It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolved Phantom │ UDK FPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I wanted to share the latest video of a game that I am working on. It is currently at a very early stage so I am also open to suggestions on story and gameplay ideas. Here is the video. Yes I am using UDK and lots of the standard UDK stuff, I will eventually have it all replaced with custom models etc.

Storyline idea:
So humans are now far more advanced, they have ventured into deep space and have also began to settle on alien planets beyond our own solar system. The game is set on a particular planet that humans discovered and found to be very similar to our own Earth, so they begin to colonies and inhabit the new world. They find many monolithic structures and ancient carvings in stone and the landscapes that they can not translate or decipher, however no signs of life are present. The colonization of the planet is peaceful for a long period until unexplained events start to occur, events that begin to divide and eventually cause global war between the people. The fighting goes on for centuries until eventually half of the population is destroyed or forced to flee off the planet. This is the general idea for the back story.

It gets interesting when people start reporting ghosts, supernatural events and people begin to lose their mind. They realize that the side they were fighting against were somehow possessed (Spoiler: Those who survived and stayed on the planet were actually the ones possessed). After these events start to occur they begin to adapt technology in order to fight the apparitions, this is where the gameplay of the game starts. I like the idea of the player being able to be a ghost or the advanced human and play with different abilities etc. I am keeping this short but I have lots of ideas. The *title hints at the possible ending or part of the story line though it is subject to change, like how the title sounds?

If you have read this far and like where I am going with this please share your thoughts and even make some suggestions on the storyline and the gameplay.
edit on 28-11-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Question. Is this a single player game?
Or multi player game?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Question. Is this a single player game?
Or multi player game?

I am hoping for multiplayer though it is possible it will start of as single player. Ideally I want as many people fighting in large open spaces as possible so if it is possible I would like bots fighting amongst real players.

new topics

join