It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Climate Changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reports of earthquakes, typhoons, hurriances, floods, volcano's have been flodding in since the last few weeks. Shouldn't we be taking this seriously? Here in UK, it's very windy, and we had a couple of storms yesterday(I have no idea if that is normal or not, when it comes to weather, everyone has a different opinion)

I know it is comfortable to ignore, or dimiss as just another insert weather phenomena or perhaps just not take notice of what's going on, but I would like to know the truth. Is there a major climate change taking place, becase I am expecting one, I would just like to know, if it's begun.
I don't want to end up being in the dark like the masses, like in the day after tommorow, and then suddenly thrust into an ice ago in a blink of an eye.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Its happening my friend, sooner than we think.

I live in england and this weather is like winter but its only autumn!

I am not looking foward to winter at all!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
...This is an old interest of mine. ....Even US government reports now acknowledge global warming and the role of human activity in causing it. The heating-cooling process described in "The Day After Tomorrow" has been well-investigated by governments around the world including the US, and publicized. ...Why don't people care? ...many forces are in play to 'prevent panic and chaos' and minimize the importance; life must go on; and of course, there's the dominant Christian plaint - trust in God and don't think. LOL.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I fear it is a common problem among many who believe that jesus is coming back soon that they don't need to have concern for the environment. This angers me to no end. Theres no way of knowing when the world will end so we have to make it a better place for everyone in the meantime.

Environment doesn't even come up very much in these elections and debates. Hasn't it occured to people that if you can't breathe the air theres no need for anything else. The first and foremost thing we NEED is air, plenty of clean air.

Please don't live like the world is ending tommorow people. Global warming is a huge issue that has been put on the back burner for too long. Do everything you can because you could be here the rest of your life!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The truth is it not a question of how to prevent it, i think its a natural process and man has contributed to this process. Its a question of how will humanity survive.

We need to divert money to survive this not try to stop the inevitable.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
The truth is it not a question of how to prevent it, i think its a natural process and man has contributed to this process. Its a question of how will humanity survive.

We need to divert money to survive this not try to stop the inevitable.

Yes certainly, we need to know how to survive. However, I am not counting on the government to fund a survival campaign. We have to do it ourselves. For now, all I need to know is the truth, just for the sake of it; has it begun? So far it looks like it has.

Are there any weather experts or geologists here who have an opinion on this?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The 6 earthquakes in Japan today have confirmed we really are going through climate changes. It is about time we take this seriously, as seriously as we take our daily lives.

new topics

top topics

join