It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Ancient Aliens or Mother Nature?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A&M University study is in the midst of peer-review after a 5-year study concluded that Sasquatch DNA is in fact half human and half an unknown hominid species.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Actually you may have posted that in the wrong thread

If not, being a Bigfoot believer this doesn't surprise me. There are many Native American tales of the Big guy walking off with a maiden or two that were never to be heard from again from quite a few tribes going back centuries.

One of my threads on the Big guy ---> Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

edit on 29-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
A&M University study is in the midst of peer-review after a 5-year study concluded that Sasquatch DNA is in fact half human and half an unknown hominid species.

news.discovery.com...

The poor dears, we're screwed up enough as it is. No wonder they have to spend their entire life in hiding from humans. They must be smart, however stinky some of them are reported to be, a trait probably evolved in relation, to humans, and our ancestors on the premise that if we did see one, we'd take on look, a sniff of the air and run for our lives.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Vandettas

I understand what you're saying which is why I said if there's ET life that it's probably outside our galaxy, the point being that life on earth, yes life as we know it, is poised on the razors edge of a very VERY fine and precise balancing act, which is't just about a rocky water world residing in the habitable zone but one that was apparently custom made for the type of life we experience.

The Drake Equation simply assumes that x amount of planets in the habitable zone = life, but even of those, they too would have to be dynamically balanced in favor of life and thus would require a similar earth-moon-sun relationship or something capable of mimicking an approximation of what we experience here.

And I'm talking about intelligent self aware life, not just amoebae floating in some soup or in a cloud.

Without the type of balancing act ie: tilt of the earth, seasonable wobble, etc, we wouldn't be here like this.

The same type of conditions would have to be met somewhere else, it's not as simple as having a rocky water world even one located perfectly in the habitable zone, there's much more required even for stable conditions to occur ie: right temperature zone, liquid water etc.

I was disappointed myself to discover just how very rare and unique it is, used to think that the universe must be just teeming with life not unlike that found on earth, but now I'm not so sure.

But if it did exist, life, another world of life, then indeed it would have to have the precise "moon action" or dynamic equilibrium balancing not at all unlike that of the Earth, without which it's my understanding that a rockey WATER world ie: with liquid water over most of the entire circumference of the planet IS NOT POSSIBLE, as left to itself it will eventually fall over or tidal lock with the sun, leaving a world inhospitable for something even beginning to approach the type of life experience we enjoy here on earth.

Oh there's life and where there's life there's evolution, and the definition of "intelligence" could be expanded when we think of it as emotional self awareness or a self realized experience - animals on earth are emotional many of them for example, is that not awareness and self perception?

Thus, if we are to make an estimate of the number of earth-like worlds in the universe, we have to hope against hope that it's ubiquitous enough such that we will find a WATER world within a small sphere of stars in our quadrant of the Milky Way, or we'll never know.

There is presently, the largest scientific project of it's kind under way, right now, to build a MASSIVE radio telescope array in Africa, maybe even including sitess in Australia, which when taken together will represent a radio telescope the size of the earth itself (I'll start a thread on this), and many of the dishes are already in place, which is to be completed by 2020. A South African visionary is behind it, as are most of the major industrialized countries of the world, including China. Once completed, this "eye" on the Universe will be able to detect the atmospheric spectroscopy of individual planets. (this is our best hope in our lifetime to know, and it's sphere ought to be able to probe the very deepest depths of our entire galaxy, so we'll see if the Drake Equation can be applied to the Milky Way Galaxy as a whole and that's exciting!

What we need to find is a liquid water world with a bio signature.

If we find one, just one - then we will have the statistical probability of Earth-like worlds, even in the universe (given similar galactic conditions).

My fear, based on the apparent cosmological uniqueness of the earth-moon-sun balanced relationship, and the required "moon action" is that we will not find one within that sphere that small, marble-sized sphere of the Milky Way that we are presently engaged in analyzing via the Kepler Telescope and other planet-hunting methods.

This doesn't mean that it (life not unlike earth) didn't happen somewhere else, somewhere and at some time, and there may be other configurations of planetary evolution capable of supporting earth-like conditions, but from the research I've done it''s as much a moon issue as it is one of the right type of composition at the right distance from the sun.

And you have to admit that the uniqueness, the cosmological distinctness of this configuration here, is rather astonishing!

MUST WATCH!

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's a signature of intelligent design, imho.

The only question now, from a human perspective is "what does it mean or signify?"

Here's a couple of relevant passages from the Bible, which I think are noteworthy if we've established that man and the world was created by intelligent design.

Psalm 102:25
In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Isaiah 28:16
So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation

Isaiah 51:13
that you forget the LORD your Maker, who stretches out the heavens and who lays the foundations of the earth, that you live in constant terror every day because of the wrath of the oppressor, who is bent on destruction? For where is the wrath of the oppressor?

Amos 9:6
he builds his lofty palace in the heavens and sets its foundation on the earth; he calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out over the face of the land— the LORD is his name. (the moon, his best tool)

Haggai 2:18
‘From this day on, from this twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the LORD’s temple was laid. Give careful thought:

That last scriptural quote refers to a coincidence between the Hebrew lunar calendar and the gestation period (approximately) of the human being.

Things that make ya go hmmm...

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Johncarter12345

unless what the ancients knew as "Gods" were really demons in disguise. think about it, satan wanted to be worshiped like God in heaven, so why not do so on earth. and with the deception of just "aliens" rather than demonic beings, todays society can give a better understanding to them, even fear them, which is what they want. People would likely listen to and follow an Alien rather than something that came out and said they were a straight up demon.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Several natural, i.e. non-god/alien reasons come to mind:

1) The last period of glaciation receded about 10,000 years ago, as I understand it, and agriculture and animal domestication -- besides of dogs - began during this time period. Agriculture allows for a much larger and sustainable food supply, so there can then be division of labor to matters besides gathering/hunting for food. Also, all the various domesticated plants and animals didn't just show up everywhere cotemporaneously, and until some of the primary ones were spread around, agriculture and animal husbandry would have had only limited benefits.

2) Homo sapiens may have been around for several hundred thousand years, but we had to build up a critical mass of persons to allow for the onset of agriculture and division of labor. Also, for most of that time, we were likely involved in conflicts with other hominids, including Neanderthal and Homo Heidelbergis (sp?). If I recall correctly, the last Neanderthals were believed to have been around until 10-20 thousand years ago, so for most of our history we were busy with killing off our competitors -- and before that just staying alive and one step ahead of the more abundant, albeit less advanced, other hominid species. I would imagine that this 200k year period of existence wasn't one of constant progress. There were likely all kinds of set backs along the way before modern man/woman was on the ascendence for the long term. Just think of the various plagues as well as the Dark Ages, which have beset humans in recorded history.

3) It still took time to develop language and other skills that were helpful both to survive/flourish as well as to develop new technologies and ideas and to pass them along long-term.

4) Another possibility is that humans have evolved since early humans, and have developed better language and reasoning skills, and that such soft-tissue improvements do not show up in the fossil record, and that there is not enough DNA evidence from these early humans to show this is the case. To me this is the most speculative of reasons, so don't pooh-pooh my overall reasoning just because of this one talking point.

5) As we know, technology seems to advance in an exponential fashion; things are changing/advancing much more rapidly now than they did even 50 years ago. Extrapolate this into the past and it is not surprising that it took a long time to develop past rudimentary hunter-gatherer technologies.

6) A lot of technologies involve various resources, such as metals, that we didn't always have access to. It took time to discover them and even more time to figure out how to use/process them as well as to come up with uses for them. This explanation also sort of falls under reason #5.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Very interesting and well organized and put and it does make sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If the seed or origin of the moon is of unnatural or superintelligent design origin, which pulled just the right amount of mantle material from the early earth to embark upon a trajectory in favor of evolution, including human evolution, right up to the present moment which just so happens to coincide with a perfect eclipse and reflection of the sun, then there's hope for life not unlike earth being relatively common in the galaxy and universe. Otherwise, if "merely" a cosmic "coincidence" then the statistical probability of earth-like worlds diminishes exponentially. It should also be noted that the orbit of the moon has it mimicking the sun, not only to rise at night as the lessor light, but also at opposite solstices ie: the moon rises at the opposing winter and summer solar solstice (no kidding!), something recognizable and meaningful or significant only from the POV of an earth-based observer. Quite the "coincidental" feat given that the moon orbits the earth and the earth, the sun!

So I've come to the conclusion that there are inserted strategically into the galactic accretion discs these cosmological life-seeds as astroengineered objects of the most sophisticated variety. In other words that the "field" left to itself only takes a world so far and that these moon-seeds (foundation cornerstones) need to be dispersed from somewhere by someONE whether God, an "angel", even ancient alien (although God only knows if that were the case how they originated) to till and seed the field with life, the implication of which is that our self realization in evolutionary history as children OF God is the harvest, whereby consciousness begets consciousness, made by a self consciously aware being, of some kind (probably God), to enjoy having an actual experience at some point in time and history, and in looking up at the signs in the heavens, even right next door in the case of our moon, realize that everything was made by the father (first/last cause, first father of creation) for the son, because of love. For sharing, for mutuality, and this is why we are wise, those who can see and recognize God's handiwork, to maintain what might be called an indespensible I-thou relationship even with the Absolute Godhead himself, intimately (Abba!). It's like meeting up with ourselves and realizing that at some deep, fundamental level, we've had a part to play in this, however mindboggling that realization may be ie: that we, like Jesus, were with God from the time before time (before the foundation of the world), and now have come into an inheritance of life meeting life that we did not work for (because we are preceded by the originating intelligent creative agency).

It's kind of amuzing when you really think about it, the lengths to which love will go to share an experience of life.

Anything else reduces the human being to a thing, but many of us know better and the origins and destinies data even that we are presently immersed within, demonstrates otherwise very clearly for those with the eyes to see and the rational faculty from which to draw the right conclusions about man's true place in the creation as children of a loving and infinitely intelligent Godhead (and any agents thereof who do God's will).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Ba'albek stone, weighs over a million pounds. We don't have tech that can even lift or move this carved stone yet

I've argued both sides of the ba'albek question. The one fact that everybody on both sides seems to miss and it's staring everybody in the face is that......

The Romans, God, Giants or ET failed.
It got stuck where it's at and they couldn't move it.

We don't know why that thing is still there. A likely scenario would be construction couldn't be finished, wether a cataclysm or war broke out who knows? But an interesting thing is, you can find those types of blocks all under Mt. Moriah in Jerusalem. Subsequent peoples built ontop of them in later periods.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
And this is why, or one of many reasons, that Christianity is actually a very reasonable (however unreasonably reasonable) position to take. And the VALUE it then assigns to us, my God, we cannot even begin to imagine or maybe just begin to.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

And then we look at the "signs" in the moon earth sun relationship, and recognize that it's all for us. Why would such a being not then establish themselves as being in relationship with the designer in a type of parent/child relationship based on love, for love, because of love?

For Jesus, God was as much an intimate, personal relationship, as a spiritual reality (an experience) as he was the first/last cause (from above) and the first father of all creation (source). Perhaps we are made to express or reflect the nature or aspect of this creator God while retaining an I-Thou relationship WITH God. A logical and rational person of intelligence could easily draw such a conclusion and then act from that foundation or cornerstone by first asking themselves, once that relationship has been established via meditation, contemplation, prayer, and logical deduction - what then are our (my own) commitments and obligations to one another and to US as fellow children of God who share the very same ground of all being and becoming and in the space of unconditioned being, what motivating factor leads to right thinking, being and action? Out of nothingness, is not the very reason for creation, love, and the desire to share in order to enjoy meaningful experience?

Note also that the moon perfectly reflects the sun - I tell you it's a sign directed towards man and one which Jesus interpreted correctly as a trained Magus.

I am so happy than I am not the only one capable of considering this idea. Thank you therefore, for the opportunity to share some of what I've discovered in my own investigation of these matters.

From what I can tell, the atheist and purely material monist (thingness) position is both presumptuous and small minded.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Actually they continued building the temple unabated just switching to smaller blocks.

Here you'll see the other giant blocks at the base.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Nice,
But what if God created men who were hunters/gatherers.
Then He made Adam, taught him how to plant and tend a garden.
I am not to sure if Adam was aware of the other people since he was cooped up in the Garden. He could have probably been in the garden for many, many moons (eons) before getting kicked out.
Adam was immortal until this big falling out. But once out, he started aging. Hmmmm, I say he probably got kicked out six to ten thousand years ago.
By this time the world could of had a huge population of Neanderthals. Then comes Adam (modern man) with his knowledge of agriculture.
This knowledge would spread rather quickly as the "Sons of God looked upon the daughters of men, found them to be beautiful and took them for wives".
We now have evidence that modern man did in fact have off spring with Neanderthals, we can still find traces of their genes in our DNA. Could this be who Cain was afraid would kill him when God sent him to Nod? Could this be who he married? Could these other people be who helped him build the first city?
This is a quick break down of what I see when I read Genesis, that and the order in which life formed according to biology.
My previous post in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Quad

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I believe , in the children of the future.... Wait where the hell did that come from ^^

I believe it could be a mixture of all three. While ultimately I don't believe one damn word from any of the books on religion or even the institutions that pimp them, something made all this crap. I don't mean just our planet or even milky way I mean everything. And to me , everything seems to have some kind of intelligent design. Everything just seems to fit and work perfectly.

I think our current position in life has been altered at least a little bit from other off world cultures either through direct contact or indirect. I mean were sending off probes sending people to other places. If other cultures have been doing it for thousands of years they may have crap all over the place from crashing probes here and what not. or even possibly forced to live here by accident. if they were sending probes in first place. they may have made some attempts to land and realised had wrong tech to get out, who knows. if any of the super light speed things in the sky are them, that has certainly changed since the first visit lol.

And I think mother natures is like the DNA changer, always mixing stuff up on the planet to make sure some sort of life continues. Whether its human or an ant. Always mixing and churning out different types of life. Hell the earth may even be alive for all we know it might be some type of organism and we are the sucker fish that live off its sides.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Actually no there are ancient lunar calendars.

For the longest time man was a hunter/gather who had no need of calendars it wasn't until man started putting things in the ground did calenders come about.

thats my story and I stickin to it however other people are free to chime in on that.
edit on 29-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Question:

God, Ancient Aliens or Mother Nature?

Answer:

Actually, both aliens and mother nature would stem from god if you believe in a higher power. Maybe it's all three?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Whoever "got" the info I've put forward here and in recognition of it's reasonableness however unimaginable the implications, laughed out loud, I tell you that you are blessed immeasurably, not for agreeing with me, but for realizing something about your true nature and standing as a human being and as an actual child of God whereby God is neither within or without or an external entity, but our very condition as we were made by design. It's like an absolute liberation from a position of absolute helplessness and uncertainty. It's funny, and whoever gets the joke is surely blessed already.

that you forget the LORD your Maker, who stretches out the heavens and who lays the foundations of the earth, that you live in constant terror every day because of the wrath of the oppressor, who is bent on destruction? For where is the wrath of the oppressor?
~Isaiah 51:13

The idea here, embedded in the truth is that we are protected and liberated from any possibility of predation by any power or principality, whereby the one above all shares all and loves without limitation. It's not eat or be eaten when the high priest of the temple of the living God is the very cake that you can both have and eat as well (as spiritual food in the form of increasing self knowledge and understanding).

Just had to add that in case there's anyone out there who "grokked" it, the implications of knowing one's self to be a created being made by intelligent design for the sake of love.

God Bless,

NAM

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I wished I could have starred myself for that one, it was so beautiful and so funny both at the same time.

As to the ancient aliens, or modern ones, I wish they'd all just go home wherever that may be. This ought to be protected space with privacy rights and freedoms, while still functioning as the future glorious star atop the tree of life, with all kinds of presents laid below, easily accessible no matter where you are.

I wish they'd all find their gateways and go home to ticker tape parades (or their alien equivalent) with hats (or their equivalent) in the air, and if some need to make amends when they get there, so be it. When they get there they can report, God and people willing, that the "death star" (earth) has been "deactivated" and is safely entering into a new golden age of reason and spirit ie: the wedding feast.

And without their help, and armed with nothing but faith the size of a mustard seed, we can simply pray that the "rolling stones" no matter how old, will safely perform another world tour. If God's "got this" then he's got it, right, and here we all still are safe and sound.

It's nice to be so included, and as needed, reintegrated. It's a real comfort, without any loss of reason, only gains, but funny, in hindsight. No matter how evolved or involved we become, there's still lots of comedic material hanging around from our individual and collective human history, enough to last at least a millenium or more, and as long as our full sense of humor is intact, then man can face down and do anything. We were made for "high performance" and there's more going on than meets the eye as we all know.

In a non-local, holographic universe - LOCAL MATTERS. The smallest and the most mundane things are sacred, truly sacred.

Aliens? Meh.

They have no business in human affairs, it's an abomination at this point the very notion. Once the seed takes root and begins to blossom here and there, there's no stopping the harvest.

"Be not afraid, and do not let your hearts be troubled - for it pleased the father to share.his kingdom with all his children!" (said with a smile).

How could we have been so stupid to have swallowed Newton's apple and Aristotle's academic categorization of the world?

We are not specks of dust. We stand next the very Godhead on a mountaintop of cosmic evolution, that's the truth, and we're not things, our experience matters, and everything we think, feel and do resonates in eternity, everything worthwhile that is, while the rest just falls away simply because it makes no sense at all and isn';t the least bit reasonable in the first place ie: absurd.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Vandettas
By the way, statistics will eventually show that it HAS to be possible that other intelligent life exists besides humans.

For me that's a non argument.
Others can talk all they want about there not being anybody else out there except us.

If there is a God he didn't create this unbelievably large Universe just for us. In my mind he made homes for others. If we are just the result of some random chemical interaction then that also means to me that out of the entire universe the odds are extremely high and in favor of others.

No matter how one slices it ET has to be out there.
In My Humble Opinion of course.

The real question is do they visit us?

Can I ask....how do you know that the universe is really "as big" as they say it is? I ask this in all sincerity because your subsequent beliefs, as expressed above, stem directly from what you understand as truth.
A very select group control the equipment which supposedly gives us the information pertaining to this universe, whilst 99.9% of us (which includes most astronomers) can only look through a telescope at the night sky. That 99.9%, for all intents and purposes, could be viewing a giant planetarium and never know the difference.

Computer graphics and artists could easily produce those images of fantastic nebulas that are released for public consumption, and yet, they all stem from this very elite group who control and own that very equipment. 99.9% of the world's population has no way of confirming these photos as truth, but yet, we believe them.

Man can become corrupted by power and authority. Man likes to make a name for himself. Man loves adoration. Man likes to think of himself as a little god, defining good and evil for himself. Absolute power absolutely corrupts. It feeds the ego. The teachers and leaders in Jesus' day killed the Son of God out of envy. Their earthly power and authority over their subjects was directly threatened by simple faith in Jesus because they lost their control over those whose eyes were opened to truth.

Fast forward to today. Darwin is name held in high esteem, he is a man of reknown. Hs likeness was even placed in a naitivity scene by atheists. His theory is taught as fact and controls the thinking of many. This theory alone accounts for the single biggest reason why hundreds of millions of descendants of Christian forefathers can no longer believe in Creation. The 'teachers and leaders' of today, who themselves reject Jesus, teach our children that science is now truth. Additionally, a select group of men own and produce every bit of media that we consume. It is no coincidence that they too reject Jesus. Every day this pulpit holds up men and women - whether celebrities, scientists or sports stars - for us to idolise, which is worship. All of this collectively leads the population today to be exactly like the crowds of Judea two thousand years ago - being controlled by earthly men who have positioned themselves into positions of authority and control over us and into positions which are idolised by their subjects.

What if everything that you currently hold as 'truth', largely given to you by this very small and powerful group to remove your worship from your Creator to themselves, disintegrated tomorrow? This is the threat of Jesus to the men in power today. He still heals the eyes to see and still heals deafness to hear. What if you got down on your knees tonight and asked your Creator to show you the truth behind the multiple similarities that you find in all your threads about ancient civilisations? Could you handle His truth? Do you love truth enough to let go of your current beliefs? The answer to this question determines our destiny. Many will choose to believe the lie because of the love of unrighteousness that believing the lie affords e.g. loving the lie which says there is no Creator who promises judgement to all of us for our works done here in this life. For example, millions in the New Age religions are explicitly told that they will have to accept the genocide of all who won't be part of the coming new golden age...but they are told to not think of that genocide as really murder because those poor souls will just go back to the universe to be re-taught.....and in this manner the coming golden age won't be prevented. This is loving the unrighteousness that believing the lie affords to them - they can murder without it really being "murder".

Sorry for the long-winded post to make a very simple point - believing everything that these world leaders tell us is truth determines our conclusions. What if that universe that they have painted for us is a fabrication and exageration to go along with the media pulpit's preaching regarding extraterrestrials being our true creators....what if the size of the universe must be huge to justify the hundreds of millions years needed for evolution..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

That's weird why do you think they switched?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join