant money” to pay scientists to produce them.

If you want to read more about the change of concepts, as I see them, click the link in my signature.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by jiggerj

He said that no one can pinpoint where a photon will hit a sensor, but physicists can say with some certainty that 33% of photons will land in a certain area, and a percentage will hit here and there. So, Brian throws an imaginary photon ball and it lands in that 33% region of the sensor at the end of the alley.

Now, wait a minute. If we take that one photon hit on the sensor and reverse it, we would HAVE TO find a reason for that photon to hit exactly where it did. I mean, there has to be a reason - a cause - for the photon to fly the way it did. I have no idea what those causes were (gravity, bumping into another photon, a weak spot in the vacuum of space... I really have NO IDEA) but there had to be a reason for the photon to land where it did. Wouldn't you think?

He said no one can pinpoint - BUT physicists can say with SOME certainty!!! Not certainty!

You want a reason. Humans want reasons. Why? - is the cry of a human!

Humans can't see or hear what is happening because they want a reason for everything, they are distracted by the mind shouting 'Why?' and 'there must be a reason''. The mind now has you in it's grips, you become it's servant, you now seek an answer for the mind that cannot be found. It keeps you busy, it keeps you confused and it keeps you feeling inferior and lost.

I have no idea what your point is.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

He said that no one can pinpoint where a photon will hit a sensor, but physicists can say with some certainty that 33% of photons will land in a certain area, and a percentage will hit here and there. So, Brian throws an imaginary photon ball and it lands in that 33% region of the sensor at the end of the alley.

Now, wait a minute. If we take that one photon hit on the sensor and reverse it, we would HAVE TO find a reason for that photon to hit exactly where it did. I mean, there has to be a reason - a cause - for the photon to fly the way it did. I have no idea what those causes were (gravity, bumping into another photon, a weak spot in the vacuum of space... I really have NO IDEA) but there had to be a reason for the photon to land where it did. Wouldn't you think?

He said no one can pinpoint - BUT physicists can say with SOME certainty!!! Not certainty!

Humans can't see or hear what is happening because they want a reason for everything, they are distracted by the mind shouting 'Why?' and 'there must be a reason''. The mind now has you in it's grips, you become it's servant, you now seek an answer for the mind that cannot be found. It keeps you busy, it keeps you confused and it keeps you feeling inferior and lost.

The point is that there is no point - no reason. But the mind believes there must be.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

OMG...I cannot even articulate how perfect that response is if your avatar could talk....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The point is that there is no point - no reason. But the mind believes there must be.

What is the impetus for the behavior of physics on a quantum level?
What is the point of its behavior?
What is the reason for its mechanics?
No reason?
No point?
The fact that there is existence, necessitates reason.
Existence is a reaction to purpose.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

but purpose suggests intent, which suggests intelligent direction as it's foundation. that would mean that someone or something consciously and intently made it so. that's not very scientific.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

but purpose suggests intent, which suggests intelligent direction as it's foundation. that would mean that someone or something consciously and intently made it so. that's not very scientific.

was there a reason or purpose to why eyes came into existence? how about a brain? legs?

or all those things might as well be rocks.....?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Great OP.

The fact that you didn't put this in the Science forum shows how bad it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Have you ever gotten a reply from someone on ATS that was so incredibly absurd that you didn't even know what to do with it?

That would be yours.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

relax tutz. dont get ur panties in a bunch. it's called satire lmao

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Well, I'm certainly a tutz/toots

Panties unwound.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unclemobius

Our understanding of science is constantly changing and evolving, religion hasn't changed all that much, science is slowly starting to catch up with spirituality, when we can drop the dogmatic view and regimented thinking in the science community, science will meet up somewhere in the middle with religion and we will get the answers we are looking for.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

I think it's less of a divorce, and more about a new cousin that is still being introduced. Science will work it out, but it takes time. And jumping to ridiculous theories, like those from "What the BLEEP do we know" or other pseudo-scientific mockumentaries are not going to get us there any faster.

~ Wandering Scribe

I don't see how those theories are ridiculous, are you denying that an afterlife may exist? Do you deny OBE's or NDE's? I didn't buy into any of these theories either but I had an out of body experience and then another strange experience that I won't go into now convinced me two months ago that the atheistic belief I held for over thirty years was flawed, the science I believed in since 7th grade didn't add up anymore, I had to rethink everything I believed and came to the conclusion that I was wrong!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

I'd nearly forgotten about this thread...

Do you deny OBE's or NDE's?

I don't believe in out-of-body experiences, or near-death experiences.

I believe that the brain, when it is oxygen-starved, hallucinates and experiences things which aren't really happening. Usually these experiences are fueled by subconscious belief patterns. Perhaps this explains why ancient Egyptians who had a near-death experience saw the Duat and the Fields of Osiris; and why ancient Greeks who had near-death experiences saw the Asphodel Meadows; and why Hindus who have near-death experiences see the Bardos; and why Christians who have near-death experiences see Jesus and their families.

the science I believed in since 7th grade didn't add up anymore

What exactly didn't add up? Computers work, cars operate, vaccines vaccinate, GPS can pinpoint my position, chemical reactions still work how they did when I tested them in high school... what exactly has changed about science that suddenly "doesn't add up" which did before?

By the way, I'm not an atheist.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by 1nf1del

I'd nearly forgotten about this thread...

Do you deny OBE's or NDE's?

I don't believe in out-of-body experiences, or near-death experiences.

I believe that the brain, when it is oxygen-starved, hallucinates and experiences things which aren't really happening. Usually these experiences are fueled by subconscious belief patterns. Perhaps this explains why ancient Egyptians who had a near-death experience saw the Duat and the Fields of Osiris; and why ancient Greeks who had near-death experiences saw the Asphodel Meadows; and why Hindus who have near-death experiences see the Bardos; and why Christians who have near-death experiences see Jesus and their families.

the science I believed in since 7th grade didn't add up anymore

What exactly didn't add up? Computers work, cars operate, vaccines vaccinate, GPS can pinpoint my position, chemical reactions still work how they did when I tested them in high school... what exactly has changed about science that suddenly "doesn't add up" which did before?

By the way, I'm not an atheist.

~ Wandering Scribe

How about people who have NDE's and see something purposely placed high up on a shelf where the person would otherwise not even know about it, this was something I used to believe as well but you can't explain this phenomena away so easily!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

How about people who have NDE's and see something purposely placed high up on a shelf where the person would otherwise not even know about it, this was something I used to believe as well but you can't explain this phenomena away so easily!

I can quite simply refute that.

In scientific trials and experiments, where astral projectors and others who experience various out-of-body-phenomenon were tested under controlled conditions, they failed to identify hidden objects, objects on top of wardrobes, the time on clocks, and much, much more.

It is only in the tabloid stories, and the tales of a friend's friend's friend's aunt's cousin, where people claim to identify shoes on top of buildings, or missing pocket watches, and other similar episodes. Such a psychic capability has never been demonstrated once under scientific scrutiny.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by 1nf1del

I can quite simply refute that.

In scientific trials and experiments, where astral projectors and others who experience various out-of-body-phenomenon were tested under controlled conditions, they failed to identify hidden objects, objects on top of wardrobes, the time on clocks, and much, much more.

It is only in the tabloid stories, and the tales of a friend's friend's friend's aunt's cousin, where people claim to identify shoes on top of buildings, or missing pocket watches, and other similar episodes. Such a psychic capability has never been demonstrated once under scientific scrutiny.

~ Wandering Scribe

Here's where I call BS, scientific trials and experiments? Are you going to try to tell me they purposely kill people in experiments to see what happens? BS! The only tabloid stories I see are your posts!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Near-death experiences are not the only type of out-of-body experience one can have. You forgot about astral projection, shamanic journeys, and mental disconnects which tend to occur in times of great stress or pain. You don't need to be dead to experience hallucinations which appear to be out-of-body travels. Science does not need to kill you to study OBEs, they just need you to perform astral projection, a spirit quest, or an OBE.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join