It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hit ratio of Nostradamus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Two of the prophecies by Nostradamus are very interesting, imo.

One is the prediction, a man with the name of "Hister" will rise to power in connection with a big war. (Hitler/Worldwar 2)

Second prediction, i found astonishing, was the correlation between a presidential election and the prior capture of a perpetrator. (Obama/Osama Bin Laden)

Do you know a remarkable conformity told by Nostradamus ? Please share.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The important thing to remember is that most of Nostradamus's predictions, just like almost all other predictions are very open to interpretation, and you can only really decide what he meant after something happens that you can apply to the prophecy. Why do you think that the very specific prophecies never come true, but the less specific ones always do?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

If you're that interested I can reccomend that you read Nostradamus the new revelations by John Hogue.
The hit rate is less accurate the further from France and the further into the future he goes, quite fascinating stuff.

edit on 28-11-2012 by cody599 because: The usual

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nostradamus was the 16th Century's equivalent of Patrick Jane (The Mentalist). He was nothing more than a con artist.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CrisMajor

Yes, it is a whole philosophy in itself.
I was interested in the knowledge of ats members about other Nostradamus predictions, which were very close to real happenings.

The prediction of a man come to power combined with a huge war and the name so close to Hitler, can't be a coincidence, imo.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

i know that many of the alledged "priophescies " atributed to nostadamus use fraudulently altered translations of his quairtains

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I am not much of a reader
but thanks for the input about the distance to France and future aspect.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I am a huge fan of his. I was always amazed at how he described future objects. Skyscrapers called man made mountains, Jet pilots called half pig men, and tanks called iron beasts. If you like this guy you should check out ELPs work, his predcitions are really accurate and kind of have similar workings. worldpredictions.wordpress.com

top topics

join