It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Ancient Aliens or Mother Nature?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree with you Detroit did what it was designed to do. I'm just saying kids could have kids on a decent pay. The problem with that is the kids having kids not knowing how to raise a kid. Leads to being lazy, doing drugs, robbing and stealing cause the parents just want to be the kids friend cause they had them at 15-18 years of age and with the rise of technology it's easier to buy your kids stuff to distract them than it is to be a good parent and teach them how to read and do math and science, enjoy nature, hiking, playing sports, just being a productive member of society. I believe that's the biggest problem with America not just Detroit just use that as an example.

One day the world will face a depopulation where technology is gone and it's all about family and community again. Then it will grow and technology will boom and we will have the EXACT same issues just a different time. So don't blame anyone for anything it is just the way it is just try to smile more than you frown cause one day your turn is up.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As far as the big bang goes, (and yes there have been more than one) God manifested the necessary gases needed for the basis of what is known as creation. That is the beginning of this enormous chain reaction. The process is still ongoing.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
By the way, statistics will eventually show that it HAS to be possible that other intelligent life exists besides humans.

For me that's a non argument.
Others can talk all they want about there not being anybody else out there except us.

If there is a God he didn't create this unbelievably large Universe just for us. In my mind he made homes for others. If we are just the result of some random chemical interaction then that also means to me that out of the entire universe the odds are extremely high and in favor of others.

No matter how one slices it ET has to be out there.
In My Humble Opinion of course.

The real question is do they visit us?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I agree with that somewhere out there, in a lot of places out there "aliens" are having the same conversation.

If there isn't "aweful waste of space"-Contact

The question is why would they visit us is what I ask,

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I read this:

en.wikipedia.org...

But then again I use to watch a lot of Star Trek

Many of the principles in science fiction movies are real. There is very little chance people imagine everything. Imagination has limits. But hey, keep being a good christian and paying your dues. The parish loves you!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Have a point there beyond the personal snip?

Expected from the aliens and ufos are among us but god isn't crowd.
edit on 29-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The real question is do they visit us?

The real question is HOW do they CONTROL US!

The universe is teaming with life even if we consider the probabilities associated with the drake equation.

SETI is a joke and a distraction.

People going into deep caves usually NEVER come back out.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
By the way, statistics will eventually show that it HAS to be possible that other intelligent life exists besides humans.

What are the odds, given this geometrical relationship

of a ten fingered (the integers involved are all base ten) self aware observer looking up and beholding their single, giant moon perfectly eclipsing their sun, yes even if there are as many or more stars in all the universe as there are grains of sand on all the beaches of the earth?

A dual moon (or more) system might, I repeat might, be able to provide the same kind of dynamic equillibrium for life to arise and flourish, but there's something rather astonishing and extraordinary about our own unique earth-moon-sun relationship.

Until I really started looking into this, I figured - percentage of rocky earth like worlds in the habitable zone, divide a few times and there it is, but no, it's not that simple by any stretch of the imagination.

In fact I think our situation is so unique that if we are being visited from ET's from "out there" somewhere, that, statistically, they would probably have to be coming from another galaxy altogether.

It's not just the distance of the earth to the sun, but it's tilt and angle, and wobbling motion through the seasons (generated by the single, large moon) which creates the conditions for life. Without the moon's influence for example, we would not have free flowing water around the entire sphere and half the world would end up either frozen, in a runaway greenhouse hotbox and/or covered in massive storm activity.

The earth is perfectly situated, not only in terms of distance, but of tilt and back and forth motion, such that ANY deviation from precisely what it is, and well, I wouldn't be here typing this to you.

It is a VERY cosmologically unique configuration, not easily replicable, anywhere else.

And I was very disappointed I must say to arrive at this conclusion, which throws the likes of the Drake Equation into serious disrepute.

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

If neil armstrong goes into a cave, then you know it is worthwhile....

Ufos going into the dulce plateau, but how?

People in montauk missing time?

Airplanes flying into the abyss?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I question just how old is Earth's "Wobble" really is.

I've been contemplating and toying with the idea that the Earth has had a fairly recent glancing blow of some sort that knocked us cockeyed fairly recently [geologically speaking] and within Modern mans early existence.

This could explain why many of the earliest cultures/civilizations all around the world were seemingly obsessed with the Spring and Winter solstices. Whether they were in the Northern Latitudes, Southern Latitudes or around the equator. At some point they all became very interested in tracking the sky. All around the same time period or closely enough.

Maybe..

Because of this quick drastic change they were scrambling to observe and develop an understanding of the effects this "New Wobble" had on their world.

Could correspond with the development of agriculture, because now they HAD to know when to plant or simply observing the heavens making sure nothing drastic was happening again

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why does it have to be one or the other. How about this, it was god, mother nature and ancient aliens who did it and created it all, and last but not least lets not forget that man a hand in things as well, oh and woman to. But in my opinion I think such a question does not matter at all, in the stretches of eons things come, and things go, and eventually everything will just become dust which in turn will return unto the void whence it came from. In the stretch of things it really does not matter who or what did anything. As it all eventually comes down to it being but moments of no significance but to those who observed and experienced it, and even that to will fade eventually.

To quote Macbeth.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more: it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Why does it have to be one or the other...

In the stretch of things it really does not matter who or what did anything

You asked a question. That's a great example of why it matters.
Why ask if it doesn't matter?
Because you are curious that's why.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more: it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

Yet, Life exists and questions it's own existence

Love Macbeth

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Actually no there are ancient lunar calendars (carved in bone). What they were obsessed with was the idea of time and of predicting the moon's cycle, which can be a real life saver when it comes time to plant and to harvest. Also the female reproduction cycle is tied to the moon. They realized that the motion and waxing and waning process of the moon was tied to the annual cycle of the seasons and to their own cycle of life, the tracking of which would provide them with predictive power.

If the earth was whacked in the ancient history of man, we wouldn't be here.

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Actually no there are ancient lunar calendars.

How old?
Remember, this could have happened at the earliest points in human development of culture/civilization

What they were obsessed with was the idea of time and of predicting the moon's cycle, which can be a real life saver when it comes time to plant and to harvest. Also the female reproduction cycle is tied to the moon. They realized that the motion and waxing and waning process of the moon was tied to the seasons.

All of which could have been caused by, developed, started and been created or conceived as result of recognizing the new wobble.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I guess I wasn't really clear enough. (When re-reading I actually didn't state what I meant)

Statistics will soon show that there has to be other intelligent life in the Universe besides humans.

Drakes equation only accounts the Milky Way galaxy.

The Drake equation is a mathematical equation used to estimate the number of detectable extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy.

But if you want to use it with the Universe.

Based on observations from the Hubble Space Telescope, there are at least 125 billion galaxies in the observable Universe. It is estimated that at least ten percent of all sun-like stars have a system of planets,[100] i.e. there are 6.25×1018 stars with planets orbiting them in the observable Universe. Even if we assume that only one out of a billion of these stars have planets supporting life, there would be some 6.25×109 (billion) life-supporting planetary systems in the observable Universe.

I'm talking about the entire Universe. The math speaks for itself.

The only thing scientists do that make me mad (And I have been
in love with everything having to do with science since I was 12)
is think that just because we're "intelligent" life forms with
a so called perfect moon, perfect sun, and are the
perfect distance from it, that other intelligent life must
fit a CRITERIA THAT WE MADE UP THAT ONLY SUPPORTS
US.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

If the earth was whacked in the ancient history of man, we wouldn't be here.

I said "Glancing blow"

I'm not saying the below posted image of the Arizona impact caused the wobble but in answer to your statement, the Earth was whacked 50,000 years ago which is well within mans existence of the last 200,000 to 300,000 years.

edit on 29-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Leaving it all on Darwin's theory is ignorance and stupidity, not that there was no evolution but one has to wonder - EVOLUTION STARTED WHERE?

You know and others have said this very thing on this site before. but it could be that once they fully unravel the genome junk DNA and all and once they can understand and translate the whole thing.

Well then what are the chances that they will find a patent number on humans and humanity which could likely come with the disclaimer of. "Made in Alpha Centauri, no returns no refunds"

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Actually no there are ancient lunar calendars.

How old?
Remember, this could have happened at the earliest points in human development of culture/civilization

What they were obsessed with was the idea of time and of predicting the moon's cycle, which can be a real life saver when it comes time to plant and to harvest. Also the female reproduction cycle is tied to the moon. They realized that the motion and waxing and waning process of the moon was tied to the seasons.

All of which could have been caused by, developed, started and been created or conceived as result of recognizing the new wobble.

Very old (first lunar calendars) dating back to as far as 25,000 BC, although the bone carving depicted only a two month lunar calendar.

We as a species would not have survived any such collision capable of knocking the earth from one wobble to another. Not even the meteor impact in the Yakatan Peninsula which wiped out the Dinosaurs would have caused the earth to alter its axis and anything bigger than that would be an ELE.

P.S. I meant whacked right off it's axis and onto another axis.

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
We should be looking after mother nature and not abusing our powers. We have no place to go if we destroy this ecosystem. Mankind has historically kept the population trimmed by fighting amongst each other. When it got tight for food a lot of people were killed except those who could provide food for the ones in charge. This has been going on for thousands of years, it is instinct. It keeps us from devastating the foodchain. I don't think people are as civilized as they think they are. When this instinct kicks in we will do what our ancestors did. We will have wars. The problem is that the weapons we have developed will ruin the land and also kill our foodchain. Not by any means a good thing to happen. I hope the god that we wisen up and start working with nature instead of against her. God will not protect us if we do not respect his creation. I will be the first to admit that I haven't a clue what is really going on in the world. I try to understand what people are trying to do but see nothing but mistakes being made throughout their efforts. Isn't there someone smart to watch after this mess they have created worldwide?

Look at us and in relation to the universe..the scale of things, makes you realise we don't know jack and we are nothing but dust to something else far superior out there (who knows, what we see as a galaxy is in fact a living being interacting with another galaxy just at our perception it is not doing anything substantial).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I understand what you're saying which is why I said if there's ET life that it's probably outside our galaxy, the point being that life on earth, yes life as we know it, is poised on the razors edge of a very VERY fine and precise balancing act, which is't just about a rocky water world residing in the habitable zone but one that was apparently custom made for the type of life we experience.

The Drake Equation simply assumes that x amount of planets in the habitable zone = life, but even of those, they too would have to be dynamically balanced in favor of life and thus would require a similar earth-moon-sun relationship or something capable of mimicking an approximation of what we experience here.

And I'm talking about intelligent self aware life, not just amoebae floating in some soup or in a cloud.

Without the type of balancing act ie: tilt of the earth, seasonable wobble, etc, we wouldn't be here like this.

The same type of conditions would have to be met somewhere else, it's not as simple as having a rocky water world even one located perfectly in the habitable zone, there's much more required even for stable conditions to occur ie: right temperature zone, liquid water etc.

I was disappointed myself to discover just how very rare and unique it is, used to think that the universe must be just teeming with life not unlike that found on earth, but now I'm not so sure.

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join