It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Chemtrail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have been on this forum for a while now and i have read alot on Chemtrails but never seen one. Today i just happened to look up and i seen 2 planes flying side by side. I thought that the planes were passenger planes because they were big and loud but they are not allowed to fly close together like that.

Here is my photo, it was taken on an iPhone 5, sorry its not that good, iphone is no good for long pictures.

edit on 28/11/2012 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is contrails. The plane on the right has four engines.

ETA: There is no particular way to tell if the planes are actually flying side by side.
edit on 28-11-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There's really not much of any kind of trail. As you say though, it is fairly rare to see planes adjacent like that when on the same course, so they could be military.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
There's really not much of any kind of trail. As you say though, it is fairly rare to see planes adjacent like that when on the same course, so they could be military.

Unless they are not really adjacent. They could be two passenger jets -- one maybe at (say, for example) 33,000 ft while the other could be at 35,000 ft. A 2,000-foot difference in altitude would not be noticeable that far away (not even a 6% difference between the two altitudes), and is an allowable vertical separation for commercial air traffic.

However, as you pointed out, they could also be military planes in a formation.

edit on 11/28/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Military planes almost always fly in groups of at least two.
What makes you think these are chemtrails as opposed to regular contrails?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Unless they are not really adjacent. They could be two passenger jets -- one maybe at (say, for example) 33,000 ft while the other could be at 35,000 ft. A 2,000-foot difference in altitude would not be noticeable that far away (not even a 6% difference between the two altitudes), and is an allowable vertical separation for commercial air traffic.

However, as you pointed out, they could also be military planes in a formation.

edit on 11/28/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Yes, I agree that they need not be at the same level, and at their perceived height I would guess that they need 2000 feet of vertical separation, rather than 1000 feet. But, if they are not military, they are breaking the 15 minute rule when they are on the same course, and it does look like they are on the same course. One should be behind the other by a considerable margin, these two are definitely not.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yes, I agree that they need not be at the same level, and at their perceived height I would guess that they need 2000 feet of vertical separation, rather than 1000 feet. But, if they are not military, they are breaking the 15 minute rule when they are on the same course, and it does look like they are on the same course. One should be behind the other by a considerable margin, these two are definitely not.

That only applies if they are on the same level, which you've already agreed they need not be. Planes often overtake just 1000 feet away:

They even pass each other head on, just 1000 feet apart:

Sometimes both at the same time!

edit on 28-11-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

now there's a chemtrail!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

How can you tell?

If you are using the known false "contrails only last a short time" criteria then that photo probably spans less than 10 seconds (at 550mph a jet will cover about 2.5 km in 10 seconds) & even the most ardent chemmies I know of are willing to allow a minute!!
edit on 28-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

[
Yes, I agree that they need not be at the same level, and at their perceived height I would guess that they need 2000 feet of vertical separation, rather than 1000 feet.

not since Reduced Vertical Separation Minima was almost universally adopted in 2005

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

[
Yes, I agree that they need not be at the same level, and at their perceived height I would guess that they need 2000 feet of vertical separation, rather than 1000 feet.

not since Reduced Vertical Separation Minima was almost universally adopted in 2005

That's not as I understand it, it still depends on the measured altitude.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

That only applies if they are on the same level, which you've already agreed they need not be. Planes often overtake just 1000 feet away:

They even pass each other head on, just 1000 feet apart:

Sometimes both at the same time!

edit on 28-11-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't disagree with that, point taken.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

[

That's not as I understand it, it still depends on the measured altitude.

From that link:

Reduced vertical separation minima or minimum (RVSM) is the reduction of the standard vertical separation required between aircraft flying between FL290 (29,000 ft) and FL410 (41,000 ft) inclusive, from 2,000 feet to 1,000 feet (or between 8,850 and 12,500 m from 600 m to 300 m). This therefore increases the number of aircraft that can safely fly in a particular volume of airspace.

Historically, standard vertical separation was 1,000 feet from the surface to FL290, and 2,000 feet above FL290. This was because the accuracy of the pressure altimeter (used to determine altitude) decreases with height. Over time, air data computers (ADCs) combined with altimeters have become more accurate and autopilots more adept at maintaining a set level, therefore it became apparent that for many modern aircraft, the 2,000 feet separation was too cautious. It was therefore proposed by ICAO that this be reduced to 1,000 feet.

Very few airliners fly above 41,000 feet, which is now the only place where 2000 ft separation is required.

join