It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any thoughts or idea's on an old experience that as never left me?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Mugen

I agree, nothing in itself is something. How ever her post was not "empty" It just did not contain any words, look harder.

I squinted my eyes very much like in your avatar and still could only see nothing where the content is supposed to be.

As Rafiki would say in Lion King...

"Look Haarder."

"You see, this thread, it lives in You."
edit on 11/28/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Dang...debating you is a challenge. However, have any "nothings" been caught in the wild? Photographed? Even sighted? Empirically tested?

Even a vacuum is "something." Not to mention your equation which is, thusly, proof and evidence that "nothing" is "something" by the mere fact that you have quantified "it."

My head hurts.

Who woulda thunk this thread would turn out so well. It's like "Deep Thoughts from Jack Handy."

edit on 28-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Mugen

I agree, nothing in itself is something. How ever her post was not "empty" It just did not contain any words, look harder.

I squinted my eyes very much like in your avatar and still could only see nothing where the content is supposed to be.

As Rafiki would say in Lion King...

"Look Haarder."

"You see, this post, it lives.. in You."

Oh, are you suggesting that the empty post was expressing the existential angst of a finite human soul in a vast and uncaring universe, crushed into a meaningless life where "consume, be silent & die" is the only "raison d'être"?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
Any thoughts or idea's on an old experience that as never left me?

My best suggestion is to start from a blank slate.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well, using the equation:

+infinity + -Infinity = 0

You then realize Everything really is nothing, except where potential energy has built up...

There is no evidence anything exists, but what does that even mean?? Nothing at all...

It's all there man.. It's all nothing, until you separate it.

Infinite wisdom is only found as an object in nothing... Otherwise it's in the stars.. I have heard the great kings of the past are up there.

It's not all gas, even when it comes to the Gut.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Oh, are you suggesting that the empty post was expressing the existential angst of a finite human soul in a vast and uncaring universe, crushed into a meaningless life where "consume, be silent & die" is the only "raison d'être"?

Aww man you are too smart.. Giving away all my answers.. Grr.

Wish I was finite... I am tired of having to move.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Dang...debating you is a challenge. However, have any "nothings" been caught in the wild? Photographed? Even sighted? Empirically tested?

Even a vacuum is "something." Not to mention your equation which is, thusly, proof and evidence that "nothing" is "something" by the mere fact that you have quantified "it."

My head hurts.

Who woulda thunk this thread would turn out so well. It's like "Deep Thoughts from Jack Handy."

edit on 28-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

OK, here you go with the old ATS "photo or it didn't happen" catch phrase! I should have seen it coming.

Remember "absence of proof is not proof of absence" (not sure exactly what it means, but it somehow seems appropriate).

I know, I have attached here, to this post, no photographic proof at all of nothing, which proves absolutely nothing!

Case closed.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

OK, here you go with the old ATS "photo or it didn't happen" catch phrase! I should have seen it coming.

You didn't see it coming cause there was no picture...

I don't think any of this is happening.. I can't see it, so...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Infinite wisdom is only found as an object in nothing... Otherwise it's in the stars.. I have heard the great kings of the past are up there.

Dusty, you're a personal favorite o' mine here, but you are a lot brighter when you don't think too much.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Well, using the equation:

+infinity + -Infinity = 0

You then realize Everything really is nothing, except where potential energy has built up...

There is no evidence anything exists, but what does that even mean?? Nothing at all...

It's all there man.. It's all nothing, until you separate it.

Obviously there is something here, which indicates that not everything is nothing. A some stage, supersymmetry was broken and Baryonic matter (not just PE) was left over after the scuffle, somehow.

edit on 28/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Can't see it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Obviously there is something here, which indicates that not everything is nothing. A some stage, supersymmetry was broken and Baryonic matter (not just PE) was left over after the scuffle, somehow.

A thought perhaps.. ?

" ...I must get out of here. I must get free and in this mind is the key, my key... "
~agent smith.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

A thought perhaps.. ?

" ...I must get out of here. I must get free and in this mind is the key, my key... "
~agent smith.

I'd be afraid of getting the key stuck up my nose.

Not a good look.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Not a good look.

Push Harder... Then the key IS your mind...

It's really The Key to a good look if you're open to it...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Logos23
Great first post one of the best Ive seen in a long time very insightful and entertaining best of all no spelling errors..keep up the good work
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Not a good look.

Push Harder... Then the key IS your mind...
edit on 11/28/2012 by Dustytoad because: uote

Danger kiddies... Don't try this at home!

Wouldn't that lead to only having one key concept?

To be a fully balanced person, you'd have to have, like, a whole keyring full.

... and what if, while your mind was open, your whole brain fell out and you'd just sit there drooling until the landlady put your brain back in.

No way, been there, done that, never again.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Some doors may never be opened...

Do you have Pandora's number?

I'm being such a guy, but I want to open That box.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ah this, is because you are trying to see with your eyes.

How dare you make fun of my conspiracy face good sire....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, i felt like such an idiot that the post content just disappeared despite showing me a preview....but i feel i redeemed myself at least by starting off a discussion even if it was by default!

My problem now, is that i feel almost sure that the actual content I intended to be posted will probably not spark the same amount of interest! haha :-D And if i edited the original post by filling it with what i had intended it will take away from the discussion that as followed it!

The thing is.....I know what was contained in my disappearing post and I have to say with that knowledge the irony of what then followed in the discussion isn't missed on me!

If anyone is interested I saved my original intended post, I just didn't have the time to re-post earlier as i was on my way off.I will start a new thread.....not sure what to call this one though!

But thank you all for making me smile and laugh instead of feeling like a fool

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In my humble opinion.... Nothing is something
The "nothing" is where all things come from before they become a physical manifestation.
even our thoughts come from nothing, before they are something?
Just the babbling of a mad man i suppose?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join