It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: “Event” Has Ocurred at Giant Sinkhole-(Video)-USGS Reporting Seismic Activity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I living south- east Louisiana. I just checked our three main news websites. None of them mention this issue. Actually, the news outlets in this area have been remarkably quiet about this whole sticky thing since not long after it began.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

I thought that the seismic events were the different levels of the old salt mines collapsing and filling with water . There was some mention of radioactive waste stored within those caverns also .

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'll start off by saying that vice news featured Louisiana sinkholes on part 2 of it's documentary on American water crisis.
www.vice.com...
I don't particularly like the author of the documentary, but I think the issues he raises are valid. Much of the sinkhole problems are contributed to the over-exploitation of the fresh water aquifers in Louisiana. It's easy to blame the corporations for pumping out too much ground water, but it is just to service the residents of Louisiana. Either the consumption of fresh water must go down or other fresh water resources must be made accessible and competitive, or else sink holes will continue to be a problem.

In my opinion, this sinkhole story is the consequence of the lifestyle of the residence, and it will just get worse until they realize the problem and change their behavior. I don't think it is necessarily a natural cycle or a sign of the end of the world, but I think it is another problem caused by human ignorance and selfishness.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Old E. Cayce prediction? I'm intrigued about that, cam you provide me with a link so I check into that? Thank you!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
so... why havent the TSA setup a perimeter around this butane well? I mean, even before the sinkhole thing.

If the butane is opened to the atmosphere it will evaporate itself, and mix with the atmosphere quite quickly (you see in butane cigarette lighters - as soon as you open the valve it comes rushing out as gas)

Seems like if there were people trying to create terror, they might be interested in one hundred hiroshima bombs on US soil.
edit on 29-11-2012 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Ok, it seems like a lot of people are either just hearing about the sinkhole or have a lot of questions that they want answered. Just thought I'd repost what CajunBoy said on the previous page - lots of folks have been following the sinkhole over at this thread and there are probably a lot of answers in there. This new 'sinkhole burp' is good as its own thread, but CajunBoy (and a lot of others, but mostly him as our local source) put in a lot of effort to give ATS the best damn updates in real time when the MSM was and is no where to be found. Resources like that are what make this website the greatest! ✌ peace!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

You are the THIRD person in this thread to promote that thread

I think I'm going to post this thread in that thread THREE times just for the hell of it

edit on 11/29/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Is there a connection now to Ohio? I am starting to get very interested.............

Please copy and paste the link removing the space between the // and before. Sorry!
Sinkhole in Ohio,
http:// beforeitsnews.com/earthquakes/2012/11/massive-sinkhole-still-growing-ohio-4-football-fields-long-30-deep-shuts-down-8-mile-stretch-of-road-2446744.htm l

*Mother of God why can't I post a bleeping link from my IPad?! Ahhhhhhhhh............:bnghd:*

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

LOL I can't fix it either.

Weird.

I'm on my iPhone so I will try and fix it when I get to work from a PC.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Fixed Link?

So there are massive sinkholes in Louisiana and Ohio. Also some kind of sinkhole in Pennsylvania. Why is this not on the news again?

When South America has a sinkhole it is all over the news. I'm not getting why this isn't being covered on every channel.

Hadn't heard anything about cancer outbreaks either. Would definitely like to hear more about that.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thanks both of you for trying to help my link problems out.

I may not be able to post a link but I can post a pic!

From the source that tport was able to link for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Just think, all you would need is a crazy guy looking for his road to heaven and a few virgins. He could do as much damage to the USA as flying into the WTCs. Crazy situation no matter what way you look at it. Hope it dosnt blow.

Or more like the reality - crazy men looking to be viewed as "gods" fulfill false prophecies of Cayce who preached the "Christ consciousness". You know, that "global consciousness" that we are all really little divine gods instead of created beings which is known under a myriad of terms - "spiritual awakening" "enlightenment" "illumination" etc. Prophecies by false prophets can appear to come "true", so how can you tell if the prophet's words come from the True God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? False prophets direct worship towards others instead of the Most High.

Your leaders aren't interested in going to Heaven. They've already rejected Him. Instead, they seek their utopia right here on earth and having your earthly worship.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Isn't Ohio on the New Madrid fault line?

I know sinkholes are quite common in Lousiana, but I do not believe them to be common in Ohio, and this also reminds me of the land splitting in Michigan. Earth changes are normal but it seems there is an increase in these events in which I used to never hear about until recently. Perhaps the internet is part of the reason why we hear about them more often but I am going to keep an eye on the developments nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing the pic

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I for one hope that Cacye's prophecies are incorrect because I live on the great lakes

And I hate cold swimming in cold water.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I have heard of the Lousiana and Ohio sinknoles but have not heard bout the one in PA. Thank you for notifying me and I will look into it shortly. If you have a link it would be awesome if you can share it, but I'm pretty sure the Google search I am about to perform should bring something up.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Isn't Ohio on the New Madrid fault line?

I know sinkholes are quite common in Lousiana, but I do not believe them to be common in Ohio, and this also reminds me of the land splitting in Michigan. Earth changes are normal but it seems there is an increase in these events in which I used to never hear about until recently. Perhaps the internet is part of the reason why we hear about them more often but I am going to keep an eye on the developments nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing the pic

Here is a little website that is pretty interesting about the New Madrid. It talks about the possibility that the Gulf of Mexico can cause the New Madrid to go off. There is some talk about the BP spill. Doesn't seem too far off that an explosion in Louisiana can cause the New Madrid to shift.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by tport17

I have heard of the Lousiana and Ohio sinknoles but have not heard bout the one in PA. Thank you for notifying me and I will look into it shortly. If you have a link it would be awesome if you can share it, but I'm pretty sure the Google search I am about to perform should bring something up.

Cheers.

I got that from the link a couple of posts up by Doodle. It is about halfway down the page with a picture.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

By the way you make a good point about the mainstream media not giving these events the attention they deserve, sure they might briefly mention them, but they then move on to something else and act like it's all over with. I personally believe these events to be worthy stories to report.

The conspiracy lover in me wants to believe that there may be a deliberate black out on these events, for what reason I can only speculate.

Looking at that Ohio sinkhole and it reminds me of that movie 2012 where the planet starts caving in but please be aware that I am not sold on the 2012 hype but it does not mean that I will not keep an open mind on the subject.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I work at a oilfield supply company which has stores located in all three places, Drilling and fracking are going on in Ohio. Penn I know still has some work being done there. Im not saying they are related but it very well could be.

Z

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

I would love to know where you live that the local news outlets did not mention this once to y'all. I have a news article from at least 1 news source in each parish in Southeast Louisiana about this hole.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join