It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you EVERYONE on ATS and here is why...

page: 1

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just want to state on the record here how thankful I am to everyone who posts here. The good, the bad and the ugly are all most welcome by me. I know I have been all three in my short time here. Haha, I have even vowed never to post here again in my heated moments! Yet every experience I have had has been worth the while.

I suppose I have got a lot out of this because I have put a lot of emotion and candidness into it. I have taken you all seriously. I tried not to be rude or disrespectful.

I do not post here so much these days, but I read here most days all the stuff you guys post. I love it so much. I find affinity, a strange kind of comfort and feeling of community here that I just cannot find anywhere else.

You know I guess we are all out of the box people who come here. We are not the usual. Did you know that we are even quite rare, most of us. Man, all you serious people who are contributing to ATS in a sincere way would be the kind of people I would revel in at any party.

Here I have been able to interact with knowledgeable physicists, soldiers, survivalists, people having psychosis, people dying, oh my word it is enless. Yet what is it that makes this forum community a cut above the rest?

For me it is the candidness, the diversity, the knowledge, the Internationalism, the cleverness and the humanity that when mixed with sincerity produce a magic blend that is the phenomenon of ATS.

I say this very seriously that since I started to come here and "argue" I have found that I have developed amazingly in my world view, my skills of communication and debate, my writing skills and my understanding of many aspects of real life, up to the second thought.

All that coupled with wit and humour that at times is beyond anything the main stream can offer makes me really proud of my membership here and my deep respect to everyone who is a sincere member of this community.

Thanks for extending my mind in all directions and for helping me to find a bit of belonging in this world!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Very well put. I agree with you, ATS has an amazing membership, and my writing and thinking skills have improved greatly since joining this site.

It is addicting, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Well said, Rev.

I go to news sites and read just the headlines, knowing that the full stories will be predictable. On rare occasions I'll read an article or two, and if they're interesting to me, I'll post them here.

But, when I come here I am compelled to click on at least 5 or 6 topics, and they are usually UNpredicatble. Thank gawd for the people here that, in mainstream society, they aren't considered part of the 'norm'.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
ATS is a great fun place to learn and love.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You're welcome. I take money orders, visa and mastercard.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would like to do exactly the opposite.

Good Luck ATS...

You need it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I may be heading down your way quite soon (backpacking), you can buy me a beer

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Send a penny to each one of us

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was thinking this the other day..was almost gonna post a thread but got distracted.

Like no matter what peoples views,all members here have something in common that brought us here,and keeps us here.

Brilliant minds think alike!!! :up

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I love it here.

I don't even speak the same way anymore. My world view has changed so much. Speaking to people all over, and debating every conspiracy and main stream story long past their logical conclusions.

My favorite is waking up every morning excited to look over at my open ATS page New Topics to see that WW III almost happened again, and that the magnetosphere collapsed... haha..

I'm a smarter, better, saner, more patient, and more informed person..

You guys ARE my community.

Maybe if it all goes mad max we should have ATS flags and shirts ready. So we can all find each other hahahaha..

Oh and thanks for my dark humor guys. Laughing at the ending world, one day at a time.

Now can you guys imagine if this was our job?? We'd get payed just like news anchors editors and production crews...
We would provide the best news around too.. If I was running the world I would take away all the CNNs and BBCs and just make all their reporters members here..

edit on 11/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I love it here for many of the same reasons. Its certainly a weird place with a diverse membership but that's what makes it so special. I think the mods have a lot to do with that. They keep things civil and make sure things don't get too crazy. A very fine balance I imagine.

I wouldn't know what to do with the Internet if it wasn't for ats.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 29-11-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Quite true, and well put! I myself lurk A LOT more than I post, but I can't agree with you more, Revolution. s&f from me!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I was never too impressed with mods until I came here..

Very Classy and Fair in my opinion.

I disagree with about half the people here, and yet I like everyone here.. I'd be hard pressed to come up with any certain screen names of people I didn't like, or respect...

I respect everyone here..

Maybe the whole world needs more respect?

We are from many different countries... a few of my favorite posters are from Iran. We don't fight or blow each other up.

New form of government... Interocracy... An Internet Democracy... Not based on laws, but based on popular opinion, and social conduct..
edit on 11/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have been reading ATS for a while now so thank you to everyone.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi Everyone

I've been a member a long time now 10yrs next yr lol

Although havent been very active in the last few yrs as due to personal issues etc but have quiet often came through and had alook around....................

Nice to see a member say it how it is ...............................

Hope to be around alot more now

Blackwidow

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree with you on everything you said
and thanks to you too!

I too feel the same. I have never been part of a forum like this before. I am always on ATS and my friends and family all know about the site lol. They tease me but it's something they don't understand. I feel much more comfortable talking to people on here because it seems like more get "it" than those in my personal face to face life. I kind of have to keep certain things to myself where on here i don't. I can be me!!

When i found out I was pregnant I mentioned it on here first and not any social site and I still haven't. I felt better telling people on here because so many on here are like family even if we have never met. There are a quite a few who have been there for me more than any person in my face to face life and one day I hope to thank them in person.

top topics

join